The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 73

Sharky Forums

Page 73 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Just beat Gone Home

It's not really a game, but rather an interactive story telling experience. The story aspect is really well done and the spooky atmosphere made me dread what "I thought" the ending was leading too. All in all a pretty solid experience although I would not pay more than a few bucks for this.
    People have gotten hung up on the game vs something else thing (not directed at you at all.) It doesn't have any game mechanics, but writing game is faster than experience or interactive story I loved Gone Home. Finally a game that completely immersed me in a world for several hours without having to trudge through levels shooting dudes. It was a great palette cleanser between other games and actually made me think about the characters and speculate on the ending. I found myself really connecting to the main character and hear sister even though I never saw them. Incredible writing.

Just beat Brothers: A Tale of 2 Sons

All in all I'm mixed. I game world is very well done and I wanted to know more about it and I could easily see a bunch of spin-off games that touch upon the different magical creatures and locations you encounter. The story is pretty good and pretty touching although it all felt very short. In fact, I beat it in 3 hours or so. My biggest criticism would really be the short length of the game and the Deus Ex moments that really killed the narration. Worth playing but I wouldn't pay full price for it.
    I agree with you on this. Very mixed experience that ended up swinging toward a negative feeling as I played. Even after several hours I had trouble moving the bros around. I had read that the graphics and mood were great, but I couldn't connect with the bros or the story. I even have a little brother myself and we are really close, but still couldn't connect with the game. I think they tried to create a beautiful world and a touching story, but 90% of the game was rotating levers and riding on something.

Just Beat Broken Age: Act 1

Well written game with some nice visuals and interesting plot. It's surprisingly short and the puzzles felt very basic. I'm actually a little disappointed by how easy the first act was and how quickly i got through it. I don;t regret playing it, but I finished the game feeling empty and unfulfilled.

For Act 2 I'd like to see the characters fleshed out a little more, more intricate puzzles, and more content.

I'd recommend picking it up on the cheap since the game is so short and easy. Otherwise, wait till its finished and pick it up as a bundle.
    I agree that the game was really short, easy, and didn't leave me feeling too much at the end. I think it was a good first Act, but to end so abruptly hurt the pacing. I'd completely recommend not playing it until they release the entire thing.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I agree with you on this. Very mixed experience that ended up swinging toward a negative feeling as I played. Even after several hours I had trouble moving the bros around. I had read that the graphics and mood were great, but I couldn't connect with the bros or the story. I even have a little brother myself and we are really close, but still couldn't connect with the game. I think they tried to create a beautiful world and a touching story, but 90% of the game was rotating levers and riding on something.
    I was done with Brothers after 2 hours. The controls were frustrating to me and the actual gameplay was so simplistic and repetitive that I just couldn't go on.

Gone Home on the other hand, fantastic game. I loved that one.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 07-06-2014 at 05:11 PM.

I "finished" State of Decay. As in I made it to the end of vanilla SoD and now I'm goofing off in the sandbox exploring the map and trying to open up all the buildings.

Story: Well stuff happened and now you have a hidden zombie factory somewhere pumping out thousands of the beasties for you to kill. Thats it. There is a little back story concerning the survivors, but the game is all about surviving and not finding out what happened.

The ending is a serious Wilco Tango Foxtrot and is very much a "continued next episode" deal. I asked at the forums and Breakdown is just a wave survival mode of the vanilla game and Life Line does fill in a lot of the story's blanks but happens at the same time as vanilla SOD, just in another location. So I hope they do release a SoD - 2 soon. I will buy it when they do.

Combat: Its fun, but becomes a bit of a drag after a while. Trying out different weapons is cool and there is a ton of them. Feral Zombies are scary and you'll find yourself doing the fast mouse roll trying to locate them before they jump on you.

Graphics: Not the best out there but with it set to Ultra, its not too bad at all. Here is a link to some screenshots I made, all and all its a good looking game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wurm65/.../?appid=241540

Sound: Well done, I really like the title music.

Replay value: Well it depends on the person. I'm still goofing around 3 days after finishing the main mission so I can't tell you how you will play the game.

BIG PLUS! The game does support the modding community and there is a SoD nexus, which I love!

I do plan on tackling the two DLCs in the very near future and will update this thread when I do.

7/10 stars. Well worth your money if you like shooting zombies in the face
    Last edited by Wurm; 07-07-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    War... War never changes.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I really wanted state of decay to have a Mp option. IS there a mod for that?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Nope. Co-op would have been cool, but there are enough of those games already out there.
    Last edited by Wurm; 07-07-2014 at 02:32 PM.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    So, I just started Divinity: Original Sin yesterday. Nine hours later and good lord this game is no joke, seems like it will be a lot of fun. I wouldn't doubt if this is a 100+ hour game.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Been hearing solid things about Original Sin. However, it also sounds like its being patched alot since release.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I want it. And ATM it all that one of my friends is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    I want it. And ATM it all that one of my friends is playing.
    The more I hear about Original Sin the more I want it. You can play co-op, and the have multiple in game dialogue options depending on how you and partner want to proceed. The discussion will affect the outcome of the Quest and alter your stats accordingly. Sounds pretty impressive

You can also combine abilities to add additional effects similar to how Magika works. For example, the warrior character can throw a barrel of oil at a baddie and soak them. you can then have your ranger shoot a flaming arrow or your mage a fireball to ignite the oil. Apparently there are bunch of these ability combos built into the game.

Steam as a combo deal for anyone interested. Two copies of the game, two copies of the expansion pack, and the original divinity games all for 70 bucks. You save 5 bucks and get the extra content and games also. Anyone up for doing it?
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-09-2014 at 03:05 PM.

The environment is the deadliest spell in the game. As a wizard if you can bait your opponents into water or oil they get wrecked. I just got done playing local-coop and it is a lot of fun that way as well. As I get more comfortable with the game the more I like it.
    -Oscar Wilde

Great White Shark
    Went through playing Recettear again, still haven't "finished" it, but I think I'm done with it for now.

Started playing through Titan Quest again. I'm trying to play through it "stock", without adjusting the drop rates. Not sure if they ever fixed that issue or not.

On Android, I've been playing Dr. Who Legacy, and Plague, Inc.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Great White Shark
    Steam as a combo deal for anyone interested. Two copies of the game, two copies of the expansion pack, and the original divinity games all for 70 bucks. You save 5 bucks and get the extra content and games also. Anyone up for doing it?
    I'm down. Send me a PM with details on how to get you money.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

At $35 a piece it is a no brainer. I did the $70 version myself, couldn't have been easier.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm down. Send me a PM with details on how to get you money.
    You got PM!

Great White Shark
    You got PM!
    As do you.