Madden 2004 demo is out!

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2004 demo is out!

Talking Madden 2004 demo is out!

Have any of you tried it out yet? It's freakin' kickass! I'm going to buy the game when it comes out. Download it here: www.fileplanet.com or www.fileshack.com

Downloading now.
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

I'll check it out a bit later, because I'm writting from a public computer, but I can't wait to see it. Thanks for the news.
    Please Help Save Ana!

Specs of my home-grown beauty:
    Case:CM WM | A64 3500+ (2.2 GHz) | Mobo:EPoX 9NPA + SLi nF4 | 250GB SATA | 1GB PC3200 | 1 Asus Optical Drive (DVD) | 6800GT | Logitech X-530 | MX518 | ViewSonic 19" VE902m | Windows XP Home SP2

Sharky's Extreme 3DMark Team

WoW syndrome WC3 affliction AA sickness

i gotta a question. i was thinking of getting madden 2004 for the pc but was wondering how do you have it so you can have 2 people playing on it with 2 controllers at the same computer? is there a splitter you have to buy if you have two game controllers hooked up to the computer or does it have to be one keyboard and one controller?
    "you know the world is going to Hell when your last "honorable" enemies were the Nazis"

Originally posted by proxemo666
    i gotta a question. i was thinking of getting madden 2004 for the pc but was wondering how do you have it so you can have 2 people playing on it with 2 controllers at the same computer? is there a splitter you have to buy if you have two game controllers hooked up to the computer or does it have to be one keyboard and one controller?
    If you have two people playing with only a keyboard and mouse you're going to be in trouble. The best way to do it is to have 2 game pads hooked up. You can hook two game pads up by simply plugging each into an available usb port, easy as that.

Is this one a big improvement over the last few years?
    Rubik's cube, from hell's heart I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Noooooooo, I have to study for the MCAT. Now what's more important, the future or the present?
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

Or click to end hunger...

Well, I gave in and played it. It really sucks that you can't turn up the resolution so you can see it in it's full glory. The gameplay has gotten really, really fast. Until I play the full version I'm going to have to say that NCAA Football 2004 is way better.
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

Yeah I hate the fact the game is fixed at what I must assume is either 640x48- or 800x600. I own Madden 2002 and I can say there are improvements or refinements to 2004 but they are quite hard to judge at these slopy resolutions. I certainly am in no hurry to buy this game based on its demo

Originally posted by sapasion
    Yeah I hate the fact the game is fixed at what I must assume is either 640x48- or 800x600. I own Madden 2002 and I can say there are improvements or refinements to 2004 but they are quite hard to judge at these slopy resolutions. I certainly am in no hurry to buy this game based on its demo
    Did you find the kicking to be freakin' difficult as hell like I did? I had a chance to win the game w/a field goal but Janikowski missed cuz the kicking slider moved so fast.
    Last edited by Hans Moleman; 08-11-2003 at 09:46 PM.
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

Should I get the pc version over the console version? Is it that much better on pc?

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    How long can you play the demo (i.e. what is the time set on the clock?) I'm really sick of only being able to play the last 45 seconds of a game.
    And what 2 teams must you play as?
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
    How long can you play the demo (i.e. what is the time set on the clock?) I'm really sick of only being able to play the last 45 seconds of a game.
    And what 2 teams must you play as?
    It's a regular game except the quarters are only a minute long. It's a superbowl rematch of the Raiders vs Bucs. I'm getting the PC version cuz it just looks too pretty at 1600x1200.
    Last edited by Hans Moleman; 08-11-2003 at 10:20 PM.
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

I will pick this one up as well..

Asus A7n8x 2.0
    AMD T'bred XP 2400 2.0ghz
    Windows XP Pro
    Corsair XMS 512 2700 DDR
    80GB Western Digital HDD ATA/133
    Lite-on 52x24x48 CDRW
    Radeon 9700 Pro(Bios flashed 340/325)
    Black Aluminum Chenming Case
    Antec Trueblue 350W
    Samsung 995DF 19"
    1.5/256 DSL

Originally posted by Hans Moleman
    The gameplay has gotten really, really fast.
    Are you sure that your computer isn't running the game improperly in some way? With you talking about the overly fast slider and everything it sounds like it might be a problem with your computer, although I could be wrong. Maybe try downloading a gameplay video of it and see if it looks as fast as how yours runs.
    Rubik's cube, from hell's heart I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

there's a couple new features that improve upon the game. IGN has a review for the Xbox, but PS2, GC and PC should be similar.

A new gameplay mode is the Owner option. You get to own your own franchise, even creating your own franchise to replace an existing one, create your own stadium, manage ticket prices, food, souvenir's etc. You can also use the right analog stick, a la Live 2003, and change plays that the line of scrimmage, and even direct downfield blockers.

But I think I'm gonna stick with Madden 2003 and hold out until Madden 2004 goes to the bargain bin.