Logitech Wireless Headphones for PC Review

Sharky Forums

Thread: Logitech Wireless Headphones for PC Review

Logitech Wireless Headphones for PC Review

Wires and more wires! Ugh... even tech lover like me hates all the cables that appear from this and that... and when I play a game or listen to music, I always end up getting up or tugging the headphone calbes!

Enter Logitech Wireless Headphones for PC. Yes, I know this was out more than a year ago! But if you recall, the very first price was in the $100s!! I believe it was about $120 or so. Well, I don't have that kind of money lying around! So after a year and browsing Anandtech's FS forum section, I found one for $20! Hee... so here I am.

Install:
    Let me say that first, install process is a nightmare! This must have been a flop to Logitech 'cause it doesn't appear listed in its website! Nor can you download the drivers anywhere. I thought you had to install the software from the CD, which I did and then hook up the bluetooth-USB dongle and after installation, it was up and running.

However, the learning curve is rather steep in figuring out how to work this thing! But after hours of uninstalling and reinstalling, I found out that you don't need to install their stinkin' software! So long as you have Win XP SP2, the drivers are on the OS and install automatically. The USB dongle basically acts as USB sound card device and transmitts sound to the headphone.

Performance:
    Upon full charge, the headphones will run fully for about 3 to 4 hours. Whenever you unplug it or not use it for a while (thus bringing it to sleep/detached mode), you have to re-sync it by pressing the button on the side of the headphones for few seconds till you hear the click.

Sound is a bit bass heavy but decently clean. My hour session of FLAC encoded songs was a bit short of satisfying. But then again, I didn't purchase these headphones for clarity, but for convenience. Even then, the sound is still decent. And it does isolate very well (enough for my kids and my wife to keep asking me questions!) but I'm not young enough to be hip anymore and this back-of-the-head style doesn't really suit me well, let alone, it does hurt my ears after a while. Range is decent at around 20 to 30 ft with obstruction

I haven't tried it in a game yet but will do so later on. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. But being USB based, I can't just plug it in to, say, my video mp3 player, Cowon A2. So I'm on search for that as well... I think its neglected brethren, the Wireless Heaphone for MP3, one that uses a 2.5 mm headphone jack to braodcast sound is by far the best solution. But still...

I give it...

8/10

Pro:
    Good range, works very well (when you figure it out), decent power usage (lasts good 3 to 4 hours)

Con: Nightmare to figure out. Obstruction kills the signal. Too uncomfortable for long usage.

28 views and not a single reply?

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete
    28 views and not a single reply?
    Sorry Pete, was out of town for the weekend. The review looks great, thanks for taking the time to do it!

Out of curiosity, what price do you think they're worth (i.e. how much would you spend before you thought they were no longer a good value)? Also, how do they compare to any other headphones you've heard? Wireless is super cool, but I'm still not sure I trust it.
    Core 2 Duo 6750
    Antec P182
    Abit IP35 Pro
    4 GB DDR2 800 RAM
    Asus Xonar D2
    Panasonic SA-XR55 / Audio Technica ATH-A900

Tiger Shark
    Thanks for the informative review, I wish more people took time out to do these things. Sounds like they are just what you wanted, minus the messy setup.

Candyman, I think these are worth upto about $40 or so... but not really more.
    Even my $40 Sennheiser HD-497 shines much better! And battery does wear out quite well...

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    for $20 that doesn't seem too bad...what music did you listen to?
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

From mae's "The Everglow" to "Fight the Tide" by Sanctus Real.

Btw, I got an MP3 version which is basically the bluetooth dongle plugs into an audio jack. And though it's great, the headphone is cracking at the middle 'cause my head is bigger than it's designed for!! I've had to tape it real tight to make it hold on...