New pc build problems ....

Sharky Forums

Thread: New pc build problems ....

Catfish

New pc build problems ....

Hello .

Ok here is the problem . Just recentley put together a new system or was in the process . Ok I figure first I should run the P.O.S.T to see if my Onboard Video, Ram and my retail CPU are working fine .

Well after hooking everything up . I get no signal at all using onboard video . The cpu fan rotates though . So next I put in a AGP video card . Still no go . By now I'am at my wits end . I dont know what the problem is .

I was going to take out and swap my CPU and Fan and try the new stuff in my old system but my fan latch is so tight I'am having trouble getting it off ( .

Any ideas on what I should do ? I do know the new memory is working fine as I installed it in my old machine and it booted it up fine . But I'am unable to test the new Mobo ( MSI KM4M series , Via KM400 Chipset based ) and the new cpu . Helrrrrrrpppp

what are the specs of this system? which hardware and what power supply?
    Abit IP35 Pro - Core2Duo E8400 - 4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066 - ATI 4850HD
    - 2xRaptor 150GB RAID-0

Dave? Dave?! Dave's not here...

Hmmm if u really think its a good chance it might be the cpu i u would have to take all ur connections apart and take the mobo out and everhyitng out. Then u could take out the cpu. I wouldnt reccommend teaking it out in the case unless u have one of the easy clip snap things that u could like use practically ur hands to take out the heatsink. If u have to use a preetty good force with a screwdriver or something like that you should take it all out so you wont dammage ur mobo or with a slip or something. Hey on my first build over the summer i had to put my computer together 5 times before it finally was perfect. But hey i got my build time to a lot faster than the first since i knew all the parts lol! id check for a lose ide cable or some wire or some card still lose in its slot or even the ram to make sure its put in right. Good luck finding your problem

HI:

Did you set up the ob video in the bios. When you installed your vid card did you disable the onboard video?

Gary
    Computer 1:Asus Crosshair MB / AMD 2-64 5600+ / 3.0 GB Kingston H-X Pc6400 / Zalman 9500 Cooler / Thermaltake Xaser case / HC 12 / 2=WD SATA 120G Raid 1 / 52X CDRom / LiteOn DVD/R-RW/CD-R-RW / PC Power 620 W PSU / Blue Rounded Cables / Blue Fluorescent / Windows XP Pro FV / EVGA 8800oc GTS / SAMSUNG 215 TW LCD / CH F16 FStick / Wireless Explorer / Eclipse Keyboard / Logitech Z 5300 5.1 speakers / SB X-Fi / 8 Fans / Curtis Command Center / CyPower UPS 725VA 400W /

Jesus Saves::

Did you connect both the ATX and ATX12V psu connectors to your mobo? Btw, have you tried resetting the CMOS?
    ~Knight of the OC Crusaders~
    ~Sigma Dir of the Cooler's Guild~

I'm still saving up to build a new rig... While everyone else has already joined the darkside.

Tiger Shark
    Originally posted by sgtgto
    HI:

Did you set up the ob video in the bios. When you installed your vid card did you disable the onboard video?

Gary
    He can't even get it to post, so there's no way he can get into the bios.
    CPU: Athlon T-Bird 1.33 GHZ | Ram: Kingston 512 MB PC 133 | Motherboard: MSI K7T Turbo 2 | Case: Generic | PSU: 350 Watt Enermax | HSF: Speeze CPU Cooler | Case Fan: 80mm Sunon | Hard Drive: Maxtor 40 Gig 7200 RPM & Western Digital 8 Gig 5400 RPM | CD: Lite On 48x24x48x16 DVD/CD-RW | Video: Geforce 4 TI 4200 64 MB | Sound: AC 97 Onboard | NIC: Linksys 10/100 | Floppy: Mitsumi 1.44 MB | Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia | Mouse: Intellimouse 5 Button | Speakers: GE Flat Panel w/ Sub Woofer | Modem: Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem| Monitor: Philips 107S 17" | Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP 2 | Printer: Lexmark Z22 Inkjet | Scanner: Artec e+ 48u | Gamepad: PSX Controller using USB adapter

Tiger Shark
    I had the same problems as you before. One thing I did, which fixed the problem, was switching the ram, and putting it in a different slot. Also, one time when this happened, I switched the hard drive cable and it started posting again! I have no clue why though
    Athlon XP 2500 @ 11 * 215 and 1.65v
    (Aero 7+ HSF: 28-Idle 36-Load)
    Shuttle AN35[N] Ultra 400
    OCZ Enhanced Latency 512MB PC3200 PE
    Corsair XMS3500 512mb v 1.1 ( BH-5!)
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
    * ATI 9800 PRO *
    WD 60 GB
    8xDVD RW /52x cdrw
    Logitech z560's
    XP Pro
    ASPIRE X DREAMER II w/ 6 Coolmaster Blue led fans
    Allied 500w PSU
    NEC LCD1712

Catfish
    Originally posted by ZhaoYun
    Did you connect both the ATX and ATX12V psu connectors to your mobo? Btw, have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Hey I found my problem .. it was exactley what he said . I connected the main ATX connector . What I did not know is there was a second one to connect and that was my prob . Thanks all .