Radeon 9500 Pro

Sharky Forums

Thread: Radeon 9500 Pro

Tiger Shark

Radeon 9500 Pro

Hey guyz. I have two questions.
    1) After i install the drivers for my radeon 9500 pro , if i go to uninstal lit the software asks me if i wanna remove a PCI 9500rpo or an AGP 9500 pro, i only have one card and its an AGP. anyone knows whats going on?
    (2) opengl perofrmace on my radeon9500 is 3dsmax really sucks i mena really bad i open a scene with 40000 polys and i cant move aorund in it. things seems faster hwen i choose to use direct x, but i cant use direct x 9, only 8.1, 9 is installed on my machien can anyone help me?

it is probably refering to the dual ramdacs. if you look in device manager under display adaptors it will show 2 cards.
    as for the other problems got me

I'm not getting all this, what do you mean when you say Dx9 doesn't work (plz give examples)?

Tiger Shark
    it says dx9 initilization failed, and that i should install dx9

How did you get back to Dx8.1 then?

Tiger Shark
    Farmerboy it lets me reselect dx 8.1 once dx9 craches. soi start 3dsmax with direct x 9, it crashes and give me this error message "Direct3D failed to initialize, make sure you have the latest version of Directx installed" then i have to restart 3dsmax and choose Opengl or directx 8.1. got it ?