Wanted: Matsushita (matshita, panasonic) UJ-840D driver

Sharky Forums

Thread: Wanted: Matsushita (matshita, panasonic) UJ-840D driver

Expensive Sushi

Wanted: Matsushita (matshita, panasonic) UJ-840D driver

Ok, a friends computer, a Sony Vaio laptop (pcg-7a2l) has a maushita dvd burner. The drivers seem to be corrupt, and i cannot find the drivers anywhere. The laptop is brand new, purchased recently and i would love to help her out, but i havent found a single shread about this burner at all.

If anyone can help with a driver, or point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it!

Alex

Sushi
    Hey ALEX,

I really can't help as I am having problems with the drive, but I am curious as to the type of problems your friend is having? I have the same drive on a brand new laptop, and when I try to back up a DVD (using DVD Shrink) it gets to the very end of burning but will never finish...its like it can't finalize the burn process. The Strange thing is if I use a R/W disk it will burn it completely...I thought maybe I had found a way around it and then tried to burn a copy of the R/W disk, but alas I got the same result, and all I do is keep wasting my +R disks.

Expensive Sushi
    The problems she is having is that she cant do anything, cant play dvds, cant burn, the drive is useless. In device manager, the drive is marked with a yellow exclamation mark noting that the drivers seem to be corrupted.

i also unfortunatly have a notebook with the matsushita uj-840d, defently the worst drive by matshita so far. by far the most unreliable, i havnt been able to burn a single disc even with IMAPI disabled using NERO..

drivers for this OEM drive dont even exist in circulation as of as far as i know....

this drive doenst come close to advertised, matSHITa is at it again

I found a thread about this drive in a German forum. Apparently, there is no vendor support for this drive. However, the poster got it to work by using the generic windows driver.

(Control Panel -> Hardware -> select the drive -> choose driver from list -> generic driver)

I can't help you with the exact names of the options since my OS isn't english, but it should be pretty close.
    +++ F.O.R.U.M. I.L.L.U.M.I.N.A.T.I. +++
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvi
    How come you always choose the wrong side, first HD DVD, now Russians.

just burned a cd-r w/ uj-840d

i burned a cd-r a min ago at 8x, a little far from matsushita's advertised 24x....

i will be testing this drive burning a dvd as soon as i can,

i have IMAPI services disabled and i used nero 6.0.6.16 to burn

o ya, good luck ever finding a firmware update for this crapper

Matshita!!

The name says it all, these drives are total garbage. They have absolutely no support. I would go to the notebook manufacturer's web site and check if there are any firmware updates (doubtful).

An exclamation mark in Device Manager suggests a corrupted Registry entry which normally cites an error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41.

Solution.......................

Start your Registry Editor.

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4 D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

If present, delete the UpperFilters

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4 D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

If present, delete the LowerFilters

Quit Registry Editor.

Restart the computer.

NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software.

Otherwise, optical drives do not require drivers other that the cdrom.sys and atapi.sys drivers that are automatically loaded by Windows.

Sushi

Thumbs up

My friend visited this forum (Jose Ramon)

My dvd- Matshira it works Ok

I delete register according to this post
    I actually, to Nero 6.6.0.18

I can play DVD
    and I can burn DVD

Very Thanks to All

Sushi

problem

I have the same problem
    I have sony vaio vgn-fs640/s and uj-840d matshita
    i can read but i cannot burn cds or dvds
    I have upadated firmware but my problem is still here
    can anyone help
    how to disable imapi services ??

Sushi
    please,
    can anyone send me the drivers that actually works,
    I tryed everything but still not working...

please guys

Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesys
    Matshita!!

The name says it all, these drives are total garbage. They have absolutely no support. I would go to the notebook manufacturer's web site and check if there are any firmware updates (doubtful).

An exclamation mark in Device Manager suggests a corrupted Registry entry which normally cites an error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41.

Quit Registry Editor.

Restart the computer.

NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software.

Otherwise, optical drives do not require drivers other that the cdrom.sys and atapi.sys drivers that are automatically loaded by Windows.
    hey thanks nymesis...i been dealing with that $!@#$#% ROM a whole day....your suggestion worked like a dream....i dont know how or why it worked but it did and thats all i needed...thanks again

Sushi
    Deleted lower filters and killed my vaio. :*(
    Wonder what i'm gonna say when i take it into the shop.

Exclamation found matshita oem drivers.... 840d

only problem is that they are hosted at techzilla.info under the dvd/cdrw forum

...not even playin around

Sushi

I Got the fix for problem with the matshita UJ-840D

*****back your data up before doing this as a precautionary measure!!!****

here is a start
    http://www.techzilla.info/viewtopic.php?t=7

techzilla would not let me post at the lik about i have no idea why but here goes.

first i tried this from sharky forum:
    (http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=275046)

Nemesys
    Mako Shark

Matshita!!

Quit Registry Editor.

Restart the computer.

and after nothign happened. I figured i needed to restart, but before i did I downloaded the drivers for the drive listed here http://www.techzilla.info/viewtopic.php?t=7 and installed them I did not try the last post listed on this link.(just realized that now, so may be wrth a try before going my route)

after installing the drivers everything seemed ok until i restarted my computer then my comp got stuck at the windows login screen. and my keys and mouse on my laptop stopped working for some reason(even when i plugged in the usb keyboard and mouse from another computer they didnt work). so i rebooted and this time took windows into safe mode(i believe its hold F5 or F8 as the computer is restarted[friend helped over phone]) once i got to the options(regular windows start, safe mode start, safe mode with networking start, etc) i chose reboot windows with last known good configuration. after i did this all my headaches with this matshita uj-840 drive were gone.Its as if windows realized what was wrong and then fixed i...possibly with the help of the driver I installed.

I can now play dvds with out them jerking/skipping ever 3 seconds, movies are way smother. games are better as well no issues at all ..period.

i hope this halps many people out there on the net.
    much thanks to techzilla for getting the ball rolling.

kene

oh my laptop is a
    compaq presario v2000(bluish black on the outside and gre on the inside, widescreen as well)
    AMD turion 64 ML-37
    512 ddr ram(pc2700)
    ATI radeon express x200

hopefully this helps.