Far Cry 2

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 2

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar

Far Cry 2

out today...who's getting it? I preordered the pc version from gamestop but I haven't gotten that automated call yet...going to check after work
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Sounds good. Let us know if its worth buying.

Still havnt completed far cry. Get stuck on the last bit with all the mutants outside.
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Gamestop sez (the one I visited a couple of hours ago) says it won't be available till Wednesday.

MSI X58 Pro-E Motherboard | i7-920, quad 2.66GHz | ATI 5870 |6 gig DDR3-1333 | Antec 850W | 1.5TB Seagate 7200rpm | LG W2452T
    ---------------------------------
    XBox 360 | PS 3 60 gig | Nintendo DS Lite| Sony PSP | Apple iPad |Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma | Samsung LN32B 640

Quote Originally Posted by Hadsus View Post
    Gamestop sez (the one I visited a couple of hours ago) says it won't be available till Wednesday.
    Yep, it'd be Thursday in my neck of the wood, but that's when it will be available here as well. There an ATi hotfix driver for this game, and I believe nV has released a new driver that would show a marked improvement in FC2 as well.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Reef Shark
    waiting on reviews on this one, map editor looks pretty cool
    i5 / GTX 260 SLI

Kinda wish it wasn't a Farcry game and just something new. A lot of people didn't like the first Far Cry.

I must admit though the game looks pretty cool.
    Pages I liked that I found with StumbleUpon

My System:
    Intel E7200 Wolfdale Dual Core processor @ 3.4 ghz
    BFG Tech ES SERIES ES-800 800W Continuous Power supply
    GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
    4GB Corsair DOMINATOR (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
    22" CHIMEI CMV 221D-NBC Black LCD Monitor
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 video card
    Creative Labs X-fi
    Denon AH-D2000 Headphones w/Headsave Classic V2 Headphone Amp
    Windows 7 x64

I pre-ordered it through gamestop b/c of the extra 3 hours of gameplay with the limited edition.

However now that I bought a PS3 I am debating just renting it since I have the gamepass at blockbuster...really tempting to save the $50 and use my gamepass. What would you do lol?
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5ghz
    Zalman CNPS9900 MAX
    Gigabyte z68ap-d3
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3
    8gb samsung green low profile 1.35v
    Antec High Current Gamer 620watt
    Samsung 840 250gb SSD
    Fractal Design R4 windowed black pearl
    HP 2711x
    SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset, qck mini, G510, G400

Quote Originally Posted by Adaman View Post
    Kinda wish it wasn't a Farcry game and just something new. A lot of people didn't like the first Far Cry.
    Really? Who?

With the exception of perhaps Oblivion, Far Cry is the most widely praised game on Sharky forums - in my experience.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    Really? Who?

With the exception of perhaps Oblivion, Far Cry is the most widely praised game on Sharky forums - in my experience.
    I loved FarCry. Even when I was forced to play it on the lowest settings, I had a blast with it.
    I think a lot of the joy with FarCry around here was also due to the fact that it was never really hyped and took so many people by surprise. The same year, Doom 3 and HL2 were getting more attention than all other games combined. It was so unexpectedly refreshing to have such a good game come out that wasn't hyped all over the place.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    Really? Who?

my far cry experience:
    Code:
       |   point where trigens were introduced       
       |         v
       |    ------
       |   /      \
       |--         \
    fun             \
       |             \
       |              ------- *ah **** it*
       |                
       ---------------------------------------
                      time
    Last edited by PointlesS; 10-21-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    Sounds good. Let us know if its worth buying.

Still havnt completed far cry. Get stuck on the last bit with all the mutants outside.
    I almost got stuck there too when I was a noob

What I did was ignore them and use the jeep to jump over the lava river and drive down a road. There is a save point there and you get met by another enemy jeep. But after that it's only mercs to deal with.

Last time I played that game on Realistic, I killed everything, then jumped over the river so I know it's doable.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    I loved FarCry. Even when I was forced to play it on the lowest settings, I had a blast with it.
    I think a lot of the joy with FarCry around here was also due to the fact that it was never really hyped and took so many people by surprise. The same year, Doom 3 and HL2 were getting more attention than all other games combined. It was so unexpectedly refreshing to have such a good game come out that wasn't hyped all over the place.
    Me to but I lost a lot of faith in the Devs after trying out the Xbox version of far cry.. it was LAME. I didn't even finish the first level.

And I liked Far Cry better then Crysis to, all crysis had was better graphics so I think the Devs are going in the wrong direction and have basically lost it.

But I have to try Far Cry 2 and PC gamer gave it a 94% so I'm hoping for another classic like the first one. (Crysis was not a classic imo, I did like it though)

These Devs think the way to be innovative is to increase the stress on the GPU instead of making good game play.
    Last edited by Freddy part deux; 10-21-2008 at 05:30 PM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    The MP portion looks outstanding, but considering how I hate Gamepad controlled FPS Mp games, I'll be skipping this.

My monies will be going to Fallout 3 and Fable 2.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    The MP portion looks outstanding, but considering how I hate Gamepad controlled FPS Mp games, I'll be skipping this.

My monies will be going to Fallout 3 and Fable 2.
    The PC version is coming out on the 25th.. at least around here.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    FEATURES:

* Fun with Fire: Never-before-seen use and spreading of fire in to kill/flank enemies (amazing flamethrower). Run-and-Gun, Stealth, Sniping - Play Far Cry 2 how you want to play!

* Africa: Beautiful Setting, Intense Action. Unpredictable action set in a beautiful African setting recreated down to each blade of grass. Safari experience. Animals, 4x4 vehicles, and motorcycle to roam the place and discover the ecosystem.

* Technology: Creation of a brand new engine that exceeds the performance of Crytek and Unreal. Fire, Explosions, Destructible Environments, Never before seen AI behaviour.

* Open World and Mission Structure: Over 150 hours of gameplay depending on how you approach the game. Free roaming - go anywhere in the 12 mi2 world including all the ecosystems available in Africa.

-----------------------------------------------
    SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
    * CPU Speed: 2.6GHz
    * CPU Type:
    * Disk Space: 8GB
    * Display: 256MB Video Card
    * Memory (RAM): 1GB
    * Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista, Not Mac Compatible

**Not Mac compatible LOL. This is why I Hate Macs.
    Last edited by Freddy part deux; 10-21-2008 at 05:35 PM.