Wireless speakers for PC: what are the options/limitations?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Wireless speakers for PC: what are the options/limitations?

Tiger Shark

Wireless speakers for PC: what are the options/limitations?

I'm looking for a decent-quality portable speaker that will play audio output from my PC, all output, not just from iTunes, for example, which is the chief limitation of my otherwise excellent Bose Soundlink speaker. I want to be able to play music from Spotify, not just iTunes; is Spotify coded in some way to work only on certain, franchised wireless speaker systems?

In researching this, I keep tripping up over the Bluetooth issue. Most wireless speaker systems seem to require Bluetooth at the source, i.e. my desktop PC, but, unlike all modern laptops, iPads, etc., I do not think my PC transmits via Bluetooth, unless there is something I'm supposed to be plugging into my home wireless network to stream audio between the PC and a speaker.

Could somebody demystify all this for me? Many thanks.

Creative Bluetooth Audio USB Transmitter (BT-D1)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FVAQM8
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Sushi
    You can use transmitter to stream the sound in speaker. You can watch here, how it works

http://transmitterreviews.com/how-bluetooth-transmitter-works/

Expensive Sushi
    Why not just buy a jack to connect the speaker to your gadget?

Too easy!
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Expensive Sushi
    online buy is easy and fast as per quilty also

Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by TwIce View Post
    I'm looking for a decent-quality portable speaker that will play audio output from my PC, all output, not just from iTunes, for example, which is the chief limitation of my otherwise excellent Bose Soundlink speaker. I want to be able to play music from Spotify, not just iTunes; is Spotify coded in some way to work only on certain, franchised wireless speaker systems?

In researching this, I keep tripping up over the Bluetooth issue. Most wireless speaker systems seem to require Bluetooth at the source, i.e. my desktop PC, but, unlike all modern laptops, iPads, etc., I do not think my PC transmits via Bluetooth, unless there is something I'm supposed to be plugging into my home wireless network to stream audio between the PC and a speaker.

Could somebody demystify all this for me? Many thanks.
    now there are palanty of speaker available in the market now just give a visit to your near market hope you can find what you are looking for

Sushi
    https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-ne...ers-bluetooth/

Check out this extensive list, maybe you will be able to find what you need.

Sushi
    Do you have any brand choice? Or anything is okey for you. However, there have some good option available. You can try at Amazon or eBay for a good wirelss speaker. All the best!

Expensive Sushi
    You can use almost all kinds of wireless speakers with your PC. There shouldn't be any issue with iTunes alone. You need to check out your settings. However, as for the speakers, I think Bem speakers wouldn't be a bad choice. You can check the like below like if you want.
    Last edited by Stinson; 09-25-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Note that this thread is Five YEARS Old....

Sushi
    you may need a Bluetooth signal PC dongle?

Sushi
    Hi, I am Adan just come across here! My recommendation for you for you Top & best picks for some latest wireless audio and electronics gadgets which makes your lifestyle easier and healthier.