HOw can I make a bootable linux server cd?

Sharky Forums

Thread: HOw can I make a bootable linux server cd?

Catfish

HOw can I make a bootable linux server cd?

Ok, what I want to do is take a P233MMX machine and put the biggest HDD it will take, but I don't want to use up disk space with linux. All I want to do with this machine is turn on filesharing so that the other machines on my network can send files to it (all the machines will be behind a router w/ firewall). My goal is to make a bootable cd for it and only have it run in command line. Is this possible? What's the best route to take with this project as far as creating the bootable cd so that it'll run filesharing and minimal processes to make the server possible?

Thanks,
    KG
    -------------
    Gigabyte 7xde Motherboard
    AMD 1600+ Athlon XP CPU
    512 meg DDR 2100
    64 meg Trident Video card
    48x CDR burner
    20 gig Seagate
    40 gig Maxtor

i would not recommend doing this. one it will make your server slower. and you wont like how it handles. and if you really wanted to you can make it so linux doesnt take up that much space anyway. just dont install the xwindows, or anything you dont need. just samba and the networking stuff i guess. because you can do everything else via command line. why dont you just get another harddrive and put linux on that and you have the other one for files? that would work just as well. just a thought.
    WHy...why...