Revamped Home Theater PC Build and comments (lots of pictures) - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revamped Home Theater PC Build and comments (lots of pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah, 8GB of quality RAM is less than $90. So there is no reason not to do it.

As for temps on the drives, the run in the high 20's, low 30's according to SMART.

The design of the case is such that the airflow is actually pulled past the drives, thus creating a weak, but viable "active" cooling effect.
    Sounds like a solid design I'm liking that case, maybe I'll upgrade mine if I can fit the new case. The height of my old one is a bit smaller and just fits I think.
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Awesome thread but I kind of wish I never clicked on it. I always end wanting to spend more money on toys. What kind of speakers are you using with it?
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by senorgotti View Post
    Awesome thread but I kind of wish I never clicked on it. I always end wanting to spend more money on toys. What kind of speakers are you using with it?
    Well thanks.

I'm using some crappo 5.1 channel surround speakers I inherited from a friend. Sadly, I haven't been able to save up enough to get the ones I want. As a note on audio, I'm so glad to have a new receiver. Setting the HTPC to 5.1 channel out, I get full 5.1 channel sound from my AC3 audio streams, whereas with my old setup I got expanded stereo with no sub channel.

I'm now discovering that a lot of shows have a much more pounding base line than I originally gave them credit for. lol

These are the ones I really want in the near/mid term:
    -----------------------------------------------------

The Epic 80 - 500 7.1 channel Home Theater System from Axiom Audio

My real dream is some Klipsch (always been a fan since they brought out their Promedia series for computer), but those are nearly 3x as expensive as the Axiom's.
    Last edited by James; 11-18-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

magniloquent prick
    if your cpu gets warm i can send you my conroe. such a waste of a slacr in that system.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsostupid View Post
    if your cpu gets warm i can send you my conroe. such a waste of a slacr in that system.
    It get's warm, but not hot. Stock speeds since it's an HTPC, and it runs in the mid-high 40's, sometimes low 50's. I've never heard the CPU fan ramp up.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64