Acer Aspire One Sound Stuttering Issue

Sharky Forums

Thread: Acer Aspire One Sound Stuttering Issue

Hybrid View

Acer Aspire One Sound Stuttering Issue

Hi everyone.
    Just wanted to share my experience and in case another stopped by with same issue. I got the 9" Acer Aspire One about a month ago and everything was fine but one day, the sound just kept stuttering.

Not knowing what was the cause, I started googling around and eventually found out the culprit. DMA... or rather, my HDD (160 GB) went into PIO mode!! Yuck. No wonder sound stuttered...

Anyhow, if you have such issue, the guy here at the following link has a VBS script patch (I have used it and so it's ok) that fixes it.

http://winhlp.com/node/10

Now, no more stuttering sound! Happy computing!

Hey Pete what kind of windows games can you run on the thing? I just saw it at Office Depot and really liked it and it's available on Craigslist for 200 bucks. I know it's not going to be able to run Crysis or anything like that but what about some of the older games like Chessmaster 10 or Galactic Civ? A Win XP Platform for the price of a PSP is a no brainer for me.

What can you run on yours games wise?

Addendum: Here's a good link: Acer Aspire One User Forum.

"Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950." What would be the equivalent desk top PC card?

Seems there are many complaints about the screen cracking. Has anyone heard of those?
    Last edited by Kung_Fu_Fighter; 06-17-2009 at 04:36 PM.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

Sushi

thanks pete!

I had a similar problem with my acer netbook and endured it for almost a year and today coincidentally I came across this and saved me a lot of trouble from dealing with acer service people, so thanx a lot

However no patch is necessary, you can just uninstall your primary IDE channel (Control Panel>Managerial Tools>Computer Management>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>Primary IDE Channel>Driver>Uninstall>yes!).
    It reinstalls itself after 2 reboots and voila! I tried and it worked perfectly on both of my computers..