Tie Fighter 2

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tie Fighter 2

Tie Fighter 2

Man, I wish there was a new Tie Fighter. I would give anything if Lucasarts decided to revive this line. So much potential and the original was so much fun. I know they'd make a killing if they did, especially cross-platform (PC first, of course).

Think I'll install the original again when I get home. Got me feeling all nostalgic now.

Good game. Spent most of my time trying to see how far I could go in that training mission where they keep sending out more fighters after you knock out the first ones.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

Originally posted by Kung_Fu_Fighter
    Good game. Spent most of my time trying to see how far I could go in that training mission where they keep sending out more fighters after you knock out the first ones.
    The first one for the T/F? Yeah definitely. Managed to get through all the waves once on medium...and through to the X-wing set of Dodecs. Currently replaying it, I'm battle 2 mission...4 I think right now, maybe 5.
    My current rig
    Dell Dimension 8200:
    Dell 2000FP
    P4 2.53 Ghz, 1G PC800, 120 GB WDSE, XFX 6600GT (dual DVI!)
    Terratec DMX6Fire LT/Zemo-dded EMU 0404, Altec Lansing ADA 995s/Pimeta+HD580s/A900s
    Win XP Pro/Office Pro
    MX1000/MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro keyboard
    Belkin Universal UPS 1200VA

Ahh...I never really played Tie Fighter...however I played xwingvstiefighter.

That games was HELLA fun...and the graphics were okay.

I would love to see a new game with all kindsa awesomeness of texture and detail and blowing stuff upedness.

Originally posted by Isezumi
    Ahh...I never really played Tie Fighter...however I played xwingvstiefighter.

That games was HELLA fun...and the graphics were okay.

I would love to see a new game with all kindsa awesomeness of texture and detail and blowing stuff upedness.
    TIE Fighter was about 100 times better than XvT. Think of it this way: take XvT, incorporate an awesome plot, and a good 80+ missions...

I'm playing it from a pack that was XvT flight school (partial version of XvT), Xwing, and TIE Fighter, with Xwing and Tie fighter having the graphics of XvT. And I'm loving it. I would, no kidding, pay $200 for a copy of Tie fighter with the latest and greatest graphics.
    My current rig
    Dell Dimension 8200:
    Dell 2000FP
    P4 2.53 Ghz, 1G PC800, 120 GB WDSE, XFX 6600GT (dual DVI!)
    Terratec DMX6Fire LT/Zemo-dded EMU 0404, Altec Lansing ADA 995s/Pimeta+HD580s/A900s
    Win XP Pro/Office Pro
    MX1000/MS Wireless Optical Desktop Pro keyboard
    Belkin Universal UPS 1200VA

Gibson Les Paul Shark RPG Junkie's Avatar
    I would kill if it was like...

Tie Fighter with some elements of Freelancer (here and there), the trading ability of X2 The Threat and the storyline of the original Tie Fighter....

I would be FIRST (I WILL) in line for it. The game must also support like a good 64 person battles and the ability to pilot Carrack Cruisers or Dreadnoughts and other HUGE ships by say other people on your team. This game would own
    Last edited by RPG Junkie; 10-29-2003 at 01:15 AM.

Originally posted by RPG Junkie
    I would kill if it was like...

Tie Fighter with some elements of Freelancer (here and there), the trading ability of X2 The Threat and the storyline of the original Tie Fighter....

I would be FIRST (I WILL) in line for it. The game must also support like a good 64 person battles and the ability to pilot Carrack Cruisers or Dreadnoughts and other HUGE ships by say other people on your team. This game would own
    Yup, with todays graphics cards you could render a super star destroyer, hell even the death star, to scale. Imagine being able to fly towards the death star as it starts out as a little dot then be able to swoop down into one of the trenches.
    Fold for a cure...
    M@dtown Folders
    Team #11354
    Sharky Forums
    Team #34149

Or click to end hunger...

Playing TF and XvT is basically what got me into PCs back then. i recently emailed Lucasarts and pleaded with them to release a new version and definately in the "classic" star wars setting. Who the hell wants a new trilogy flight sim? Hope someone at lucas is listening...

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Heh...I hope you guys have played X-Wing Alliance. That's easily the best Star Wars flight-sim ever made, and although it's kinda dated now, it's still alot of fun and decent-looking.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

For a minute there based on your thread title I thought Lucasarts had announced a sequel to this great game
    The original TF is one of my all time favorite games, in fact I have the collector's CD-ROM sitting here but haven't played it yet. Some of the missions were just pure brilliance and the atmosphere was incredible. One of the best and most immersive games ever.
    Phenom II 550BE . Biostar TA-785G3. 512MB HD4850 . 2 GB DDR3 . WD 250 GB Sata . Razer AC1 . 500W psu. Win 7 Home

Originally posted by Hans Moleman
    Yup, with todays graphics cards you could render a super star destroyer, hell even the death star, to scale. Imagine being able to fly towards the death star as it starts out as a little dot then be able to swoop down into one of the trenches.
    Yeah that would be awesome

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Heh...I hope you guys have played X-Wing Alliance. That's easily the best Star Wars flight-sim ever made, and although it's kinda dated now, it's still alot of fun and decent-looking.

Die evil one,

Tie fighter is the greatest bar none,

Once you get the full tatoo you'll understand

Originally posted by Recon
    Die evil one,

Tie fighter is the greatest bar none,

Once you get the full tatoo you'll understand
    Heh, damnt straight. What was it, Secret Order of the Empire? I can't remember the name of the group.

my comp seems to have probs running my older games...last time I reformatted i couldn't even install xvt. For that reason alone I wish they'd give us something new.

A dx9 version with opposing storylines like TFs would make my year.

The TIE DEFENDER was the win.

TIE Fighter get my vote for best/most fun space sim of star wars.
    Futurama 1999-2003 2008-?
    Bender Quotes
    "I Dont want anyone thinking we're roboseuxals, so if anyone asks, you're my debugger"
    "C'mon, it's just like making love! Y'know...Left, down...Rotate 62 degrees...Engage rotor."