The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 72

Sharky Forums

Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Been going really JRPG heavy lately for some reason. Started playing Final Fantasy XIII after a 3 year hiatus for whatever reason, started up Tales of Vesperia recently, and have been playing South Park: The Stick of Truth since before I started either of the previous two.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Let me know what you think of FF13: Hallway Adventure. I thought it was okay and I have XIII-2 that I need to play.

I found SP:SoT HILARIOUS. Gameplay is a mix of great and meh. They have a lot of fantastic ideas but with Obsidian reputation for shotty implementation. Expect some game mechanics to not make any sense or be clear. Also, alot the game balancing is broken, and its really easily to steam roll through all the fights about 2 hours into the game.
    Last edited by taggart6; 03-31-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Let me know what you think of FF13: Hallway Adventure. I thought it was okay and I have XIII-2 that I need to play.

I found SP:SoT HILARIOUS. Gameplay is a mix of great and meh. They have a lot of fantastic ideas but with Obsidian reputation for shotty implementation. Expect some game mechanics to not make any sense or be clear. Also, alot the game balancing is broken, and its really easily to steam roll through all the fights about 2 hours into the game.
    When I stopped playing FFXIII years ago it was less than an hour before the point at which the game opens up, so I'm there now. Didn't take too long to remember how the battle system works, though I lost my first battle because I couldn't remember anything and didn't even look at my paradigms beforehand. Nice to be able to pick my own party now. It feels kind of like they were trying to start the game with an FFVII-style "get out of Midgar" moment but in FFXIII it just takes so loooooooooong to get there.

I heard about the SP balancing thing beforehand, so I started the game on the hardest difficulty, which I hear is still not even all that hard. Kind of wanted to go Mage but I heard that was the most OP class so I went with fighter instead. Think I'm just under 2 hours in but I've enjoyed it a lot thus far.

Beat Thief, somewhat enjoyed it once I got over the fact that it was much different than its predecessors. I was ready for it to be over long before it ended.

Now playing Dark Souls 2 and loving it. I like how they kept the core gameplay of the first game but changed the feel slightly. Because more DS games are slated for the near future, I'm slightly worried about the designers' penchant for throwing groups of mobs at you at once... the series is great because of its difficulty via design rather than just increasing the numbers of enemies. This isn't H&S, Diablo-style.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Took a break from Driver and beat CoD BlOps 2. I rather enjoyed the strike missions. The rest of the game was pretty much standard CoD. My son likes it too. He plays the crap out of Zombies though. Checking through my friends list on the leaderboard he has demolished more zombies than just about the lot of you put together. I think I need to rethink what he does with his free time. Ha!

Back to Driver now I suppose.

Didn't realize it had been almost two months since anybody posted in this thread.

Started playing Ace Combat: Infinity (f2p on PS3) and Persona 2: Innocent Sin (english patched image on an emulator) in the last few days. Both seem pretty fun so far but I've only put in maybe an hour on each.
    Last edited by monroeski; 06-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Great White Shark
    I've burned through recently:

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall
    South Park: Stick of Truth

As for what's next, I've never really played Skyrim, Farcry3, or Tomb Raider, despite owning them. Probably should get through at least one triple A title before I go back to my quest to clear the entire universe in SPAZ.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Lately I've been playing Mario Golf World Tour, Mario Kart 8, and Smite. As far as I'm concerned, none of those games can ever be truly "beaten", so I have nothing new to report at this time. ^_^

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Watch Dogs
    8.0/10

+Voyeur the game
    +Night GFX are amazing

-Daytime GFX are terrible
    -Performance issues

Taken on its own without the hype Watch Dogs is a fun game. I hear a lot of people saying they don't like the driving but I don't agree, I think the driving is great. The story is decent enough and it has a lot to do. I would say buy it at <$30. I don't regret buying it for essentially $38, for $60 though, I dunno about all that.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Just beat Gone Home

It's not really a game, but rather an interactive story telling experience. The story aspect is really well done and the spooky atmosphere made me dread what "I thought" the ending was leading too. All in all a pretty solid experience although I would not pay more than a few bucks for this.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Beat Sleeping Dogs. That game was really good, I honestly don't know how that slipped through my radar years ago. Great story, great fighting mechanics. (Hello Watch Dogs, this is geared toward you): THE MAIN CHARACTER ACTUALLY HAD CHARACTER! OMG! Who would have thought that the most important part of the game, the player/main character actually is a character? Not just some dumb mute? Interesting concept isn't it?

Still attempting to play Watch Dogs. I hate myself for buying it. As of now I'm about 15 hours in. It just keeps getting worse. The story sucks and there is nothing cool and new anymore. Just a bunch of blandness. Kind of like how this post is going. That is Watch Dogs. Avoid it like the plague.
    Last edited by Snakespy; 06-30-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Gave up on Ace Combat: Infinity. Fun game while you're playing, but the setup for an online game sucks. You have to wait until all 8 players are in the server and ready to go (no 3 v 4, no joining in once the match is on the way, etc.) so you're often just sitting there waiting a while for an 8th to join, and then everybody has about a minute to select fuel and confirm readiness. Often you'll get down to only 5 seconds on the clock and somebody will drop, making the entire server wait around again. Couple that with only having a supplied fuel cap of 3 (and supplied fuel only regenerates 1 per 4 hours) and it's just a little more frustration than it's worth IMO (though gaining stocked fuel isn't all THAT difficult).

Rapid fire on games I've been playing that I bought recently -

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - didn't actually buy this recently but just started playing recently. There's a lot to like here. Love that from the very beginning both you and your partner have melee and ranged equipment and you can choose to have either specialize in either with equipment, skills, etc. You start getting mobbed pretty early in the game, too. Bit of a difficulty curve you don't see in these games too often (not that it's TOO bad, you just have to pay attention). Love that the partner uses her own healing potions (so long as you keep her inventory stocked) so you don't need to manage healing two characters.

Nidhogg - Pretty fun single player. I bet it's fantastic in local multiplayer but I haven't yet had the opportunity. Have a little bit of trouble lowering my sword with a gamepad; keep rolling or ducking instead.

Broforce - It's like Metal Slug and Super Crate Box had a child. Tons of fun. Probably the most pure fun I've had out of any of these games.

Risk of Rain - Like most roguelikes it gets better as you start figuring out the strategies to use. I feel like some of the characters I've unlocked are clearly bent towards co-op play while I've mostly been playing single player. Pretty fun regardless.

::edit::
    Also still putting a couple of hours into Tales of Vesperia each week. Don't see too many JRPGs these days that can hold my attention outside of the SMT games but I'm liking this one so far.
    Last edited by monroeski; 07-02-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Just beat Brothers: A Tale of 2 Sons

All in all I'm mixed. I game world is very well done and I wanted to know more about it and I could easily see a bunch of spin-off games that touch upon the different magical creatures and locations you encounter. The story is pretty good and pretty touching although it all felt very short. In fact, I beat it in 3 hours or so. My biggest criticism would really be the short length of the game and the Deus Ex moments that really killed the narration. Worth playing but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Just Beat Broken Age: Act 1

Well written game with some nice visuals and interesting plot. It's surprisingly short and the puzzles felt very basic. I'm actually a little disappointed by how easy the first act was and how quickly i got through it. I don;t regret playing it, but I finished the game feeling empty and unfulfilled.

For Act 2 I'd like to see the characters fleshed out a little more, more intricate puzzles, and more content.

I'd recommend picking it up on the cheap since the game is so short and easy. Otherwise, wait till its finished and pick it up as a bundle.
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Watch Dogs
    8.0/10

+Voyeur the game
    +Night GFX are amazing

-Daytime GFX are terrible
    -Performance issues

Taken on its own without the hype Watch Dogs is a fun game. I hear a lot of people saying they don't like the driving but I don't agree, I think the driving is great. The story is decent enough and it has a lot to do. I would say buy it at <$30. I don't regret buying it for essentially $38, for $60 though, I dunno about all that.
    Are you giving the graphics an 8/10? Because I beat the game recently with my brother and we barely made it to the end. The writing was some of the worse I have ever experienced. For a story driven game, I'd give it a terrible rating on the writing alone. Atrocious. It was high school level stuff and very prejudiced. Using stereotypes and such can be completely acceptable and entertaining when the tone is comedic like in GTA, but Watch Dogs was written in a serious tone but still used the most base stereotypes to the point where the writers came off as very ignorant.

Setting the story aside, the missions were incredibly boring with a police chase between each. The police chases were repetitive and uninspired. My biggest complaint other than the story was the heavy use of a gun all the time on people that had nothing to do with the story other than being a random security guard working a minimum wage job. Shooting random guys on the streets because I need some data made me really hate Aiden. Aiden is supposed to be this incredible hacker, but all I seemed to do is shoot guys and press X when prompted so he can point his smart phone at something for it to blow up. Aiden seemed more like a script kiddy with a lot of hAcK3r apps on his phone rather than a real hacker

I could probably write an entire essay on why Watch Dogs was a terrible game, but nah. At least I was able to sell it for $45 on eBay.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead