The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 12

Sharky Forums

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Just beat Bioshock 2 on the PC last night.

Overall, I loved it. The original was easily one of, if not my favorite games of 2007, and one of my favorite shooters of the decade.
    The atmosphere is quite simply mesmerizing, and is easily the star of the show.

I really enjoyed all of Bioshock 2, if not quite as much as the original, if only because the atmosphere and world isn't as fresh and novel, and a few things seem a bit dated. I also have a few technical quibbles, with some inexplicable slow-down and long load/save times.
    Gameplay-wise though, I appreciated many of the changes. Dual weapon/plasmid wield, new, innovative weapons, excellent new enemies, etc.

I didn't quite enjoy the story and characters quite as much as the orignal, although I realize that's entirely subjective. Still excellent, but not quite as memorable I felt as the original game.

Still, one of the best games I've played this year, and another fascinating trip through Rapture.
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 05-19-2010 at 06:51 AM.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Great White Shark
    I've put aside Borderlands for now, and I'm playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube. My save got corrupted on my 1019 card, so I had to go back to a save that was about 70+ hours behind where I was on the save that was destroyed. I've managed to catch up to where I was in less than 30 hours though. Why am I playing this again? I'm obsessed with completion of course.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Haven't actually completed a game in a while... currently playing Monster Hunter 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Patchwork Heroes and thinking of finishing up Spliter Cell Conviction at some point.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 05-19-2010 at 01:32 PM.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I'm having a hard time finishing FF13 right now, I'm 28 hours in and just got to chap 11 (out of 13) and I think I'm gonna put it down for awhile and play Alan Wake and Red Dead then come back to it.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just Beat Brutal Legend. Meh game that wasn't more then the $10 I paid for it. The RTS portion sucks and the story is not up to par with a Tim Schafer game.

Still on Monster Hunter 3, Fable 2, and what ever my DS has at at the moment.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Hmmmm... Currently playing Front Mission for DS. Also some random games like Drunken Paladin made by someone with RPGmaker VX. It is actually pretty good, and hilarious. I would recommend it if you like the older SNES style games and enjoy a few laughs. It makes fun of a lot of the serious RPG plot lines and cliches.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Hammerhead Shark
    Looking forward to Alpha Protocol (early birthday present), although I may dump my Best Buy gift cards on RDR if I keep hearing good things about it.
    Current Rig: Q6600 @2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9700 | 6 GB Corsair XM2 DDR2 RAM @ 736 MHz | 2 x 150 GB Raptors Raid 0 | Asus Dark Knight 4870 512 MB | Gigabyte EP45-U3DL Motherboard | ASUS VW266H Panel | Lian Li PC-V1200Bplus

XBL Gamertag: Recursivity
    http://xclite.net

Now Playing: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2

Supreme Commander 2 for me. I just can't get enough. Screw the naysayers, this game is awesome. I've logged ~140 hours already playing it. The multiplayer is fantastic IMO. More please.

Just finished New Super Mario Bros. Wii last night.

It took me a little time to warm up to, but I really loved it from nearly start to finish.

I finished the DS version not long ago, and enjoyed it greatly as well, but I really enjoyed the Wii game far more.
    Very balanced, colorful, fun, addicting gameplay. Great 2D visuals, wonderful nostalgic nods to all the previous 2D Mario games. Music and sound was also pleasing and appropriately "Mario-esque"

Overall, great game that finally gave me a real excuse to play the Wii.

9.0 out of 10

Next up will likely be Super Mario Galaxy. Hopefully it will capture my attention better this time than the last time I tried to get into it. But I plan to give it a fair shot.

Also plan on getting back into and finishing Deus Ex, and a number of classic SNES game (mostly RPGs) I never played or got a chance to finish as a kid.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Also plan on getting back into and finishing Deus Ex, and a number of classic SNES game (mostly RPGs) I never played or got a chance to finish as a kid.
    Which SNES games?

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Which SNES games?
    Right now, I'm thinking mostly RPGs.

Secret of Mana (which I never finished, but feel like I should), Terranigma (never released here, but love Enix RPGs), Lufia and Lufia II (heard good things), and Secret of Evermore.

I probably won't get through all of them, but I'd like to get through at least three of them or so.
    Current System

The Witcher

9/10

+Mature storyline, well written.
    +Believable NPC's.
    +Moral dilemmas.
    +Long (30-70 hours)
    +Innovative battle system.
    +GFX very immersive, does not look like a 3 year old game.
    +Last 1/3rd of the game is some of the best gaming I've ever played.

-Even with todays hardware certain parts run terrible (Chapter 3)
    -Controls are a touch clunky
    -Alchemy is confusing
    -Chapter 2 is very close to boring

If you like RPG's then you need to play this game, If you are sick of RPG's with spikey haired whiny protagonists also then you need to doubly get this game. The story I guess is closer to Dragon Age in tone than anything else I've played ( and I loved me some Dragon Age ) and it couldn't be better because of it. Everything about this game is fun and engrossing, I honestly don't have much bad to say about it and nothing that it doesn't do extremely well gets in the way. So basically purchase it.

I would buy this for anything under $45. It is $19.99 on Steam right now and at that price it is a hell of a steal.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 07-25-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    -Oscar Wilde

Crackdown 2

6/10

+Mindless fun
    +Orb hunting

-Same game as original if not worse
    -Terrible story/objectives
    -Melee combat is bad
    -GFX
    -Climbing buildings can be very frustrating

Okay, I loved and I mean LOVED the first crackdown. It had so much personality and was mindless fun just running around annihilating everything you ran across. It also had a fairly decent story and a sense of progression. Well, Crackdown 2 has no story whatsoever. The mindless fun is still there but it isn't nearly as fresh this time around. This has to be the biggest disappointment of a game that I've been subjected to in a very long time. I do not recommend buying this game, it would be a decent rental though.

Recommended purchase point $10
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 07-25-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    -Oscar Wilde

FFX

+In-combat party change
    +In-combat gear switch
    +Unique leveling system
    +Insane amount of game content
    +Basically a free game
    +Good ending
    +Pixellated boobs

-Pixellated boobs
    -Nonsense plot
    -Way too easy
    -Bad graphics
    -Game is just weird

7/10

-Cheesy

If you missed FFX, you're not really missing much. But if you like FF games then you won't regret playing it.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.87 GHz
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560
    G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666
    (4096MB x2 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V)
    ASRock 870 Extreme 3
    Plextor M5S SSD
    Windows 7 x64 Compaq edition
    Viewsonic VX2233WM

Last game I'd beaten was Bioshock 2 (took me a damn long time as I was always too busy/tired) and BC2 (yet again). As of late, I've not been in the mood to play much, too pooped after work, but had gotten Singularity and I'm quite a few levels in, not a bad FPS actually.
    Last edited by mikeysg; 07-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro