The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 61

Sharky Forums

Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Beat Bioshock Infinite. A solid game but shorter and much more linear then the original. I recommend picking it up on sale.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Bioshock Infinite here as well. Eh. Not OMGGAMEOFTHEYEAR for me but neither were the other 2. I don't think in this day and age an fps could be that for me. Nice looking game. Plays well. I used the carbine and sniper the entire game splashed in with electricity and the horse kick. For all the powers these games boast there was a real lack of innovation for the killing.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

I loved the hell out of Bioshock Infinite. Personally, I liked it better than Bioshock 1 and put it right up there with Half-Life 2 as one of the best shooters ever made.

Mass Effect 3 extended cut.

I can see where all the hate for the ending came from, but I enjoyed it so much that I just restarted ME1 to play the series completely through again, this time as a female shepard, I also bought all the story/mission DLC (ME 1,2 and 3) I was missing the first go through.

I'll pick up BSI when its on sale this Christmas.
    War... War never changes.

I installed Assassins Creed 1 last night. I figure I'll see what the hubbub is all about. I also got accepted to the FF14: A Realm Reborn beta. Last MMO I played was FF11 when it launched.
    my rig

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    So....I kinda...gave up on Xenoblade Chronicles, at least for now.

I got about 13 hours in. It has all the right ingredients there; great music, great world, strong gameplay (saving anywhere, quick travel to places you've discovered, no random encounters, yes please)....But, the story failed to really grab me. I'm sorry, I find the Mechons to be very uninspiring villains. Maybe it's just me, but they failed to do anything for me. I also got frustrated with all the grinding/power leveling forced on you, and had to go back multiple times just to grind for 2-3 hours to be the right level to take on a Boss. If I'm going to do that, I might as well play a MMORPG. Which...is exactly what I did with swtor.
    It's sad, because I know it's a quality game, but the important aspects to me (story, characters) just don't do much for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot down the road. As an aside, I'm glad I got my copy when I did. used copies are going for over $100 now!
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 04-02-2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    So....I kinda...gave up on Xenoblade Chronicles, at least for now.

I got about 13 hours in. It has all the right ingredients there; great music, great world, strong gameplay (saving anywhere, quick travel to places you've discovered, no random encounters, yes please)....But, the story failed to really grab me. I'm sorry, I find the Mechons to be very uninspiring villains. Maybe it's just me, but they failed to do anything for me. I also got frustrated with all the grinding/power leveling forced on you, and had to go back multiple times just to grind for 2-3 hours to be the right level to take on a Boss. If I'm going to do that, I might as well play a MMORPG. Which...is exactly what I did with swtor.
    It's sad, because I know it's a quality game, but the important aspects to me (story, characters) just don't do much for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot down the road. As an aside, I'm glad I got my copy when I did. used copies are going for over $100 now!
    I will say this; the game is basically a single player MMORPG. Grinding is a part of the game but I found this not to be a big issue if I focus on the side quests. The crafting and city building portions of the game (you can build your own city!) help to mix up the grinding. There are also a lot of elite mobs that you have to find and that helps with the grinding.

I also make all the girls wear bikini armor which helps.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Bioshock: Infinite
    9/10

+Atmosphere
    +Atmosphere
    +Atmosphere (have I mentioned that I like the atmosphere?)
    +Story
    +Engrossing

-Bland gunplay
    -City goes from inhabited to empty during gunfights, it is a jarring transition
    -Hitching without modding the .ini file
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Beat Frontlines: Fuel of War It's really not worth talking about and nothing that hasn't been done before. Just a $5 game I picked up and beat in about 7 hours. 2.5/5. Skip this one.

Started Fracture. The raising and lowering of the ground makes for an interesting new twist on gameplay but the targeting system is a bit psychopathic. One minute it's fine, another it acts as if you aren't making any inputs. Also, your character runs - at least he's going through the motions of running - but is moving about the rate of a brisk walk. Just another $5 game I'll knock out in a few days time.

Also, gave up on Vanquish. The frustration level got waaaaay to high for me on that one. A shame too because I didn't have that much further to finish up the game. Deleted the game save so I wouldn't be tempted to subject myself to any more pain and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
    Deleted the game save so I wouldn't be tempted to subject myself to any more pain and suffering.
    That is extreme.

Ehhh, Assassin's Creed 1 wasn't all that great. It's good to get the feel of the next few and to run through it real quick for the story. However, the next ones are all must plays. Great games.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

It's taken me four attempts to finally get to the game proper. Every time I boot it up and had to sit through the tutorial I immediately lost interest. I plan on putting some time to it this weekend.
    my rig

Not playing it yet but as long as there's been some mention of Xenoblade here I managed to find a copy at a GameStop yesterday. $60 for a used copy sucks but it beats the hell out of the $130+ it goes for on eBay.

More accurately, I found the copy at that GameStop a week and a half ago but only got to buy it yesterday. I saw it pop up on their website last Tuesday or Wednesday, and I called them and got them to hold it for me, but when I got to the store after work it turns out the guy that "held" it for me ended up selling it within an hour or two of me calling. The employee that was there when I got there checked the system and saw that the closest copy was in California but he called them and got them to mail it to him; said it should be there around Friday or Saturday. Since they screwed me the first time I didn't really think anything of it when Friday and Saturday came and went, and then Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday came and went, assuming they just screwed up again, but yesterday I saw it pop up on their website again at the same store and within an hour the guy called me to tell me it had arrived and THIS time they actually held it for me.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Not playing it yet but as long as there's been some mention of Xenoblade here I managed to find a copy at a GameStop yesterday. $60 for a used copy sucks but it beats the hell out of the $130+ it goes for on eBay.

More accurately, I found the copy at that GameStop a week and a half ago but only got to buy it yesterday. I saw it pop up on their website last Tuesday or Wednesday, and I called them and got them to hold it for me, but when I got to the store after work it turns out the guy that "held" it for me ended up selling it within an hour or two of me calling. The employee that was there when I got there checked the system and saw that the closest copy was in California but he called them and got them to mail it to him; said it should be there around Friday or Saturday. Since they screwed me the first time I didn't really think anything of it when Friday and Saturday came and went, and then Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday came and went, assuming they just screwed up again, but yesterday I saw it pop up on their website again at the same store and within an hour the guy called me to tell me it had arrived and THIS time they actually held it for me.
    Have you pre-ordered Pandora's Tower?

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Far Cry 3
    8/10

+Fun, open-world gameplay
    +diverse
    +Good gfx, ran fairly well

-Ridiculous story
    -Wonk vehicle controls

Tomb Raider is up next.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen