System:
Athlon 64 x2 3800+
2x 1gb Gskill Ram
Jetway 939gt4 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce 8600gt
700W Rocketfish PSU
Creative Soundblaster Live 24bit.
160 gb IDE HD (Old HD so I don't know the make)
Western Digital 320gb SATA HD

Hey I've been having a problem loading Windows XP lately. I had made no software or hardware changes when one day Windows XP would not get past the loading screen with the blue bar. It would move across 20 or so times and just freeze. I had to manually restart and after trying five times or so it never made it past the loading screen. Then I tried running my pc in safe mode off the same HD when the "windows did not start properly" prompt appeared and that worked without a hitch. I tried to system restore, remove my most recent programs, registry cleaning, antivirus, antispyware, and chkdsk, but to no avail. I would also like to add that both my HD's are running windows xp and the IDE HD works everytime. Also RAID drivers are installed (a solution people had to a similar problem). I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my SATA HD with different SATA ports and different SATA power connecters, but I had the same problem.

I deduced that my problem was some sort or virus or corrupted file in windows, so I formatted and reinstalled windows. Everything worked perfectly that night and restarted normally every time. Again it worked the next morning, but the following night I had the same problem with the loading screen. I did a system restore and removed my most recent program and it worked again. And finally this morning it isn't working again. Truly I have no idea what the problem could be. Also I feel like I have exhausted any possible troubleshoot I could think of.

I know this is a lengthy post, but I wanted to give everyone ALL the information I have gathered, especially that one HD boots normally and the other after a clean install does not. Thank you for any suggestions and let me know if there are any other tests I should run or things I should check and I'll get back to you.

Thanks in advance for any comments.