Very Annoying Monitor Problem

Sharky Forums

Thread: Very Annoying Monitor Problem

Goldfish

Very Annoying Monitor Problem

My Samsung 955df has this VERY annoying and strange problem. It has these lines going up the screen. It is very weird, when I right click on something they will go away for a second - then come back. They look somewhat like heatlines when you see video of the African Savannah. This is my first computer that I've made myself. I have no clue what the problem is, and I hope you can help me fix it.

Thanks

edit: I put my monitor on 1024x768, the only time it does not have lines is at 60Hz.
    Last edited by kaoseffekt; 10-16-2003 at 03:18 PM.

Maybe it's interference of some sort? Move anything that is around it that could cause interference away from it and see if the problem goes away.

Goldfish
    All I have are Some Creative 2.1s, even when I unplug those there is still the flickering. Anyone else have any ideas what the problem is? Do you think that I just got a bad monitor?

Reef Shark
    They could be artefacts being introduced depending on the refresh frequency that you're using. try a different one and see how that goes. Monitors are very personal things - you just have to find the right setting for you.
    Athlon64 X2 4600+ | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | 2GB Kingston DDR400 (3-3-3)
    2x XFX 7800GTX (SLI) | 20.1" GNR TS2000H | 17" AOC LM720
    (4xSATA) 1.2 TB | Pioneer DVD+-RW DL | Pioneer DVD+-RW
    SB Audigy2 Platinum Ex | Logitech X-530 5.1
    Logitech diNovo Bluetooth desktop | ThermalTake Xaser III V2000+, Enermax 600W