StarCraft: Ghost - Good or Bad?

Sharky Forums

Thread: StarCraft: Ghost - Good or Bad?

Tiger Shark

StarCraft: Ghost - Good or Bad?

TONED DOWN VERSION.

Its a sad day when Blizzard abandon their loyal pc fanbase, just for a piece of the pie which is the frenzied console market. I'm not a big console freak and probably have a very biased view. But did they really have to expand the StarCraft franchise by choosing a console title to develop.

So how many embrace this new title with open arms. Or how many of you feel like you just sat on a rusty nail?

PS: I appreciate the warning Wurm, I guess as a former avid Blizzard fan, I let it get the better of me.
    "I am neither Goku nor Vegita, I am the instrument of your destruction!" --Gogita

1985......................................................1995......................................2005?
    Commodore............................................Intel.. .....................................Linux running on a Texas Instruments 486 Laptop? lol!
    Amiga 1000@7Mhz...................................Pentium75@75Mhz
    2mb RAM onboard
    expandable to 8mb Fastram......................8mb EDO RAM
    OCS custom chipset..................................512K S3 Video Card
    capable of 4096colors@640x480.................VGA/256colors@640x480
    and RF/TV out..........................................Yeah right!
    16bit 4-channel stereo..............................ISA Vibra16
    2 x 880k 3.5" floppy.................................1.44mb 3.5" floppy
    later purchased 50mb RAMdrive.................512 mb hd
    14"Phillips monitor/inbuilt speakers............14"Goldstar monitor
    32bit AmigaOS 1.0...................................16bit Windows 3.1
    Pre-emptive multitasking
    Low overhead/small footprint OS................Multi what? Bloatware showing already

Seamless/responsive operation of UI.........Try formatting a disk and opening a file to see what happens

I think its important to remember that and make a larger base of people happy enough to by you X product than to have a smaller group of people who are extra happy at you but still only buy one copy of the game.

Before this i diditn relize that the console market was that big, i mean i had assumed that consoles were something that just 5 year olds played who didnt even know what a "enter" was or ment. I think im starting to understand that the console market is, for what ever reason, kinda big.

i dont really like it at all. i was hoping (like every body else) that it would be starcraft 2. plus i dont really like consoles that much anymore. i have a gc, ps2 and my friend has a xbox, so i can play all of the good console games. theres only a handfull of games i like on all of the consoles.

if anything they should have released it on the pc first.
    GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 | Q6600 @ 3.0 | 2GB Crucial Ballistix |EVGA 8800gt | 80GB Raptor | X-Fi Platinum | Plextor 16X DL |

All this fuss with the countdown and then this crap :P
    A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    ABIT KN8 SLI
    2x512MB PC 3200 DDR
    BFG GTS 250 1 GB
    SB Audigy
    250gig Maxtor Maxline Plus II SATA HD
    Viewsonic VA1912wb

Re: StarCraft: Ghost - Good or Bad?

Originally posted by Gogita
    TONED DOWN VERSION.

PS: I appreciate the warning Wurm, I guess as a former avid Blizzard fan, I let it get the better of me.
    Its cool Gogita... I feel your pain as well
    War... War never changes.

But they already said earlier this month that it was going to be a console game...
    Anyway, i think it seems like a cool concept, you guys are all just pissed because its not Starcraft 2

LOL you might be right..

But I'm more pissed that is (so far) not being released for the PC..

because it looks like a damn good game.
    War... War never changes.

Re: StarCraft: Ghost - Good or Bad?

Originally posted by Gogita
    TONED DOWN VERSION.

Its a sad day when Blizzard abandon their loyal pc fanbase, just for a piece of the pie which is the frenzied console market.
    This could be how some console gamers felt when Blizzard left them to develop pc games years ago. Also, I didn't see or read anything that said they would never produce another pc game so I don't see how they are abondoning anyone. And to all those that say they'll never buy another game by Blizzard, yeah, sure you won't. As far as Ghost, I don't like 3rd person games so it wouldn't matter if it did come to pc, I probalby wouldn't be playing it anyway. But I do see it as a good move for Blizzard, financially anyways.

One thing I've noticed with this announcement; what's with all the arrogance? I can't figure out for the life of me why so many pc gamers think they are above anyone else. The days of complicated pcs are over - everyone has one. You're not doing anything that anyone else can't do. Get over it and move on. PCs are great fun that are useful for more than games. I play all the latest games on my pc, balance my checkbook, surf the net, and guess what....I have a console also. Nothing beats having some friends come over and playing some great console games together. I'm sick of reading all this arrogant sounding crap on these boards....makes me ashamed to be a pc gamer at times.
    Last edited by PowerCreep; 09-20-2002 at 11:00 AM.

Tiger Shark
    I haven't been particularly impressed with any of Blizzard's releases since Starcraft. They make the best cutscenes in the industry and usually create a quality product, but most of their games are so dumbed down that they may be better off doing console games anyway.

Catfish
    Meh.. its not like Blizzard said they're not developing any more pc games.. World of Warcraft will be out soon, and actually I think StarCraft II will be the next strategy game after WarIII series.. Of course its not SCII though since it wouldn't be logical since WarIII just came out. About SC: Ghost, it can be a good game if pulled off right. Looks like Metal Gear Solid or maybe something similar to Tom Clancy's SplinterCell.

Q: Is this StarCraft II?
    A: No.
    Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
    A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.
    ~The black wind howls..~
    My c0mp:
    -AMD Athlon XP1800
    -SK6 w/ Delta 60mm
    -Shuttle AK31 (kt266a)
    -512mb CRUCIAL PC2100
    -ATi Radeon8500 retail
    -40 gig IBM 60GXP
    -Plextor 16/10/40A
    -Pioneer 106S DVD-rom
    -Game Theater XP
    -Sony MDR-V6

Tiger Shark
    Originally posted by Azuth
    I haven't been particularly impressed with any of Blizzard's releases since Starcraft. They make the best cutscenes in the industry and usually create a quality product, but most of their games are so dumbed down that they may be better off doing console games anyway.
    My sentiments exactly.

But still, Gogita: Rusty nail.
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]