Detailed Klipsch Ultra 5.1 Review Completed

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailed Klipsch Ultra 5.1 Review Completed

Tiger Shark

Thumbs up Detailed Klipsch Ultra 5.1 Review Completed

Just finished up the review. I worked hard on this one folks, hopefully it adresses all of your concerns and questions.
    Now I need someone to put it up and host it...

Anyone? Mark (3dss)wont be able to put it up until after the weekend...
    and Justin (klipsch forum) hasn't gotten back to me yet

email: ed3dfx@hotmail.com

or msn me.

heres my detailed review...

THESE ARE BADA$$ SPEAKERS

"you know the world is going to Hell when your last "honorable" enemies were the Nazis"

Tiger Shark

Exclamation

OK - thanks to Mike Over at the 3dss forums He was able to upload my review:

ENJOY!

http://nike.cecs.csulb.edu/~msisk/ultra/index.htm

Feel free to give positive or negative feedback, all is welcome.
    Last edited by Swerv; 10-31-2003 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks a lot Swerv; I enjoyed reading your review and it was very helpfull. Next: review the Gigaworks!!

I just noticed you're using an A1. I think next thing you should review should be an A2/A2ZS!
    -mark

OC Crusader
    Sigma Dir CrawlingEye of the Cooler's Guild
    SharkyExtreme.com 3D Mark Team

Samsung SM348
    Asus P4S533
    Pentium 4 2.26b
    Samsung pc2700 512MB
    Seagate Barracuda IV 40gig 7200RPM
    ATi Radeon 9700 Pro
    Audigy 2
    Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 XP
    Antec pp412x
    Cambridge Megaworks THX 550
    Sennheiser HD212 Pro
    Sennheiser mx300
    Ultrasone HFI 650 Trackmaster
    Rio Karma

3D Mark 2001SE Compare: 14707
    3D Mark 2003 Compare: 4550

OMFG I HAVE TO GET ONE..AHHHH!!!! ORDERING ORDERING!!!

Tiger Shark
    Hi InnovaZer0: It was not my intention to overhype these for you

I can see I've failed at that - but seriously while they are amazing for the price if you already own the klipsch 5.1s - they are still great speakers in their respect. It just seems that klipsch looked and listened to everyone for the ultras, and tweaked the hell out of it. I hope they last a lot longer than the original 5.1s - thats all I can say.

"CrawlingEye I just noticed you're using an A1. I think next thing you should review should be an A2/A2ZS! "

I know, I know!!! I'll be getting an Audigy 2 zs soon if it stays at its $129 price tag ive found it for here in canada which seems to be really good - thats the retail box too. I'll keep everyone posted

Originally posted by Lemon
    Thanks a lot Swerv; I enjoyed reading your review and it was very helpfull. Next: review the Gigaworks!!
    Ditto! Nice review, Swerv! Makes me wanna get a PM5.1 myself, although I've just bought the Z-640.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Great review! Very professional and detailed.
    Spoiler

Tiger Shark

Cool

I had originally expected them to be better than the pm5.1s especially the subwoofer - people had already mentioned it could go a lot deeper and with more palpability and punch so I already had an idea what to expect...overall though the ultras met and far surpassed my expectations - the satellights are what suprized me most - which was nice.

That review must have been a "labor of love" for you.
    Spoiler

Tiger Shark
    In a way it was.

I know its really long and all but I hope some people got something useful out of it be it the charts or what not.

I've had to return my friends 5.1 set today - I hooked these up to my front entrance and played some spooky halloween music at loud levels and scared the sh1t out of a few trick or treaters, it was pretty funny :P

Come on swerv, we both know you saw this post coming.

Review, heavily opinionated. Why all the bold statements at opinionating that the ULTRAS are so much better than other highend systems? Way too subjective. Concentrated too much on the 'bass' in games. Notice your flight simulator test primarily considered the 'bass.' Come on, this review is obviously geared at people that have tastes very very very similar to yours.

Just posting to return the fire that swerv shot at me a few days ago on a post.

Paraphrasing what you said.
    Ok, I'm ready, flame away.

Tiger Shark
    "Come on swerv, we both know you saw this post coming.

Review, heavily opinionated. Why all the bold statements at opinionating that the ULTRAS are so much better than other highend systems? Way too subjective. Concentrated too much on the 'bass' in games. Notice your flight simulator test primarily considered the 'bass.' Come on, this review is obviously geared at people that have tastes very very very similar to yours.

Just posting to return the fire that swerv shot at me a few days ago on a post.

Paraphrasing what you said.
    Ok, I'm ready, flame away."

It's alright coolqf. I actually respect your opinion if thats how you feel. Its good to get some negative feedback too - in order to improve in the future. However to be honest with you, I don't think I mentioned once in the review that the ultras are "so much better than other highend systems". I was trying to focus on comparing them to the original 5.1s. And I will continue to stand by my point that they are clearly a definate improvement over the 5.1s. Having said that, I did the best job I could trying to make it as detailed ,graphs, charts, pics etc as possible. If you feel there is stuff missing and you want me to mention or go through something I didn't cover in that review feel free to ask.

Again thanks for your feedback - pos or negative.

In your review, you mention that the price is at $399. Is that U.S dollars or Canadian dollars? Since you live in Canada, I am wondering how much did it cost you in canadian dollars?