The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 59

Sharky Forums

Page 59 of 112 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
    Just beat Alan Wake. I now realize why everyone complained about the collectibles in this game when it came out. The game is best when you are running non-stop from a group of ghosts (or whatever they are) hoping to reach a light source before you are overrun. The collectibles, however, give you incentive to wander and explore the terrain (which while running is gorgeous but when scouring every corner is monotonus). I didn't really discover the joy of the game until I tried to get the achievement of not firing a bullet during one of the last levels. With this added handicap, the atmosphere ratcheted up a notch and really highlighted what remedy did best. The story and atmosphere are top notch and if you have the personal discipline to avoid the collectables this game is a really good 10 hour graphic novel.

Up Next: Epic Mickey
    Whoa! Epic lurking
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Haven't posted in awhile, and have no idea what games I was playing when I last posted...but...I got a bunch for Christmas, and figured I might as well share my thoughts of the ones I've beaten.

Uncharted

Waaaaaaaaaaaay late to the party on these games I know, but seeing as how they were gifts, I thought I'd give them a fair play through.
    The first game was enjoyable, if incredibly predictable. The gunplay got repetitive fast. It was nearly groundbreaking in 2007, I know, but it hasn't aged terribly well. My favorite parts were the exploring/platforming elements, and the story and characters.
    Overall enjoyable, just lacking in key gameplay areas.

My Score: 7.0 out of 10

Uncharted 2

Improved on the original in almost every conceivable way, and made the fire fights actually enjoyable. Better everything really. Some of it just got more than a little silly at times, and having killed the equivalent of a small nation's standing army, almost literally, it got less and less believable how naive the villains were. Didn't care much for the ending either. But overall, a vast improvement over the first game, and I went ahead and picked up Uncharted 3 for $15 and plan on playing through that in the next few weeks.

My Personal Score: 8.9 out of 10

Super Mario 3D Land

Best Mario game I've played since SMG 2. I'm not a huge fan of the 3D gimmick, although it does look nice in this game, but even without it, it's still a wonderfully immersive Mario platformer, which at this point you either love or are totally indifferent to. My only gripe is the game is incredibly easy (I finished the game with 92 lives. 92.) , and most of the levels seem quite short. I suppose that's to be expected with a handheld.
    Still, great game and I would say a must-own for 3DS owners.

My Personal Score: 8.5 out of 10

---

Next Up: XenoBlade
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    Max Payne 3

7/10

The cut-scenes aren't annoying and the story is well done. But its no where as good as 1 or 2; Rockstar has gotten a bit too big for their britches in my opinion.

I enjoyed it, but its brutally hard, and Max has a really ANNOYING habit of switching weapons all the time and dropping the good one you are using to switch back to his pistol.

*edit* And by brutally hard I mean: bullet sponge enemies and tons of them all at the same time, ammo is also too hard to come by. I actually ran out of bullets during the disco mission and died because of it.
    Yeah, it basically forces you to the revolver because the Uzi's don't have enough ammo.

I agree that it's not on the level of MP-2, but I actually like it better than Max Payne 1. The original had those annoying nightmare scenes that really diminished the game, IMO. And Rockstar finally got the graphics right, it looks gorgeous.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Finished Dead Space 3 the other night. It was really great! I didn't have to farm/grind. Found all the resources I needed to build my suit to the max and had plenty of weapons/ammo. Probably not quite as good as the previous two games; but still a fine, fine game. I think folks are missing out if you don't play it because you can buy resources with real world money. I don't see it any different than Diablo 3 - or 2 for that matter....I bought a Windforce off Ebay. :P

Anyway, back to Amalur. Over 70 hours into the game now and still not finished with main story because of all the side quests. This game is really, really good. I did grab Halo 4 also, but my son is wanting to coop with me on that one so hopefully I can get it started soon too.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I've pretty much only play Fire Emblem: Awakening since it released. This is a hell of a game.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I've pretty much only play Fire Emblem: Awakening since it released. This is a hell of a game.
    I love it.

I think that + Soul Hackers are what will finally push me into the 3DS owner's club. There's been some other stuff that interested me before but those two, I think, are the breaking point.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    Yeah, it basically forces you to the revolver because the Uzi's don't have enough ammo.

I agree that it's not on the level of MP-2, but I actually like it better than Max Payne 1. The original had those annoying nightmare scenes that really diminished the game, IMO. And Rockstar finally got the graphics right, it looks gorgeous.
    Really? The story including the nightmare sequences are what made the game the best of the 3. And comparing the graphics (considering the age differences) is hard to do.
    War... War never changes.

Finished Skyrim.

All quests except repeatables finished.

All achievements achieved

All Dragon-shouts unlocked

lvl 80 with over 300 hours played.

Worth every second I spent in the game.

Oh and next game I'm playing is Torchlight 2

Finished Skyrim.

All quests except repeatables finished.

All achievements achieved

All Dragon-shouts unlocked

lvl 80 with over 300 hours played.

Worth every second I spent in the game.
    Did you play the expansions also or did you just find the game that engrossing? And I guess this was on PC? I have it for 360 but waiting for my son to finish. I can't fathom 300 hours. Although I did close to 100 in Oblivion.
    Last edited by PowerCreep; 02-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.

All DLC and a bunch of mods. I've been playing on and off again since it was released and took two toons to over level 70

My Main: a Redguard (the one I finished everything on) Imperial Warrior level 80

My Secondary: a Nord Stormcloak Master Mage level 74

And yes on the PC.

Last edited by Wurm; 02-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    9.8/10

This is easily the best handheld game I have ever played. I honestly can only think of a single thing wrong with it and even then it is miniscule. It looks great, it plays great, the writing is great. My one nit-pick however is that during the dialog characters will say one word quips that started to grate on me. That, however, is pushing it to even call that a problem. This is simply one of the best games I have ever played
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

All DLC and a bunch of mods. I've been playing on and off again since it was released and took two toons to over level 70

My Main: a Redguard (the one I finished everything on) Imperial Warrior level 80

My Secondary: a Nord Stormcloak Master Mage level 74

And yes on the PC.

Nice Steam Avatar!

Fire Emblem: Awakening
    9.8/10

My one nit-pick however is that during the dialog characters will say one word quips that started to grate on me.
    You can actually turn those off.

Options - Story Voices - Off

I'm 12 hours into my game and just lost my first unit. Veike - you will be missed.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 02-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.