Where can i download DirectX 9.0a?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Where can i download DirectX 9.0a?

Tiger Shark

Where can i download DirectX 9.0a?

Anyone know? I'm on dial up and need to install it on a few computers and i don't want to download it on each of them.

All i can find is the 291 kb file to download it. Will take days to do it that way on 5 computers.

That's the only way to do it. The file you download from MS' site is an installer. You can always save a little time, and copy the installer onto a floppy disk, and copy that to each computer.

That is the only way to do it unforunately. It shouldn't take more than an hour for each computer with the dial-up connection.

Some games have Direct X 9.0a on the game install cd. I know Freelancer has it. I think GTA Vice City has it too.
    Spoiler

Smile

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?i...&category=main

You can download the 30mb file from there, then copy it to a CD and install it directly.

they're isn't any reason to download it unless you have a game that used it, in that case it'll come with the game, so dont worry!
    Now for some shameless self promotion:
    www.noo-paala-films.tk [seriously, its good]

Tiger Shark
    The TV turner i have says i should have it installed. Whats the differance in that 30mb file?

Originally posted by gateways_rule
    That is the only way to do it unforunately.
    aaahhhh, bunch of amateurs

you can get the whole install exe direct from microsoft here;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

enjoy
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE | 16GB Corsair Vengenance | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 | ATI HD 4850 | Crucial C300 128GB | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Samsung F3 1.5TB | LG GH22LS30 DVD | Antec NeoPower 550W | Antec P180 | Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
    Apple Macbook Pro (13.3") | Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz | 2GB DDR3 1066 | nvidia 9400M | OSX "Snow Leopard"
    Currently playing; EvE Online - Incarna (PC/Mac) | League of Legends (PC)

Originally posted by qmul

aaahhhh, bunch of amateurs

you can get the whole install exe direct from microsoft here;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

enjoy

isnt that the way people have been saying?
    I'm a Sunbeam fanboy, are you?

Originally posted by jamezzz122
    isnt that the way people have been saying?
    No, most people were downloading the end-user install "stub". The stub is a small executable that runs and then connects to Microsoft's web site to download only the needed components. Qmul's link is to the "redistributable", which is the whole ball o' wax.

Using the stub is pretty efficient for one computer since you don't have to download everything. But if you're going to install it more than once, it's a lot more efficient to download the redistributable and run it locally so you don't have to download components over and over again -- once from each computer.

Smile

Originally posted by David9799
    The TV turner i have says i should have it installed. Whats the differance in that 30mb file?
    The 200k (or however large it was) file is a small program that then downloads all the needed parts of Dx9 to your PC. The 30mb file downloads the whole caboodle, meaning you can copy that file across the network and install it on each computer (and only have to download 30mb), whereas you'd have to download it for each computer if you use that 200k one (and then subsequently the 30mb again).

The file that I and qmul (i couldn't find it on the MS site) linked, is the 30mb one which you can then use on each computer.