Starcraft to be three games. Not what you think. - Page 4

Sharky Forums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starcraft to be three games. Not what you think.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    How much was Brood War when it was released?
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Whatever, I don't care. Blizzard has always given me great games for the money. The Kool-Aid is good. I'm buying all 3 however it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by drzeaius View Post
    Just because you can't play all 3 race's campaign story? That's just a silly thing to get mad about.
    Mad no, but it's reason enough to be upset if what you really liked about the original was it's variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    They could always add new content for multiplayer. Something like new units, new maps that are dependent on new environment types, etc.
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...ilogy-details/
    -----
    MTV Multiplayer: Have you discussed how the games will connect with each other? Let’s say for some reason I want the Protoss game but I don’t want the Zerg…

Sigaty:
    Well, more than likely — and this is not in stone yet — for the multiplayer portion of the game, if you want the things that get introduced in the second one, the Zerg portion, you’re not going to be able to have… Let’s say we introduce a couple of new units per side in the second one. You would need to buy the expansion ot have those units, that’s the whole point of the expansion or the second part.
    -----
    Also that means that each single player campaign will only be able to use the units that are on the same DVD if they're really willing to make them as fully self contained products.
    Last edited by Lee_T; 10-13-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    Professional lurker

Quote Originally Posted by vertices View Post
    Whatever, I don't care. Blizzard has always given me great games for the money. The Kool-Aid is good. I'm buying all 3 however it turns out.
    I agree. Whatever gets the game out faster is fine by me. Must play. Must play now.