Project Zelda - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Zelda

(In a larger, african american woman's voice) Where have you been boy? I was getting all worried about you, and your mod. [/end]

It is so... what is the word I'm looking for... ah, yes, GREEN.

NJ on the painting, just put it together and take a pic for me plz

DARUNIA, AFTER LINK BEATS KING DODONGO:
    It's me, Darunia! Well done!
    Thanks to you, we can once again eat the delicious rocks from the Dodongo's Cavern until our stomachs burst!
    What a wild adventure! It will make an incredible story...
    I can't believe that the Dodongos suddenly appeared in such great numbers! And that big rock blocking the cave...
    All this trouble must have been caused by that Gerudo thief, Ganondorf!
    He said, "Give me the Spiritual Stone! Only then will I open the cave for you!" You, on the other hand, risked your life for us...
    Kid, I like you!
    How's about you and I become Sworn Brothers?!
    No, there's no big ceremony involved! Just take this as a token of our friendship!
    (obtain Goron's Ruby)
    Brother! You'll keep brushing up on your skills as you travel, won't you?
    You should go see the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain! She will power you up!
    Hey, everybody! Let's see off our Brother!
    (Ahhhhhh)

--------------------------------------------

Alrighty, time for another update

haha thanks keen, i promise this will be done before december 5th

This is the cable for the vfd, power and parallel. I sleeved it up.. whooo how exciting

Here's the completed cd-rw. The paint looks a little off around the circular dealy that holds the magnet thingy in, but that's been fixed now thanks to Mr. Sharpie

Finally, I started work on the front panel, chopping off all those air restrictive and somewhat ugly fins. I used a regular cut off wheel, and then a grinding stone to smooth out the bumps. The bondo next to it wont be used for a while, because I plan to cutout a fanhole for the front fan, and then bondo up the problematic areas. I've never worked with bondo before, so anyone have any tips? haha

keep up the great work! I love the zelda intros too...that was an awesome game, i'm a bit nostalgic now...
    My Current System
    C2Q Q6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 1.31v | Zerotherm NV120 Nirvana | Asus P5W DH | 4GB Corsair G-Skill PC6400 | 1GB HIS IceQ4 4870 Turbo | X-Fi Xtrememusic | Megaworks 650 6.1 | 500GB WD SE16 | Corsair TX750W | TT Tsunami | Log. MX3100 Duo | Dell 2007WFP | Vista HP x64
    3d05 - 20025 | 3d06 - 15570

My Heatware | My Rig Pics/OC | Sharkyforums 3dmark Team
    |
    Currently Playing- DoW:2, UT3, TF2, NWN2

that is still looking awesome!! keep up the great work man! i like the green. i will definitely enjoy seeing the finished project...if only it would be here sooner...
    nForce 680i SLI; Core 2 Duo E6700; 2 x 1GB PC2 8500; nVidia 8800GTX
    8RDA+; XP 1700+ @ 2075MHz; 2 x 256MB PC3200; 6 HDDs @ 1.47TB; Radeon 9800Pro
    OC Crusaders Alpha Dir schultz of The Cooler's Guild Sharky's Folding Team - Help Us Out
    Sharky's Extreme 3DMark Team Pyro's 3dmark 01/03 Guide

OWL, BY ZORA'S RIVER:
    Hoo hoo! Looks like you've gotten bigger and stronger already, Link!
    Just ahead lies Zora's Domain. The Zoras serve Hyrule's Royal Family by protecting this water source.
    Their door will not open for anyone except those who have some connection with the Royal Family.
    Let them hear the melody of the Royal Family!
    Hooo hoo hoooot!

- - - - - - - - -

KING ZORA, WHEN LINK SHOWS HIM THE LETTER IN A BOTTLE:

Ho, this letter! It's from Princess Ruto!!
    Hmmm...Let's see...
    She's inside Lord Jabu-Jabu? That's not possible!
    Our guardian god, Lord Jabu-Jabu, would never eat my dear Princess Ruto! But since that stranger, Ganondorf, came here, Lord Jabu-Jabu has been a little green around the gills... The evidence seems clear.
    Of course, you'll go find Ruto. You can pass through here to the altar of Lord Jabu-Jabu. I'll keep this letter. You keep the bottle it was in. Take it respectfully! Please find my dear Princess Ruto immediately...

--------------------------------------

Update time, albiet a small one

I worked on the front panel a bit, and cut the fanhole

The fan behind it gives a better idea of what to come

cut the front fangrill out, and gave it a bit of a filing

Primed up the other side panel, too bad its just the primer because the application was excellent haha

I sanded and primed/painted the dvd rom's case as well, but since it looks similar to the cd-rw, i wont bother with pics untill it's finished and put back together

Today I had to work, so I brought the chasis in, and gave it a good sanding.
    Had a bit of an accident last night though, I wanted to burn a cd, and didnt want to turn my main rig off, to plug the cd-rw in... i really should have *Doh!*, I put the molex in the wrong way, it shorted the system out and rebooted, and i think may have damage the cd-rw, because when I shut down, and tried to boot up, it gave me a solid orange led, and the tray wouldnt open when i pushed the button...
    ah well, it was a 32x burner anyway, time to upgrade

That's about it for this update, hope to have more soon

everything is looking really good. I'm surprised that you're working so quickly. As much as people are telling you that they can't wait to see the next installment, I know that you're doing it right, and taking your time, that way no regrets down the road, and still we're getting regular updates.

looks good dude.
    Originally posted by Ferrett
    I'M SORRY. There were hot girls. I got distracted.

Thanks for the encouragement big mac
    I've had a lot of time on my hands over the past few days.
    I also have a deadline on this case, December 5th (Turning it in for my art final) so i'm trying to get as much done as possible without rushing too hard haha
    If its not perfect by the 5th, i'll wing it and try to make it look as best as possible before then, then add on afterwards

Originally posted by DRxAndy
    Thanks for the encouragement big mac
    I've had a lot of time on my hands over the past few days.
    I also have a deadline on this case, December 5th (Turning it in for my art final) so i'm trying to get as much done as possible without rushing too hard haha
    If its not perfect by the 5th, i'll wing it and try to make it look as best as possible before then, then add on afterwards
    so you are actually doing this for an art final as well as for fun? that's awesome!!! and yes i really would like to see the finished product...but like Big_Mac said doing it slower is a good idea. you can definitely tell the difference between something that is just hacked together and soemthing you spend some good well planned out time on.
    OC Crusaders Alpha Dir schultz of The Cooler's Guild Sharky's Folding Team - Help Us Out

it started out just for myself, then when i found out that we could do anything we wanted for the final, i was psyched
    i talked to my teacher about it after class today, and she gave the ok, and was pretty interested as well

it started out just for myself, then when i found out that we could do anything we wanted for the final, i was psyched
    i talked to my teacher about it after class today, and she gave the ok, and was pretty interested as well
    that's awesome! cool that your teacher is interested as well!

I have made it tradition to post after every update... so here I go . Looking nice, I wanna see what you conjure up for the front to cover up the fan and/or what you do to make it look like a piece of art.

Blah... there, there is some motivation for you. Now finish it up!

PRINCESS RUTO, WHEN LINK FINDS HER:
    You? Who are you?! I am Ruto, Princess of the Zoras.
    What?! Are you saying my father asked you to come her to save me?
    I'd never ask anyone to do such a thing! "Letter in a Bottle?" I have no idea what you're talking about! My father is worried about me? I don't care! Anyway, I can't go home right now. And you... Get out of here!Understand?!
    (walks away, falls into hole) Ooooh Noooooo!
    (talk again)
    Are you still hanging around here? I told you to go away!
    I'm OK. I've been going inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly since I was little, but... Lord Jabu-Jabu is very strange today... There are electrified jellyfish and strange holes around... On top of that, my precious stone was...but... That's none of your business! Anyway... You! Go home now! Understand?!
    (talk again)
    You're that worried about me? Then I will give you the honor of carrying me! However...I won't leave until I find the thing I'm looking for. You'd better believe me!

- - - - - - - - - - -
    RUTO, FINDING THE SPIRITUAL STONE OF WATER:
    That's it! That's what I've been looking for! Throw me up there! Onto the platform!
    (Princess Ruto got the Spiritual Stone! But why Princess Ruto?)
    Oh my goodness! I finally found... My mother's stone... I got very upset when Lord Jabu-Jabu swallowed it... While I was feeding him, he suddenly swallowed me! I was so surprised I dropped it inside... But, now that I've found it, I don't need to be in here anymore! So, take me home, right now!
    (platform rises, Ruto screams)

--------------------------------------------------

Another update

Thank you very much Mr. Schultz and Mr.Keen

Worked a bit today, and had fun with bondo

First I took a scrap of lexan i had lying around, and cut it to fit behind the area i planned to bondo up, in the picture above, you'll see that behind it, i taped it in with masking tape, just for extra security.

The bondo applied, and still wet

I plan to cut out the fanhole in the lexan later, or remove the lexan - but i'm swaying to just cutting the hole because the lexan gives it some support

I also worked a bit with the led's

As shown in the image above, i removed the orange led's and replaced them with the "Secret" color. I decided to leave the main green led alone, and not switch it with another led, because it fit well with the theme, and it saves time cutting and soldering haha
    I also sleeved it up, unfortunately i'm running out of sleeving, so I had to use a size too small, but it looks ok none the less.

That's all for today
    -DRxAndy

Thank you very much Mr. Schultz and Mr.Keen
    whoa...that was pretty weird. my last name is actually Schultz so that was really weird for a second or two...

...and no problem.

so when are we actually going to find out when this secret color is? or are we going to have to wait until you are all done? once again...looking excellent and i really like how it's taking shape.

Originally posted by schultz
    whoa...that was pretty weird. my last name is actually Schultz so that was really weird for a second or two...

...and no problem.

so when are we actually going to find out when this secret color is? or are we going to have to wait until you are all done? once again...looking excellent and i really like how it's taking shape.
    Putty!!! I should buy a case and mod it... hmmm, or buy a temp. case and mod my 835. Hmmm, so many choices and decisions, thanks for infecting me with the modding bug. Great, and finals are this week too.

RUTO, SAVED FROM BARINADE:
    (inside warp light)
    You...You're late! What took you so long? You're useless! I was just lonely, that's all... Just a little!!
    (warp outside, Link falls in water, Ruto jumps in too)
    You! You looked cool...cooler than I thought you would, anyway... Just a little! Well, anyway, you saved me, so I guess I'll reward you. What do you wish? Just tell me...

(Nothing really...)
    Heeheehee... Don't be shy. I can tell what you're thinking...

(I want that Spiritual Stone)
    You mean the Spiritual Stone of Water, Zora's Sapphire, don't you? My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring!

All right!I'll give you my most precious possession: Zora's Sapphire!
    (obtain Zora's Sapphire)
    (Her most precious possession? You don't know what she's talking about, but you've finally collected all three Spiritual Stones!! Go back to see Princess Zelda!)
    (black screen)
    Don't tell my father...

-------------------------------------

Small update

I started sanding down the bondo, went and got a sanding dealy for a drill to make light work of it. Didn't finish because of time constraints, but here's a comparison of what it's come from haha

A big thanks to the quality of antec, for providing me with another front panel, just because the little clips at the bottom were broken in shipping. So haha if i totally screw this front panel up, i have a backup!

I also worked on painting the other side panel

ooooo reflection of lawnmower in ittttt :clap:
    I'm pretty proud of how well its turning out, yesterday I ran into a minor glitch when i put the first application of green on. I had it perfect, and then as soon as i've come to bring it into the garage, a damn bug landed right on it! I left it be, but then it started walking around on it :wallbash: , so i ended up pulling it off and murdering it between my fingers... arrgh
    Started with 40 grit to remove all the paint before, moved up to 200, then 320, then 400, then today jumped up to 1500 mmmm

but yeeeaahhh

thats all for tonight