I'm hoping someone has an idea here...

I just got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 and installed it on my machine. However, each time the game starts playing, you can hit a few shots and then it either crashes the game, or the whole system causing a total reboot. I thought it must be a driver problem so I updated my video card drivers and sound card drivers. Still, it crashes. Then I made sure DirectX 9.0b was updated. Still, it crashes. Then I defragged the system. Still crashing. So I think there must be some problem with the system that I can't figure out.

However, I take the machine into the shop to show them what happens and of course, as we all know, it doesn't crash at all after 30 minutes. All that was connected at the shop was the power cord, video card to monitor, mouse, and keyboard. So, I think it must be a problem with one of the devices I'm connected to. It's all I can think of.

The problem is not:
-good enough hardware: i have a 1.7gig athlon, 512mb ram, radeon 9200 video card, audigy sound card, and 430w power supply
-overheating: plenty of cooling in my system with a system heat monitor included, heat never gets over 110 degrees F

Any ideas on what could be causing my system to crash?

At home I'm connected to speakers though my Audigy sound card (although the motherboard Asus A7N8X has onboard sound), a printer, mouse, keyboard, viewsonic monitor through my video card, and DSL through the network connection.

If anyone has had a similar experience or any ideas, they'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.