The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 68

Sharky Forums

Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Last game I finished was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I loved it! Easily in my Top 3 Zelda games.

Still working on XCOM: Enemy Within and Super Mario 3D World.

Great White Shark
    Been playing skyrim, FF7 and FF8.

Haven't beaten anything in a long time though.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Expensive Sushi
    FINALLY played Borderlands (the first one). I don't know why I waited so long, just one of those games I never got to as I played others. Even though it's gettin' on in years it's so fantastic! I had no idea. People rave about it but now I really get it. Given the 4 characters with different skill sets I could conceivably play 3 more times and I bet I would remain entertained throughout, I think the game is THAT good.

Next up, Diablo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by 666izhothothot View Post
    FINALLY played Borderlands (the first one). I don't know why I waited so long, just one of those games I never got to as I played others. Even though it's gettin' on in years it's so fantastic! I had no idea. People rave about it but now I really get it. Given the 4 characters with different skill sets I could conceivably play 3 more times and I bet I would remain entertained throughout, I think the game is THAT good.

Next up, Diablo 3!
    2 great games right there! Enjoy!
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I'm really enjoying assassins creed 4. The only gripes I have is that the modern day FPS stuff and over arching plot is stupid and boring. The pirate stuff though is a blast and I really like the detail they put into it.

This penny arcade comic prety much sums it up:

If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Expensive Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    2 great games right there! Enjoy!
    Thanks! If D3 is anything as good as Borderlands I'm going to love it hard and sloppy. I've barely scratched the surface of it and love it already. I played D2 with the Lord of Destruction pack and got my Barb up to level 99 and through Hell difficulty, took freakin' forever but I loved every grinding minute of it!

Played through Skyrim and messed around in Mount&Blade Warband. M&B was a good game, but some of the bugs were game breaking for me. I'm playing through Baldur's Gate for the first time (I know, what took me so long?) and I love it. Next on the list is BG II and the rest of the Infinity Engine games that I never touched.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

I finished Zelda a link between worlds and absolutely loved it from start to finish, I never thought there'd be a follow up to Link to the Past (my favourite of the Zelda games) and not only did we get one but an extremely well developed one. The 3DS seems to be really hitting its stride now with a stream of high quality titles that offer something a bit different, I'm actually looking forward to the Wii U's future more than the Xbox One or PS4 which I'm not finding interesting as there's too much overlap with the PC.

Also finished Space Marine for the second time and enjoyed it more so if anything, there's a lot of obvious issues particularly the very linear path through the environment and the lack of combo's for the close combat weapons but they absolutely nailed the feeling of being a brutally powerful warrior and it's great to see some of the Warhammer technology in action such as the Warlord Titan. The first time through the game I always went for the Thunder Hammer even though it meant sacrificing the two heavy weapon slots as it never got old barging into a group of enemies and pounding them to pieces with the hammer. This time I went for the smaller power axe and used the ranged weapons more and to the game's credit, that works just as well and is just as much fun.

One aspect that I never liked was the choice of Ultramarines in a strange three person squad which isn't the way of their chapter, a small Deathwatch squad would have made far more sense. However I was reading an interesting insight into the game on an interview with the developer when they went over their plans for the sequel, the reason they chose the bland, generic Ultramarines was for that reason - the main character would grow sick of the strict adherence to the Codex Astartes (their rulebook) and strike off on his own. Although Relic were sold to Sega, apparently the Games Workshop license didn't go with them so it doesn't look like that game will ever come to light now.

I did try to play Assassin's Creed 4 but couldn't past the starting sequence where you have to do battle with a horrible enemy called Uplay, I've complained about Steam at times but Steam seems flawless in comparison. Uplay has this odd feature where it downloads at a trickle (60KB/s) yet somehow maxes out my bandwidth and downloads huge amount of data yet the game download barely progresses. There doesn't seem to be any way to transfer the content from one machine to another and Ubisoft technical support are useless so it's looking like this will be an expensive lesson on why never to use Uplay.

John
    Last edited by Johnmcl7; 12-21-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X
    Rocinante - Intel i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, 2.2TB SSD, Alienware M15 R1

Just finished Half-Life 2... yes. It has been on the burner for that long!
    It was awesome! Yes, the game is 9 years old but it still was a blast to play! Very very fun... some jumping challenges tried to kill the joy out of the game but I managed.
    The gravity gun was what made the game! I didn't die endlessly so it was great.

Maybe move on to Ep 1?

Despite the age of HL2, rather depressingly there's still no sign at all of Episode 3 despite Episode 2 being left very open ready for the final part.

John

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X

So Ep. 2 left you hanging then? I want to kill that man at the end so badly!!

Far Cry 3... worse game ending since Drakan Order of Flame.

I loved the game but ugh the ending... playing Blood Dragon now and LOL at the whole idea.
    War... War never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    So Ep. 2 left you hanging then? I want to kill that man at the end so badly!!
    Yes, although I think Episode 2 was better than Episode 1 as it's bit longer and more varied it very feels like a filler to sit between Episode 1 and 3. I don't really understand what's happened with Episode 3 as I've never heard anything about it and never read any articles on games sites or anything about it either. Although some of the hardware Valve have been working on looks interesting, I don't understand why they're not working on their core skill which is software as releasing even just Episode 3 for this Christmas would likely have brought a lot of welcome publicity to Steam.

John

Finished Bioshock Infinite. Great game. Probably, to me, not quite as good as the other two games but worth playing nonetheless. Some nice nods to the previous games in this one. Interesting story, if not a bit convoluted. Seems like the gameplay was a bit simpler without the hacking and I missed that. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to whatever is next in the Bioshock series.

Started Brutal Legend but I'm not sure what this game is trying to be. Talk about a mish-mash of game genres. I like metal, so I'll like the game, it's just strange.....

Beat Guacamelee Gold! a few weeks ago, it was pretty great. Had a lot of fun with it.

Haven't been doing much other finishing of games but I've been playing Megabyte Punch, Valdis Story, The Typing of the Dead: Overkill, and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! and all of them have been pretty good.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker