Frozen Movies [Mucho Help needed]

Sharky Forums

Thread: Frozen Movies [Mucho Help needed]

Frozen Movies [Mucho Help needed]

A lot of video files on my computer freeze up in any video player and I can't figure out what's going on. It appears it's movies decoded in DivX (some work, some don't) and I just can't figure out what is going on and why when I play them they open, then freeze up my computer.

I've installed DivX Pro, and the Nimo Codec (5 beta 9) and still no go

Any ideas?
    Main PC: MSI P965 Neo-F | nVidia geForce 7300GT | Intel C2D E6400 | 250GB SATA II WD Hard Drive | SB Audigy 2 Platinum | 8x DVD Burner| 2GB Corsair XMS DDR II 675 | Logitech z680's | Cordless MX Duo | Samsung 191T | (2) 19inch Rosewill 913E

HTPC: Abit IC7 | ATI Radeon 9800 Pro | Intel P4c 2.8Ghz | 120GB WD SE | Chaintech AV-710| 4x DVD+RW | 1GB RAM | Onkyo 7.1 Speakers | TV Tuner | Rosewill Cordless KB and Mouse | 15 Inch LCD | Panasonic PT-L500U Projector | USB 2.0 Card Reader

Maybe there is a conflict with one of the encoders/decoders/filters/etc you installed with the Nimo Codec Pack.

Try Nimo 5.7 or the kazaa codec pack (from kazaalite.tk)...I'm not sure about 5.9, but 5.8 always had a truck load of codec errors for me.

Ok that sounds like a case of DivX 3 freeze frames, a copy of DivX antifreeze filter will stop that.

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Codecs/DivXAF.0_4.zip

If that link doesnt work, go to www.doom9.org , then to downloads, then the codecs section, then the DivX antifreeze.