16384 bit encryption for SSH is cool.

Sharky Forums

Thread: 16384 bit encryption for SSH is cool.

Great White Shark

Talking 16384 bit encryption for SSH is cool.

Just finished building my key. Thinking about doing another one, but this one took me nearly 5 days to build. It's slow to load, but it's so cool to use.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: 16384 bit encryption for SSH is cool.

Originally posted by James
    Just finished building my key. Thinking about doing another one, but this one took me nearly 5 days to build. It's slow to load, but it's so cool to use.
    So cool in what way? Being a complete waste of time? Encoding something with a key that big is a total waste.

-MrD
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Tiger Shark
    You could send your credit cards number in plain .txt format over the net without worrying!
    .:: Shure E5c :: AT ATH-A900 :: HP+iPod 20gb ::.
    .:: Sager 9860S : 17" WSXGA Glossy Widescreen (1680x1050) : P4 3.6GHZ Prescott : 256MB NVIDIA GeForce GO 6800 : 1024MB 533MHZ DDR2 : 2x 60GB 5400RPM SATA w/ Raid 0 : 8X DVD/24X CD Burner Combo : 8X DVD DL Burner ::.

Houston, TX mostly. Lima, Peru partiallly.

Re: 16384 bit encryption for SSH is cool.

Originally posted by James
    The biggest encryption key I've seen used in a standard format is 4096-bit. You would likely be replacing the server before a password cracker could crack it No need to go over that.

Eric

Originally posted by DAoC
    You could send your credit cards number in plain .txt format over the net without worrying!
    Well, it wouldn't really be plain text if it was in an encrypted shell.

-MrD
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Great White Shark
    Originally posted by DAoC
    I wouldn't advise doing that! One can easily capture and assemble into dialogs all packets transiting a subnet.