black and yellow plug on PSU, what is it for?

Sharky Forums

Thread: black and yellow plug on PSU, what is it for?

Tiger Shark

black and yellow plug on PSU, what is it for?

i have a 350W, and on it i have this 12v ( i think it is) plug that connects to my Asus P48sx mobo, do i have this plugged in or not? another thing is whenever i try to search on my pc my entire system slows down and hangs..and my mouse lags...anyone knows what this might be caused by?

Hammerhead Shark
    does it run really slow no matter what? or just when you search around on the net?

and if you're talking about the P4 connector with 2 yellow wires and 2 black ones, then yes you need it.. i havn't dealt with intel enough to know specifically what it does, or what your system would be doing without it... but i know that you should have it hooked up.
    My Stuff (really outdated.. try HERE for now)
    Hardware: Abit KD7, XP 1700+ Tbred @ 146x15 @ 1.80Vcore, 1x512 + 2x256 Kingston DDR, ATI AIW 9700 PRO, Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Live!, 550watt Enermax PSU
    160GB Samsung hard drive
    Watercooling - Maze3, Eheim 1250, modified Super Cube radiator and heater core

Definitely plug that 12v connector into your mobo, it gives extra juice to your P4 so it may solve your lag problems...
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

Or click to end hunger...