LED Case Fan Flicker

Sharky Forums

Thread: LED Case Fan Flicker

LED Case Fan Flicker

I've been running a Pentium 4 based PC for a few months, and my case has 5 80 mm fans in it, 3 with blue LED's. Recently I changed my motherboard to a Gigabyte 8KNXP and upgraded to a Radeon 9800 video card.

I now notice that all three of my LED fans don't glow as brightly as they used to, and very occasionally one or two of them get back to normal brightness for a second or so before returning to a dimmer state.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't think it's lack of power as I have an Antec 480 watt power supply in my case. One of the fans is connected direct to motherboard, others are using regular molex via adapters that came with them. I don't have any fan speed monitoring set on in the BIOS.

Thanks for any ideas.

Reef Shark
    Fluctuations in the power - why are you bothered?

The new motherboard takes more power from the CPU for a few instants - hence the reduction in light...

It really depends upon what you would rather have the power going to - your LED's or your hard disks...
    Athlon64 X2 4600+ | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | 2GB Kingston DDR400 (3-3-3)
    2x XFX 7800GTX (SLI) | 20.1" GNR TS2000H | 17" AOC LM720
    (4xSATA) 1.2 TB | Pioneer DVD+-RW DL | Pioneer DVD+-RW
    SB Audigy2 Platinum Ex | Logitech X-530 5.1
    Logitech diNovo Bluetooth desktop | ThermalTake Xaser III V2000+, Enermax 600W

I was just curious as to the cause, I did wonder if it was due to something like fluctuations.

Thanks