Motherboard recommendations?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Motherboard recommendations?

Expensive Sushi

Motherboard recommendations?

The time has come for me to build a new PC... with a hard drive that's ticking like a time bomb, I figured I might as well upgrade everything while I'm in there.

I've decided on a P4 3.0 800 FSB CPU. At $270, it seems to be right at my sweet spot for the CPU price.

Now I need some recommendations for a good motherboard to run this with. Any suggestions?

The Asus P4C800-E Deluxe is one of the best. It has all the options you could want for connectivity and overclocking. Link
    Last edited by imayoda; 10-30-2003 at 01:04 PM.
    Intel Pentium® 4 2.8Cghz | ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe | 2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT | Audigy Platinum Ex | Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's | Maxtor HD 160GBx2 | Creative Encore 12x DVD | Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±RW | Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen Monitor | Windows XP Pro |

Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem- 9834kbps average
    "Eat My Dust!"

Lamda Dir imayoda of the Cooler's Guild
    Sharkyextreme.com 3DMark Team
    Join The Sharky Forums Folding Team

if you don't want to spend so much, check out the Abit IS7 series. My IS7-E is on its way, was <$95 from newegg.

I have an Abit and 2 Soyo boards, all have been extremely stable. I run .NET server on the Abit, XP Pro workstation on one Soyo and Win2K Pro on the other. They have been up practically 24/7 for over a year with no problems.
    “If my answers frighten you, you should cease asking scary questions.”

ASUS P5WD2 Premium MB w 3.2GHz Pentium 4 |Cosair XMS2 1GB PC2 5400 RAM| Dual WD 160GB SATA HDD|Sony 16x Dual-Layer DVD-RW|MSI NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT