The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 13

Sharky Forums

Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Last game I beat was Limbo, I suppose! Now playing DeathSmiles. Lots and lots of DeathSmiles. This game is an absolute must-have for any SHMUP fan.

Great White Shark
    Finished Deathspank last. Now playing FF13.

I enjoyed Deathspank. It's short, but awesome.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Since Steam has had such great sales recently, it seems everyone is playing the same games.

I recently finished two;

Bioshock 2 - 8/10

I wasn't a huge fan of the original. It was alright, but I didn't think they fleshed it out well. With BS2 though, I think they really improved on things. One of the things in BS1 which I detested was the idea that the splicers were basically mindless fiends that attacked without provocation or reason. This aspect was better done, at least better explained in the second outing. I found it a really good game.

Mass Effect 9/10

I didn't expect to like Mass Effect. I tried to get into KOTAR and never could, it just didn't hold my attention. Plus the combat was really pretty lousy. I never bothered with KOTAR 2. This coupled with me viewing ME as being a console game left pretty low expectations for me.

I was completely wrong on all counts. Mass Effect was a masterpiece. It was expertly crafted and wonderfully executed. Sure, the story was ripped off from Babylon 5, but it didn't matter because it was that well told. The combat was remarkably good for an adventure game, decent if not really great squad tactics and reasonably smart opponents. The vehicle was a blast to drive with really great physics, particularly in low grav settings. Even though the story was linear, Bioware did an amazing job of creating an illusion of openness.

I hope Steam puts ME2 on sale soon.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Expensive Sushi
    Me i have thing with commandos series... Just finish it III (the tenth time). Now I'm playing diablo... but i'm thinking to re-play Desperados.. Why now are not produced anymore this kind of games.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    FFX

+In-combat party change
    +In-combat gear switch
    +Unique leveling system
    +Insane amount of game content
    +Basically a free game
    +Good ending
    +Pixellated boobs

-Pixellated boobs
    -Nonsense plot
    -Way too easy
    -Bad graphics
    -Game is just weird

7/10

-Cheesy

If you missed FFX, you're not really missing much. But if you like FF games then you won't regret playing it.
    Those were almost my exact thoughts (and personal score) of FF X as well.

Good game, had a lot of potential, but also a lot of shortcomings I thought that kept it out of the discussion of one of the best in the series.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

I just starting playing Infinite Undiscovery. About 2 hours in and I really think it's the weakest jrpg I've ever played in my life. The controls are horrendous and I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that they didn't add vocals to like half the scenes, despite showing characters talking. Just subtitles. Which is just weird, since the cutscenes all have vocals.

edit: Oh and I finished Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands about 2 weeks ago. I finished it in 6 hours. I didn't even realize I had beat the game until the credits rolled. The game should've cost $20 on XBLA for how stupidly short, pointless and repetitive it was.
    Last edited by MrDigital; 07-30-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

-I like the new investigation portion, but the ending felt very drawn out and overdone. Way to many deus ex machina plot twists for my taste. Worth playing if your fan of the Phoenix Wright series.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Crackdown 2

6/10

+Mindless fun
    +Orb hunting

-Same game as original if not worse
    -Terrible story/objectives
    -Melee combat is bad
    -GFX
    -Climbing buildings can be very frustrating

Okay, I loved and I mean LOVED the first crackdown. It had so much personality and was mindless fun just running around annihilating everything you ran across. It also had a fairly decent story and a sense of progression. Well, Crackdown 2 has no story whatsoever. The mindless fun is still there but it isn't nearly as fresh this time around. This has to be the biggest disappointment of a game that I've been subjected to in a very long time. I do not recommend buying this game, it would be a decent rental though.

Recommended purchase point $10
    Agreed, it's a really poor game - initially I was quite enjoying it but the longer I've played the game the more it's irritated me and I don't know if I've the patience to play it any further. The controls are just sloppy, I get sick of my character falling from ledges, the combat is awful as it's just tons of gattling and rocket guys shooting you to bits with little you can do about it, there's numerous little bugs everywhere and the landscape and graphics are generally poor. I'm thinking of playing the first game as well as I missed the build up to the bosses plus it wasn't the sloppy mess this game is - I can't believe they're charging full price for it, even for a budget release it's poor.

The last game I finished was Forgotten Sands which does feel very unfinished as there's a few bugs with one big game breaking one plus the ending is very sudden but I enjoyed playing through it as many of the acrobatic sections are superb.

Next up is either the Borderlands expansion packs as completed the original on playthrough 2 and think it's fantastic or Bayonetta.

John

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X
    Rocinante - Intel i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, 2.2TB SSD, Alienware M15 R1

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Deathspank

8/10

+Humor done right, now get in the bag
    +Colorful
    +Plain ol enjoyable
    +15 bucks

-A touch repetitive
    -Inventory was a cluttered mess
    -I beat it

I purchased Deathspank hoping for a funny well written game that wasn't a FPS and 10 different shades of brown and I got exactly as I had hoped for and more. This game is funny from start to finish with no dry spots. It isnt perfect though as the combat is very rudimentary though it never really dulls too badly and almost every quest is a fetch quest. However, the games humor really makes up for anything that could be viewed as less than optimal. This game was really what I needed since I'm quite sick of playing the typical game.

Recommended purchase point $15

*edit* I see a lot of people saying it is short, I got 10 hours out of it and had fun with all 10. Most games are within the 6-12 hour range now and they cost $60. For the money it is a great enjoyment per dollar purchase.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 08-01-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Just beat Starcraft II

I'm not going to go in depth about it, but I really enjoyed it. I would give it a 9.5 for sure just because of the great campaign, enjoyable gameplay, and the well polished production value.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Just beat Assassin's Creed II. Vastly superior to the first game (well, it's actually a game now), still not the game they promised the first time but a lot closer and quite good (got the complete edition for about 20 euros, wouldn't have bought it for more than 30).

My wish for the next :
    1) that they finally clean up their movement library/engine, it's tiring to have the guy decides to do something stupid, generally when accuracy is critical, or decides to stay stuck, generally when speed is critical. This isn't a problem most of the time, but as soon as accuracy, speed and timing are required the game almost made me throw my controller to the wall in frustration. Once you resolve the puzzle you shouldn't have to fight the controls to finalize it.

2) make a good story follow up, they're a bit like the Lost team at the end of season 1, please do not make a Lost season 2. They should either read more Zelazny, or less if they already started (the ending reminded me of some of his books, not the Amber ones).

Next game, either Overlord II or Bioshock II (I'm in a II period), probably Overlord I again as I didn't play the DLC the first time.
    Last edited by Lee_T; 08-14-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typos
    Professional lurker

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_T View Post
    (I'm in a II period)
    Just make sure you have enough TP.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by MrDigital View Post
    I just starting playing Infinite Undiscovery. About 2 hours in and I really think it's the weakest jrpg I've ever played in my life. The controls are horrendous and I'm somewhat bothered by the fact that they didn't add vocals to like half the scenes, despite showing characters talking. Just subtitles. Which is just weird, since the cutscenes all have vocals.
    Okay, well, the first 2 hours of the game is the worst part of the game. Ended up beating it, invested about 52 hours into it so far, just been leveling up to beat the post-game dungeon. Kinda tired of it now though, so I started playing Resonance of Fate which, honestly, doesn't seem great. I can't figure out the gameplay perhaps. And it uses guns. I really do love triAce games though so I want to keep at it.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Okay, well, the first 2 hours of the game is the worst part of the game. Ended up beating it, invested about 52 hours into it so far, just been leveling up to beat the post-game dungeon. Kinda tired of it now though, so I started playing Resonance of Fate which, honestly, doesn't seem great. I can't figure out the gameplay perhaps. And it uses guns. I really do love triAce games though so I want to keep at it.
    I bought Infinite Undiscovery as a blind purchase for my daughter. Thought it would be decent cause it had a Square Enix label. She told me it was dumb so I tried it thinking she might be wrong but no she was right. I don't think I like JRPGs so maybe I'm not the best judge of these things. It was only 20 bux so no big loss.

Close to finishing Uncharted 2, which is pretty fun. Hoping Gamefly sends me Alan Wake next.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

I have only played through a few chapters of Resonance of Fate but the combat system is awesome and is really what makes that game. It wasn't until after the first "dungeon" that it really clicked with me.