Is there a way to do this?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Is there a way to do this?

Catfish

Is there a way to do this?

Alright, I'm currently using my college's T1 connection here at the dorms. It is fast, I can play counter-strike, and almost any other game online no problem at all. No packetloss or anything bad like that,with the exception of any game using battle.net. For some reason the path from here to there I lose a LOT of packets when I do a tracert through dos. Is there anyway to connect to a proxy or some kind of in between server so I could go through that instead? I miss playing warcraft 3 =(

Re: Is there a way to do this?

Originally posted by Murder
    I lose a LOT of packets.
    In my School if you study and get two "A" they give you back the lost packets.
    Last edited by cat5e; 11-01-2003 at 07:01 PM.

Great White Shark

Re: Is there a way to do this?

Originally posted by Murder
    Alright, I'm currently using my college's T1 connection here at the dorms. It is fast, I can play counter-strike, and almost any other game online no problem at all. No packetloss or anything bad like that,with the exception of any game using battle.net. For some reason the path from here to there I lose a LOT of packets when I do a tracert through dos. Is there anyway to connect to a proxy or some kind of in between server so I could go through that instead? I miss playing warcraft 3 =(
    Tracert stats are not an indication of real dropped packets. Many routers are configured not to respond to ICMP requests. If you want to see your dropped packet stats open a command window and enter netstat -es.