ti83 calculator, what should I download?

Sharky Forums

Thread: ti83 calculator, what should I download?

ti83 calculator, what should I download?

I've got a new ti83+ for school and in addition to the many useful features included I want to download me some software. By this I mean games, useful apps, or stuff for school. Any links or suggestions would be great fellas.
    Rubik's cube, from hell's heart I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

drugwars!!! and maybe tetris

Originally posted by JDC
    drugwars!!! and maybe tetris
    Where can I find drug wars? I've been lookin for it.
    Rubik's cube, from hell's heart I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Did yours come with like a Calk to USB cord? Or by "download" do you mean get from someone else's calculator?

I'm gonna buy one pretty soon myself...

Main Rig

+ AthlonXP 2500+ Barton (early week, unlocked); cooled by SLK900A w/ 92mm 64cfm fan + The Uberduct
    + 200x11, 1.725vcore, 2.7vdimm for everyday use; 210x11, 1.825vcore, 2.8vdimm max stable overclock
    + Abit NF7-S rev2 (Vantec Iceberq on NB)
    + 1x512MB Buffalo Tech PC3200 (CH-5)
    + Radeon 9500 Pro awaiting it's overclock
    + Seagate Barracuda 80GB 8MB cache 7200RPM HD#1
    + Western Digital 60GB 2MB cache 5400rpm HD#2
    + LG 52x CDRW
    + Samsung 32x CDROM
    + Allied 400W PSU
    + NEC FE991SB 19"
    + WindowsXP Proffesional
    + Sennheiser HD212 PROs

Private Jagermeister of the Cooler's Guild.

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    Did yours come with like a Calk to USB cord? Or by "download" do you mean get from someone else's calculator?

I'm gonna buy one pretty soon myself...
    They all come with a calc 2 calc cable, and for 15 bucks you get the usb cable. By download I mean actually download off the net, if my friends had it I'd just grab it off them

Check out this place: http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/

Originally posted by gateways_rule
    Check out this place: http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/

Yep that website is cool, but I still can't find drug wars lol. I think they censored it on a lot of sites. Does anyone have the file that they could send me?
    Last edited by Panda; 09-07-2003 at 12:55 PM.

Not Pirate... Arrrchiver Mr Cherry's Avatar
    Time for you to start programming on your own I think. It's incredibly easy, in my day, I made over 50 programs for my TI-82. Never got a thing done in Calculus class.
    ---> : : : computer specs : : : <---
    :::heatware:::

Currently playing: World of Warcraft [Lightbringer Realm]

''Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs… Hey! Pay Attention!"

update: 2/28/08

ahha in highschool math all i would do is program in my calc. i made many math programs...and i made some movies (you can draw pictures and have one load after the other, and just loop them) funny short things.
    i also made some programs that would mess with peoples calculator. i made a program named 'default' (everyone had a program named 'default' that would restore settings) so i made one called default that appeared to restore settings but when you performed a math equation(say 2+2) it would give you a false answer. but of course since you were running in a program you couldnt use buttons like app or prgm, but people were too stupid to know they were in a program- so they thought their calcs were broken...and they didnt know how to push 2nd quit. so they would turn it off and run 'default' right away to restore their settings...and teh cycle continued. BWAHAHAHA.

Originally posted by Mr Cherry
    Time for you to start programming on your own I think. It's incredibly easy, in my day, I made over 50 programs for my TI-82. Never got a thing done in Calculus class.
    Hehe I know how to use basic so I could probably do some boring crap given the time.

Holy cow, does your calculators ever just like crash when you're in a program that you made or something and it crashes? and then it says RAM CLEARED?! That happened to me in math class yesterday when I was playing duck hunt! It totally sucked.

lmao..drug wars has got to be the best game i've ever played on a ti-83...wish i still had it...
    My Current System
    C2Q Q6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 1.31v | Zerotherm NV120 Nirvana | Asus P5W DH | 4GB Corsair G-Skill PC6400 | 1GB HIS IceQ4 4870 Turbo | X-Fi Xtrememusic | Megaworks 650 6.1 | 500GB WD SE16 | Corsair TX750W | TT Tsunami | Log. MX3100 Duo | Dell 2007WFP | Vista HP x64
    3d05 - 20025 | 3d06 - 15570

My Heatware | My Rig Pics/OC | Sharkyforums 3dmark Team
    |
    Currently Playing- DoW:2, UT3, TF2, NWN2

Originally posted by gateways_rule
    Holy cow, does your calculators ever just like crash when you're in a program that you made or something and it crashes? and then it says RAM CLEARED?! That happened to me in math class yesterday when I was playing duck hunt! It totally sucked.
    That will happen a lot when you are using software from pretty much anyone other than TI.

What you can do: go to your memory manager (2nd then mem) and make sure there is an asterisk * by every program you aren't using (other than the variables and such). What this does is send your programs from ram to the archive so that if you lock up everything is saved. You stand a very good chance of losing whatever you have running if you lock up or lose power.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    like mummert said Check out this place: http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/ man he such a tank

Sleeps with the Fishes
    mummert u shouldnt play duck hunt in math class, listen and take notes instead