The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 64

Sharky Forums

Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Skyrim
    8.5/10

+Ran well
    +Engrossing world
    +Engaging side missions

-Combat is absolutely terrible
    -Main story was about as entertaining as ones in FPS's
    -Unmodded UI

Overall, I liked Skyrim a lot more than I expected to. After modding the game it is gorgeous and getting lost in the world is really enjoyable. Not too many bugs but they were present.

Next up, I have no idea.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I wish they could do something to make the combat more interesting in those Elder Scroll Games.

I recently beat:

Bioshock Infinite

Won't talk story, but it is well worth playing if only to experience the story. The environments and ambiance are far above anything that's been done. I'm happy to see a very artistic and visionary designer be given massive amounts of money. The only thing that held it back a bit for me were the FPS elements and some typical FPS mechanical tropes. I understand certain mechanics need to be put in place to have mass appeal. The combat can get tiring and repetitive, but not nearly so compared to practically all other FPS games.

Definitely pick it up before someone spoils the story for you, it was great to experience it fresh without any spoilers.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

I recently beat State of Decay, pretty fun game for 1600 MS points. I'm usually not into zombie survival games, but this one is open-world and incorporates base building, stealth, and RPG elements. There were definitely some flaws in the game, but I had fun overall and it was worth the money. I just wish that it was a longer game, I finished it wanting more. I'm thinking about picking up The Last of Us now, since it seems like a similar game, but without the base building.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    I recently beat State of Decay, pretty fun game for 1600 MS points. I'm usually not into zombie survival games, but this one is open-world and incorporates base building, stealth, and RPG elements. There were definitely some flaws in the game, but I had fun overall and it was worth the money. I just wish that it was a longer game, I finished it wanting more. I'm thinking about picking up The Last of Us now, since it seems like a similar game, but without the base building.
    I'm playing State of Decay right now! I lost so many survivors that it's making me want to restart the game. I will persist!

Just beat The Last of Us. I thought it was a great story (with excellent characterization) marred by some mediocre shooting mechanics. Overall a pretty good game.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Just beat The Last of Us. I thought it was a great story (with excellent characterization) marred by some mediocre shooting mechanics. Overall a pretty good game.
    After uncharted 3, I figure I'll look for a copy when it hits $20 or lower. Played Rogue Legacy which is AMAZING! Waiting for the steam sale to pick it up.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    After uncharted 3, I figure I'll look for a copy when it hits $20 or lower. Played Rogue Legacy which is AMAZING! Waiting for the steam sale to pick it up.
    I saw the Giant Bomb quick look of that and thought it looked fun. It looks hard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I saw the Giant Bomb quick look of that and thought it looked fun. It looks hard too.
    It is very very very very hard.

HOWEVER, each run through you collect money. With that money you can upgrade your castle which in turn upgrades your characters. There is also a black smith to upgrade armor and weapons, and a rune vendor to equip additional abilities and bonuses. Everything you unlock carries over to your next character.

Its fun and addictive.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Finally beat Fallout: New Vegas.

It's a fallout game. It's fun, the humor is as funny as always. I enjoyed it immensely. Some serious issues with the auto-save caused me some early problems and nearly caused me to quit the game. But I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't.

I'm now playing through the DLC for it.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Finally beat Fallout: New Vegas.

It's a fallout game. It's fun, the humor is as funny as always. I enjoyed it immensely. Some serious issues with the auto-save caused me some early problems and nearly caused me to quit the game. But I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't.

I'm now playing through the DLC for it.
    I need to play that game. I liked Fallout 3, but had my fill at the time. I may try to beat that one this winter.

Finished up Borderlands 2 with my son. No DLC yet though. Started another playthrough with same characters. Will probably give it a rest for a while after that, wait for some DLC sales then restart with new characters. Initially I didn't care for it as much as the first game, but I really dig it now. 7.5 or 8/10.

Also just completed Modern Warfare 3. Like all CoD games lately, I think they'll be fun but turn out just meh. So....that's the rating for it...meh.

About a third through Amazing Spider Man; going to finish that up over the next couple of days.

Finished The Last of Us on normal difficulty. I don't think I'll replay it soon to trophy hunt though. Great story marred by some really wonky stealth. Pittsburgh was a bit too long. I think I'll get back to Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3 to get that finished up. Hopefully the Gran Turismo 6 demo goes live soon. I'll probably play that a lot.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Finished The Amazing Spider-Man. Not bad for a superhero game. Not up the the quality of Batman, certainly. Nevertheless, not a bad romp for $10. Swinging thru the city is pretty cool and probably done better than any other spidey game. Combat is fun and rewarding. I think it suffers actually from just a little too much to do. Save citizens, stop robberies, car chases, help infected, and more. Pretty decent story however. 6.5/10.

Just beat Dust: An Elysian tail

Decent little 2d brawler with some really great hand drawn animation. The overall story was pretty basic but a pretty impressive game considering it was from a small indie studio. Overall game mechanics are pretty solid but there a few "rough patches" like with combat which is fast paced but can quickly become messy and hard to follow.

I'd recommend to people who are 2d brawler fans.

Beat: Evoland

I liked the transition from 2D to 3D and the gaining of various abilities and effects along the way. Granted, it was a gimmick, but it seemed fresh enough to me. It was basically Zelda meets Final Fantasy. It was pretty short, but I actually think that worked well for it since it could have become repetitive. Overall, it was definitely worth the discounted price that I paid during the Summer Sale, probably worth a higher retail price than the $10 it is on Steam, and absolutely worth more than the 61 metacritic score it has.

Next: Shadowrun Returns

I have put a little time into it already and am liking what I am seeing so far.
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com