Radeon Dual View HELP!!

Sharky Forums

Thread: Radeon Dual View HELP!!

Tiger Shark

Radeon Dual View HELP!!

ok guys i bought a radeon 9500 pro and a second monitor so i could urn dual view. A few firends of mine have GF4 GFX cards and they can run what is called enlagred desktop, thats where they actually use two monitors as one and they get insane resolutions like 2048 x 1024. All i can do with my radeon is extended deskop, and this sucks, mainly becuase i have to set each monitor resolution and refresrate independently, what is bad about this is that the second display is NOT accelerated so i cannot spand say 3DSMAX into that window... IS what i am trying to do even possible with an ati card? and if so what am i missing and where do i need to go to do this? if its impossible on ATI cards i will send this radeon back ASAP becuase the only reason i bought it and a second moniotr.

you have to download hydrovision from ati.
    it will let you expand programs across both monitors.
    you still have to set each monitors resoulution independantly and they have to be the same res, but im usre ati is working on an update for it
    Samsung 204T
    Athlon64X2 4400+
    2gb corsair xms
    dfi lanparty (1.375v fixed ram issues)
    bfgtech 7800gt
    74gb raptor
    160gb wd
    lianli case
    .....im sold on the whole dual core thing

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!

Boilermaker class of 2008

Currently: Dallas, US. Originally: Monterrey, Mexico
    been using Ultramon for over a year
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/

IMO a lot easier to use than Hydravision
    "Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
    My Honor is My Life

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Tiger Shark
    is that all there is? do i really need to get an NVIDIA card to do what i need...i tried that program yo urecommended.. it didnt do the 2048 x 1024 spilt across two monitors tho..

I knew the nVidia dual display software was better than the others, but i didnt realise it could use acceleration on both monitors...

Both ATI and Matrox software you can only use overlay on the primary monitor, so im guessing it cant do what you want..

Originally posted by jib
    I knew the nVidia dual display software was better than the others, but i didnt realise it could use acceleration on both monitors...

Both ATI and Matrox software you can only use overlay on the primary monitor, so im guessing it cant do what you want..

You can use overlay on both displays on ATI cards. I do it all the time to send full screen overlay to a TV while the primary monitor displays the desktop.

To the original poster - what you want to do can definitely be done on ATI cards. You just need to set it up properly. Do you have the ATI Control Panel application installed? All the options are in there. Go to Display Properties -> Settings-> Advanced -> and then select the type of second display you're using and it'll show 3 options to use that secondary display. One is extend desktop horizontally. Other is extend desktop vertically and the third option is to clone desktop.