The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 51

Sharky Forums

Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    We made that decision like the day after the game came out!
    Naaaah. I had put at least 24 hours of gametime into one character before the switch. Then we started playing trendynet so I was building up a squire class, then they nerfed it to all hell so I stopped.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I think we played a day or 2. It wasn't very long and people can help for power leveling.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just Beat Saints row: The Third

Wow...I really enjoyed this game despite some really repetitive game-play mechanics. What really made it for me was the fun script and crazy action. I feel that GTA4 was a much more refined game but I actually felt motivated to complete the main story and challenges of Saints Row 3. I think my ideal sand box game would be programmed by Rockstar but written and imagined by Volition, Inc.

Would love to play some co-op for any interested.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Just finished: Crysis 2 (PC)

I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would, after all I had heard. That, combined with the fact that I thought the original Crysis was vastly over hyped (albeit still a good game), I didn't have my hopes up. But I got the game for $4 from an Amazon digital sale, and can honestly say, it was worth that.
    Actually, it's pretty good. It starts out incredibly slowly. I'm still not a big fan of the "cloak-move a few feet behind cover-uncloak-wait for energy to recharge-cloak again-move out" style of gameplay. And unlike the first game, where the human fights were great fun and the alien fights were awful, it's actually reversed this time around. I found the alien firefights quite compelling, and even though there's an over reliance on scripted sequences, a lot of the alien/human firefights felt fun and desperate, on par with good Halo shootouts.
    The graphics are, of course, spectacular, and the game ran flawlessly on my PC. The city looks great, but obviously, you're sacrificing a lot of "free roaming" jungle area like you had in the first game.
    The story is totally forgettable, and the epitome of "cliched". I couldn't care less for any of these characters or this horribly rehashed story, but again, you don't play a game like this for plot, narrative, or character exposition.

All in all, I had more fun with it than I thought I would, and certainly got my $4 worth. Is it a classic? No. One of the best of the year? No. A competent shooter with great visuals and fast, tight gameplay? Yes.

My personal score: 7.5 out of 10.

As a note, to anyone who cares, I probably enjoyed this game the LEAST of the "Crysis trilogy", which I would rank like:

1) Crysis Warhead (8.5/9.0 out of 10)
    2) Crysis (8.0 out of 10)
    3) Crysis 2 (7.5 out of 10)

-------------

Up Next: Just playing Chrono Trigger on DS right now. As soon as that's finished, idk. Perhaps The Witcher 2.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Well im back in the PC gaming scene! Seriously, cant believe I left lol. Got my rig hooked up to my tv with a wireless keyboard and mouse and im lovin it.

Been playing Crysis 2 with dx11 and all that high res texture jazz, Nexuiz which is pretty sweet, Tribes Ascend and Blacklight Retribution. Let let you know how they are.

Crysis 2 is alot better than I thought it would be as well. I actually enjoyed it alot more on my second playthrough than the first and hopefully I will still like it on this 3rd run.

So far Nexuiz is Q3 Arena but REALLY pretty.

Blacklight Retribution is like a FPS with some MMO mixed in with it. Its also free to play if you wanna check it out on Steam.
    Last edited by Squirrel Meat; 08-11-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600
    Sony AVR with 5.1/Asus Xonar DG
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    60 gig OS and 240 gig Game SSD's
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio
    Logitech G700s Mouse and K520 Keyboard

Hey spaceman, what settings did you play Crysis 2 at? Im sure you had dx11 on and all that jazz, im just curious what lvl you were on (very high, extreme, ultra).
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Meat View Post
    Hey spaceman, what settings did you play Crysis 2 at? Im sure you had dx11 on and all that jazz, im just curious what lvl you were on (very high, extreme, ultra).
    Everything defaulted to Ultra, so that's where I kept it.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Just finished Borderlands again, but with the DLC this time around. Fun game, can't wait for part two.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    Just finished Borderlands again, but with the DLC this time around. Fun game, can't wait for part two.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Knoxx DLC. Were there any others worth picking up? I might give it a replay before 2 drops.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Knoxx DLC. Were there any others worth picking up? I might give it a replay before 2 drops.
    Zombie Island of Dr. Ned & Claptrap's Robot Revolution are both fun. Worth it if you can pick them up on the cheap. (And probably even if you can't. Steam has just ruined my valuation of what game content is worth.)

That being said: Knoxx is my absolute favorite.
    Last edited by James; 08-15-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

So about Nexuiz.......if any of you are Q3 Arena fans, you need this game! Its so much fun.....and so pretty.
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I picked up the GOTY edition at a discounted price during a Steam sale, so it was worth it to me. The only one I didn't particularly care for was Mad Moxxi's. But fun is subjective, and you might like it if you're into arena style wave survival. It definitely tests your ability and is one of the harder ones, unless you out-level it (which I think is possible).
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    I've been holding off on a gpu upgrade for a while now but now that the 660ti's are out around $300 with a voucher for Borderlands 2, I may just do it. Not a bad deal.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

I guess it was Max Payne 3. I enjoyed it more than I had expected, even though it was different from the first two games. Maybe it just had to be? I started playing through Deus Ex: HR again, but my computer died on me, so I probably have to wait a couple of weeks before I can continue.
    When life hands Jack Bauer Lemons, he kills Terrorists. Jack Bauer ****in' hates lemonade.

Great White Shark
    I just 100% completed Bastion.

I gotta say, I still like the game, even after playing through it two more times.

Pros:
    - Great little story.
    - Little to no grinding needed to max items/character through a new game+.
    - "dynamic" narration is great. The narrator in new game+ saying "Wait, didn't I already tell you this part?" was an awesome touch.
    - The soundtrack.

Cons
    - Controls are a bit wonky.

Overall, the biggest take away I have from the game is the Soundtrack. It's very catchy. Reminds me a ton of the TV show Firefly in it's musical tones. I will probably purchase the soundtrack tonight, from Supergiant games for $10. This is when I could easily buy it for $9 on Amazon. As well, it's freely available on the website to listen to via streaming. But I think it's worth it.

Playing Next: Either I'll burn through Puzzle Agent1&2 and Machinarium, or I might try to finish Alice: Madness Returns.
    Last edited by James; 08-21-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64