The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 10

Sharky Forums

Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by Kero-chan View Post
    star ocean looks pretty cool, but i hear it's a grindfest. the same w/ whiteknight
    I really enjoyed Star Ocean and it never felt like a grindfest (I hate MMOs for this reason amongst others). The only time I went on a grind was to foolishly gather the components to try to have the item making achievements until I stopped and started gaming again. The achievements are crazy (they are in most JRPG though), the game is good.
    Professional lurker

Great White Shark
    Amusingly, I've been playing through FF1 again on the Wii VC. If you ever wanted to appreciate all the little things newer JRPG's do better, a quick (or not so quick as the case may be) playthrough of FF1 will give you that appreciation. No multiple buy option, buggy weapons and spells, limited storage capacity for additional weapons and armor, etc. And yet at the same time, it's exactly what I remember it to be, so I shouldn't be too upset, right?

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Amusingly, I've been playing through FF1 again on the Wii VC. If you ever wanted to appreciate all the little things newer JRPG's do better, a quick (or not so quick as the case may be) playthrough of FF1 will give you that appreciation. No multiple buy option, buggy weapons and spells, limited storage capacity for additional weapons and armor, etc. And yet at the same time, it's exactly what I remember it to be, so I shouldn't be too upset, right?

Nostalgia... its a *****!
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Nostalgia... its a *****!
    FFIV-VI are still the best of the series EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Batou's evil twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Citizen View Post
    im a homosexual but i disliike obama for his non-*** policies
    Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    I'm happy for you. Why don't you go pick up a case of AIDS.

I can't seem to beat the first boss in Darksiders to save my life. I think I'm getting too old to handle the 5 buttons at the same time to target/fire/dodge/block/dash.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    I can't seem to beat the first boss in Darksiders to save my life. I think I'm getting too old to handle the 5 buttons at the same time to target/fire/dodge/block/dash.
    Don't say that, the game only has one attack button and a dodge and I think everyone is capable of doing that. There's also a split-second of input lag in the game that makes falling into a pit of doom instead of jumping over it a reality 70% of the time. Also the battles go on far too long for such a shallow combat system. Furthermore, the combat system is terrible.

Which boss are you talking about, the one at the end of the first "dungeon" or the guy at the very beginning of the game before your powers get taken away?

<-- Does not like Darksiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Don't say that, the game only has one attack button and a dodge and I think everyone is capable of doing that. There's also a split-second of input lag in the game that makes falling into a pit of doom instead of jumping over it a reality 70&#37; of the time. Also the battles go on far too long for such a shallow combat system. Furthermore, the combat system is terrible.

Which boss are you talking about, the one at the end of the first "dungeon" or the guy at the very beginning of the game before your powers get taken away?

<-- Does not like Darksiders.
    I mean Tiamat, the first major boss. The one that shoots fireballs and swoops across the screen. As far as I can tell it requires the following things all going on:

1) left trigger held in to keep camera in 'lock on' mode
    2) right analog stick being used to paint targets for crossbow
    3) right trigger being used to fire crossbow
    4) RB+left analog stick being used to quickly dodge all the stuff happening
    5) A button being pressed to jump around shockwaves
    6) X button being pressed to sword attack when possible.

The first 5 are pretty much an absolute necessity, the 6th happening less often. And then there's the fact it's about a 15 min+ battle according to forums. I can't survive more than about 4 minutes so far.

I haven't played action games for a long time. I mostly do RPGs and puzzle games and (poorly played) Madden, so my coordination skills are pretty weak, lol.

Really I was getting into Darksiders a lot, starting to get some cool moves and thrash enemies, and then this boss came along and it's so vastly more difficult than anything else so far that it's really bugging me.

I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult overall, just difficult for me. The boss is pretty slow moving and follows a pattern I just can't seem to get the buttons and movements in sync.
    Last edited by Soul Assassin; 03-22-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

I mean Tiamat, the first major boss. The one that shoots fireballs and swoops across the screen. As far as I can tell it requires the following things all going on:

1) left trigger held in to keep camera in 'lock on' mode
    2) right analog stick being used to paint targets for crossbow
    3) right trigger being used to fire crossbow
    4) RB+left analog stick being used to quickly dodge all the stuff happening
    5) A button being pressed to jump around shockwaves
    6) X button being pressed to sword attack when possible.

The first 5 are pretty much an absolute necessity, the 6th happening less often. And then there's the fact it's about a 15 min+ battle according to forums. I can't survive more than about 4 minutes so far.

I haven't played action games for a long time. I mostly do RPGs and puzzle games and (poorly played) Madden, so my coordination skills are pretty weak, lol.

Really I was getting into Darksiders a lot, starting to get some cool moves and thrash enemies, and then this boss came along and it's so vastly more difficult than anything else so far that it's really bugging me.

I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult overall, just difficult for me. The boss is pretty slow moving and follows a pattern I just can't seem to get the buttons and movements in sync.
    I don't think I even played up to that guy. The last item I got was the boomerang.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I don't think I even played up to that guy. The last item I got was the boomerang.
    Yeah that's what I called the crossbow, lol I don't know the real name. Tiamat is the boss you have to fight with the boomerang, it's probably an hour or so after you get that.

Threads I've read about it seem to indicate that after you get past him the rest of the game is moderately easy until you get to the final bosses, but who knows. I'll probably give it another try in a little bit.

Yeah that's what I called the crossbow, lol I don't know the real name. Tiamat is the boss you have to fight with the boomerang, it's probably an hour or so after you get that.

Threads I've read about it seem to indicate that after you get past him the rest of the game is moderately easy until you get to the final bosses, but who knows. I'll probably give it another try in a little bit.
    Ah, big flying bastard? Yeah, she gave me some trouble until I just held back and started attacking conservatively with the boomerang, charging in for the slashy-slash when she went down then running back to rinse and repeat.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Dragon Age Origins: Awakening

9/10

+Awesome
    +More of the great Dragon Age formula
    +Art style
    +Runs great
    +New companions

-Random slowdowns
    -A few CTD's, save often
    -Uneven difficulty
    -1/4th the length but 2/3rd's the price of the original

I went into this game not really expecting much out of it, I had heard it wasn't that great but figured with as much as I enjoyed the original I would probably like this one. I ended up loving it and getting very attached to the characters (again). It does have its fair share of bugs but only related to CTD's ( just use F5 very liberally ). I only knock a point off cause it likes crashing and the boss fights are leagues ahead in difficulty vs. the normal fights.

If you enjoyed the first one you will enjoy the expansion as long as you remember that it is just an expansion, there are a few new skills and a new land mass to explore. This is the same Dragon Age formula you played 5 months ago and it is still awesome.

Recommended purchase point $30
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 03-27-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Expensive Sushi
    Command and Conquer 4. Worst. C&C. Game. Ever. In truth, I didn't actually beat it. I got through most of it and just can't bring myself to finish it, so though I didn't beat it I'm considering it done. I won't sit through another minute of it.

Now I'm playing the R.U.S.E. public beta. It's a whole lot better than I could have guessed it would be. In concept it sounded neat, but it also sounded as if about a million things could kill it. But I'm loving it, it's great. I was interested but unsure when I first started hearing about the game, but after messing with the beta I'm getting it on launch day.

Great White Shark
    Just finished up FF1 on Wii-VC. Started FF2 (IV) on the Wii-VC, and I also picked up and started Perfect Dark HD on the Xbox 360.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Sort of "finished" NCAA Basketball 2010 on the 360.

Played through three complete seasons. First year as coach of DePaul, made the tourney, eliminated in the first round.
    Next year I took the head coach job at Maryland. Made it to the second round.
    Third year I made it all the way to the National Championship game as a #2, only to be trounced by Alabama by 16.

I'm probably done playing through dynasty mode, at least for awhile, so I consider it "finished".
    I'll probably get back into Forza 3 now.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

I finished Assassins Creed and then Assassins Creed 2 and now I'm playing Bully Scholarship Edition since it's the closest game I could find in style to AC. Prototype is lame before anyone recommends it.

I tried to get into Batman Arkham Asylum and it's just too slow moving.

I'm also thinking of trying the game "Mini Ninjas"... has anybody played it? It looks kind of fun.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.