The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 65

Sharky Forums

Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat Gunpint.

A fun little indie game with some really unique and fun game mechanics. I really enjoyed the setup but I did find the game to be really easy and short. The game has some replay value but I was A+ nearly everything and what I didn't I'm not very interested in going back to. Some new gadgets would help draw me back in.

I'd recommend it to people who have fond memories of playing Elevator Action.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Just beat Nier

Nier is not a well done game. It's sloppy execution with a lot of design missteps and issues. Traveling is a pain in the ***, side-missions are needlessly long fetch quests, and way too much focus is put on grinding. Its pretty basic in terms of layout and you even have to revisit all the locations twice. The game offer a variety of weapons and magic, but you'll find yourself sticking to 1 weapon and 2 magic skills for most of the game while spamming the same (but fairly enjoyable) combat combos over and over and over again. Don't even get me started on what is perhaps the most asinine gardening mechanic in the history of video game gardening. So much of this game is needlessly complicated and best avoided if possible.

What Nier does have is solid characterizations and a fascinating story. Sure, the overall plot gets kinda loopy towards the end, but dear lord does it draw you in and make you feel for the characters. Its Nier's saving grace and the biggest reason why I actually liked this sloppy mess. Its a fun ride that really pays off you play through the different endings and aren't bummed out by not terribly happy endings. I can't say much with out giving anything away, but prepared for a really great but utterly depressing roller coaster ride. Just make sure to skip the side missions which is a personal hell all its own.

I'd recommend this game to any one that enjoys grindy Japanese RPGs and fans of 1980's The Cure.
    Last edited by taggart6; 08-06-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Finished up LOTR: War in the North last night. Pretty good game. Picked up a couple of copies so my son and I could co-op it. Not bad at all. Each character (mage, fighter, and ranger) have ranged and melee attacks and of course various skills. Story line runs concurrently with the LOTR story, but doesn't take near as long. Co op is fun. If you can pick it up for $10 or so, go for it.

Going to finish up Torchlight II next. Got a new comp a few weeks back and got in on the steam sale. Great game for $5! My son has been playing a ton of TF2....I don't care for it. Still prefer TFC.

Finished Risen 2 (+ all DLC). I had a really good time with it, thought the end was very anti-climatic. That was my only big beef with the game.
    War... War never changes.

Great White Shark
    Played through to the end of the first campaign in Shadowrun Returns. Now I want more. In the meantime I'm killing time with Puzzle Quest 2, Puzzle Agent 1&2, and random stuff. I also started playing with the level editor, but while the level I created loaded in the test environment, I couldn't use it after publishing it locally.

Anyway, fun game, worth the money, onto the next thing!

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

How many hours for Shadowrun?
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by SewerUrchin View Post
    How many hours for Shadowrun?
    Total around 16 hours so far.

"Dead Man's Switch" campaign (the one included with the purchase) : ~12-14 hours.
    "Reboot of SNES Shadowrun" Fan content:~ 2 hours

Next official campaign "Berlin" should be another 12-14 hours.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Good to know. I made it about 6 iirc before getting off track with work taking my gaming time...
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Total around 16 hours so far.

"Dead Man's Switch" campaign (the one included with the purchase) : ~12-14 hours.
    "Reboot of SNES Shadowrun" Fan content:~ 2 hours

Next official campaign "Berlin" should be another 12-14 hours.

What class did you go? I went Decker and I'm having a rough time. I can't hit anything with my gun.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    What class did you go? I went Decker and I'm having a rough time. I can't hit anything with my gun.
    Original playthrough was Troll unaligned, but eventually I went decker. I had put about 4-5 points in rifle, so I stuck with that and only that. (Quickness -> Ranged combat -> Rifle = 45 karma points just to get to that point for one weapon! )

I was a so-so decker, and a so-so fighter, I found that Coyote + another street sam made all the difference in surviving runs later on. (I could hold my own, but didn't deal nearly as much damage as people with shotguns)
    Last edited by James; 08-13-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Completed one playthrough of Torchlight II. Solid game; not much different from the first but definitely worth playing. 4/5
    Began playing Skyrim the other night. Soooo many quests and just an engrossing game. Good stuff!

playing through amnesia: dark descent for my second time, the game is still only playable in 30 minute to hour sessions, totally wrecks my nerves and makes my poor heart do the gallop, lovely game

cannot wait to play pigs

Spending time with both Dead Space 3 on the PC and Hitman: Absolution on PS3.

Dead Space 3 is not a good looking game. I really liked the first game, forced myself to finish the 2nd out of principle and feel I'll do the same with the 3rd. One of those games where I shut off my brain and plow through it.

H:A has a completely broken disguise system. Other than that, I love throwing kitchen knives into peoples heads and dumping bodies off cliffs.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Great White Shark
    Recently Finished Puzzle Agent. I picked it up on a steam sale for $1 or so. It's a puzzle game, in the same vein as Professor Layton, etc. It's good. But short. I think total playtime was maybe 4-5 hours. Not bad for $1 though. It's based on a series of books, and has good humor to it (and great accents in it). Will probably play through the 2nd one that I picked up at the same time.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I "finished" Dark Souls. Man that game has its claws in me still. I have sunk around 125ish hours into it and counting. I pretty much just pvp now, if lag doesn't get in the way it is a ton of fun.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png