Corsair Flash Survivor USB

Sharky Forums

Thread: Corsair Flash Survivor USB

Thumbs up Corsair Flash Survivor USB

So I picked up one of these off Amazon for $40. I just got the 8GB version. Let me just say: It's awesome. I actually heard about them from someone here, although I don't remember who.

I've been looking for a good USB storage solution for a while. Most of them are either way to cheaply made, or way to expensive. I wanted something rugged that I could throw in a bag, crush, drop, etc. I'd looked into the IronKey, which does come with its fancy-pants hardware encryption, but I just wanted it because it looked like it had solid build that would crack if I dropped it.

It was hard to tell from the pictures if it was actually solid, or just some cheap thin aluminum shell. I can tell you that it definitely is extremely solid. Very impressed. The rubber parts actually come off, but the construction is superb and solid. I'll definitely be picking up a 32GB model.

Haven't had a good chance to test the speed yet, so I'll be sure to update that as I use it.

They are selling on Amazon right now for $40/8GB, $65/16GB, and $110/32GB. Definitely worth the price consider that SanDisk sells cheap plastic garbage for near the same price in those capacities.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 10-27-2008 at 08:26 PM.

I think it was me who mentioned them from a thread about how huge (storage wise) usb sticks have gotten.

FWIW my Sandisk Titanium is extremely durable (there's videos of them being run over by cars and still working) but I think they're limited in size to maybe 4 or 8gb. Which is too bad since I really love my little 4gb Ti but the stupid little keychain loop broke off long ago so it just freefloats in my pocket.

They make the whole thing out of Ti except the keychain loop and what breaks on it? The loop of course...

Anyways that thing looks huge without anything next to it for sizing.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

That was me that mentioned the Survivor Series.

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=312152

Best one I've ever had. Totally kickass.

Foiled again!
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

I just ordered the 16 gb with the rebate.
    Dell 8300, XP Home, GeForce FX5200, HR MicroDAC audio and Swans M200 MKII
    IBM T60 Thinkpad

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    tempted to grab a 32gb for the hell of it.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I have a 64 gb. First unit died on the first day, not much of a Survivor. The replacement is doing well , at least so far.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit