Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Zelda

update!

PRINCESS ZELDA, WHEN LINK MEETS HER IN HYRULE CASTLE:
    Who?!
    Who are you?
    How did you get past the guards?
    Oh? What's that?
    Is that... a fairy?! Then, are you... Are you from the forest? Then...then...you wouldn't happen to have... the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, would you?! That green and shining stone...
    Do you have it?

(Yes)
    Just as I thought!

I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground... The light turned into a figure holding a green and shining stone, followed by a fairy... I know this is a prophecy that someone would come from the forest... Yes, I thought you might be the one...
    Oh, I'm sorry! I got carried away with my story and didn't even properly introduce myself! I am Zelda, Princess of Hyrule. What is your name?
    Link... Strange...it sounds somehow...
    familiar. OK then, Link...
    I'm going to tell you the secret of the Sacred Realm that has been passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule.
    Please keep this a secret from everyone...

(OK)
    The legend goes like this...

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT UPDATE...

------------------------------------------------------

First off, a huge thanks to Riffster of pheatonforums for hooking me up with some picture hosting, It really helps

I got another box in the mail today with more sleeving, 3/4 and 3/8 in
    so I decided, time to work on the psu

I cut off the un-needed wires that wouldnt be used (like the p4 power, etc) and went to town on removing the molex connectors.

here's the before, with only one wire sleeved

and the after, with them all done minus the molex

why aren't the molex's back on?
    wellll...

I decided they'd look better green, so i got a can of krylon fusion and painted away. At the moment, they're still a little wet, so i'm waiting over night before I put them back on.

Since I didnt want to bother taking off the main ATX power plug (although I did try, but gave up because I didn't want to pull out all of those wires if I did succeed haha) I just pulled the sleeving over the connector, and used 2 lock ties instead of heatshrink. Then instead of painting the plastic, I used a green sharpie . I think heatshrink would have made it look a lot better, but theres no way i could get it on unless i removed the connector or cut the wires... ahh well, no biggie.

Thats all for this update, there should be tomarrow night though
    Last edited by DRxAndy; 10-20-2003 at 04:24 PM.

You could put electrical tape on it... might look better, try it out, maybe you will like it.

Looking great!
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra
    s939 Athlon 64 3200+
    Sapphire Radeon x800xl PCI-Express
    1024 MB PC3200 DDR
    Seagate 120 GB SATA HDD
    NEC 16x Dual Layer DVD-RW
    Lian Li PC-60
    Enermax Noisetaker 420w
    Samsung SyncMaster 940BX
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Originally posted by commanderkeen
    You could put electrical tape on it... might look better, try it out, maybe you will like it.
    Hey, you know thats not too bad an idea
    it'd blend in well enough that it probally wouldnt be noticeable
    thanks a lot! i'll try it out and see what it looks like

Continued from last update
    (cut scene of three goddesses and Triforce)
    The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of the gods somewhere in Hyrule.

The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands.

If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity...

If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil...That is what has been told...

So, the ancient Sages built
    the Temple of Time to protect the
    Triforce from evil ones.
    (end cut scene)

That's right... The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend...
    The Ocarina of Time!
    Did you understand well the story I just told you?
    (Yes)

That's great! I forgot to tell you... I was spying through this window just now... The other element from my dream...the dark clouds... I believe they symbolize... that man in there! Will you look through the window at him?
    (Yes)
    Can you see the man with the evil eyes?
    That is Ganondorf, the leader of the Gerudos. They hail from the desert far to the west. Though he swears allegiance to my father, I am sure he is not sincere. The dark clouds that covered Hyrule in my dream... They must symbolize that man!
    (Ganondorf glances over)
    What happened? Did he see you? Don't worry. He doesn't have any idea what we're planning...yet! ........Yes.
    I told my father about my dream... However, he didn't believe it was a prophecy... But...I can sense that man's evil intentions! What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the Triforce of the Sacred Realm. He must have come to Hyrule to obtain it! And, he wants to conquer Hyrule...
    no, the entire world! Link...now, we are the only ones who can protect Hyrule! Please!

(OK)
    Thank you!

I...I am afraid... I have a feeling that man is going to destroy Hyrule. He has such terrifying power! But it's fortunate that you have come...
    We must not let Ganondorf get the Triforce! I will protect the Ocarina of Time with all my power! He shall not have it! You go find the other two Spiritual Stones! Let's get the Triforce before Ganondorf does, and then defeat him! One more thing... Take this letter...I'm sure it will be helpful to you.
    (You received Zelda's Letter! Wow! This letter has Princess Zelda's autograph!)

(talk to her again)
    My attendant will guide you out of the castle. Don't be afraid to talk to her.

--------------------------------------------

Update time,
    I used your idea commanderkeen
    it looks pretty good, but I didnt take any specific pics

This morning I popped the molex's back onto the psu and completed the sleeving, see below

But then I had to go to work
    but why stop modding because of work?

Ooo the magic of AM radio, haha
    Since no one else is around my work, I figured hey why not - brought in the other case panel and went away at sanding (had to vaccumn up alot too haha)

The fruits of my labor

Also, when I got home after work, I decided to put the psu somewhat back together to get a sense of how it would look
    its coming along nicely i think

Thats all for this update, more on the way soon!
    Last edited by DRxAndy; 10-20-2003 at 04:26 PM.

Hey, the electrical tape looks a bit better I must say. Also, I see that you have done a nice job at sanding, what grit are you using???

The sidepanel was done at 40 grit, yes, you read right
    40 haha
    I plan to sand again with 220 then 320, then higher eventually up to 1500

that's looking awesome man! can't wait to see the finished product. and dangit...now you've got me catching that darn modding bug again!!!
    nForce 680i SLI; Core 2 Duo E6700; 2 x 1GB PC2 8500; nVidia 8800GTX
    8RDA+; XP 1700+ @ 2075MHz; 2 x 256MB PC3200; 6 HDDs @ 1.47TB; Radeon 9800Pro
    OC Crusaders Alpha Dir schultz of The Cooler's Guild Sharky's Folding Team - Help Us Out
    Sharky's Extreme 3DMark Team Pyro's 3dmark 01/03 Guide

IMPA, THE FIRST TIME LINK MEETS HER:

I am Impa of the Sheikahs.
    I am responsible for protecting Princess Zelda. Everything is exactly as the Princess foretold. You are a courageous boy...
    You are heading out on a big, new adventure, aren't you?
    My role in the Princess's dream was to teach a melody to the one from the forest. This is an ancient melody passed down by the Royal Family.
    I have played this song for Princess Zelda as a lullaby ever since she was a baby... There is mysterious power in these notes.
    Now listen carefully...
    (whistles through her hands)
    Memorize this song...
    (You've learned Zelda's Lullaby!)
    If the castle soldiers find you, there will be trouble. Let me lead you out of the castle.
    (outside Hyrule Castle Town)
    You brave lad...
    We must protect this beautiful land of Hyrule!
    Take a good look at that mountain. That is Death Mountain, home of the Gorons. They hold the Spiritual Stone of Fire.
    At the foot of Death Mountain you will find my village, Kakariko. That is where I was born and raised. You should talk to some of the villagers there before you go up Death Mountain. The song I just taught you has some mysterious power. Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song. Remember, it will help to prove your connection with the Royal Family. The Princess is waiting for you to return to the castle with the stones. All right. We're counting on you!
    *poof* (she disappears)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Things have been a little busy so I havent been able to mod as much, but today I had some free time

Started off working on the cd-rw's exterior, the only problem i had was the fact that there was a bit of residue left from the sticker originally on it.

but...

Theres always a remedy for that, aka goof off hehe
    Finished sanding then went for the paint.

Looked nice and smooth and even to me

After painting that, I decided "hey, why not, I need to do it sooner or later" and brought out the dremel to smite its foe the evil steel.. but what might I be cutting for?

Preperation for cuttage

ooo its a vfd! haha I got this vfd from Cold Dog a bit back and had been using it with my current case, but outside the box, this time around it will get a proper home. The cut wasnt completely perfect, so all I have to do now is give it a filing and it should look great

That's it for this edition
    More soon!

All I have to say is... WORK FASTER , It's looking good, but I can't piece it together yet, I have some idea of what your doing but I'm just wondering how your going to paint the outside, configure the insides and intergrate everything so it is asthetically beautiful and also functional.

i do it to torment you
    the case will be painted green, i'm looking at a leaf green from krylon, or a something green from rustoleum
    i like rustoleum better, so i'm hoping to go take a look at home depot or lowes or something soon

Originally posted by DRxAndy
    i do it to torment you
    well stop!!!! hehehe...looking awesome. so is it just going to be painted one color on the outside? or are you going to be putting some designs/other colors as well? just curious...
    nForce 680i SLI; Core 2 Duo E6700; 2 x 1GB PC2 8500; nVidia 8800GTX
    8RDA+; XP 1700+ @ 2075MHz; 2 x 256MB PC3200; 6 HDDs @ 1.47TB; Radeon 9800Pro
    OC Crusaders Alpha Dir schultz of The Cooler's Guild Sharky's Folding Team - Help Us Out
    Sharky's Extreme 3DMark Team Pyro's 3dmark 01/03 Guide

Originally posted by schultz
    well stop!!!! hehehe...looking awesome. so is it just going to be painted one color on the outside? or are you going to be putting some designs/other colors as well? just curious...
    He won't answer... that bastage

DARUNIA, WHEN LINK FIRST MEETS HIM:
    What the heck? Who are you?!
    When I heard the song of the Royal Family, I expected their messenger had arrived, but... you're just a little kid!
    Has Darunia, the big boss of the Gorons, really lost so much status to be treated like this by his Sworn Brother, the King?
    Now, I'm REALLY angry! Get out of my face, now!
    Are you asking why I'm in such a bad mood right now?
    Ancient creatures have infested the Dodongo's Cavern! We've had a poor harvest of our special crop, Bomb Flowers! Starvation and hunger because of the rock shortage!
    But... This is a Goron problem! We don't need any help from strangers!

(Play Saria's song)

Heeey!! What a nice tune!
    Just like that, my depression is all gone! Something just came over me! I suddenly wanted to dance like crazy!
    I am Darunia! I'm the big boss of the Gorons! Was there something you wanted to ask me about?
    What? You want the Spiritual Stone of Fire, too?
    The Spiritual Stone of Fire, also known as the Goron's Ruby, is our race's hidden treasure...
    But hold on--I'm not going to give it to you that easily.
    If you want it so badly... Why don't you go destroy the monsters inside of the Dodongo's Cavern and prove you're a real man?
    That way, everybody will be happy again! If you do it, I will give you anything you want, even the Spiritual Stone! I have something for you. I'm not really giving you this in return for anything, but take it anyway.
    If you wear this, even a little fella like you can pick up a Bomb Flower.
    (get Goron's Bracelet)
    Destroy the monsters in the Dodongo's Cavern and become a real man! Then, we can talk about the Spiritual Stone!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update

I've been pretty busy with school lately, among other things, so I havent had much time to keep up with the log daily haha, but here's what i've done in my free time.

Painted the drive tray and faceplate of cd-rw, as well as sleeved a couple fans and painted their molex's

Sunday, I got a couple files and worked on the vfd cutout, it looks much cleaner now as well as 6 cans of paint in preperation (one is missing from the pic though haha). You cant really tell from the picture, but it's rustoleum's hunter green.

I ordered some leds from chi-wing of ebay. The color is the same as the cathodes Muahah, i'll never tell, you'll have to keep an eye out to find out the secret color

More updates planned later this week, hopefully

Taking your time and enjoying the modding. Its really coming together pretty good. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for more PICS. LOL