The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 62

Sharky Forums

Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Just beat Far Cry 3

+ Astounding graphics and visuals. The modified Crysis engine really delivers. Ran it on ultra and was always impressed.
    + Massive world. You can spend hours without covering the same ground
    + Living and vibrant world. The player doesn't "trigger" anything. Life is going on independently. If you stumble across a tiger killing a goat, it would happen with or without you.
    + Citra topless
    + It has a story - a bit campy, but the story is cohesive.
    + Good combat. The AI isn't groundbreaking, but it's good. Enemies flank, seek cover, call for backup.
    + Animal AI is superb. Predators act like predators. Bears know they are badassed. Wild dogs go for sneak attacks, pitbulls charge mindlessly. Deer are fleet and hard to hunt.

- Crashes, a lot. I averaged a CTD for every hour of play. Especially aggravating after completing a mission where saves were disabled.
    - Vehicles are garbage. Even on the third try, Far Cry still can't get a jeep that has progressive steering or acceleration. Everything is full on, or full off. Full right turn, middle, or full left. Same with water vehicles.

Over all, this is a great game. Lots of fun. Easily the best Far Cry yet. Yes, better than the first one, because there are no Trigens. You can pace it any way you want, rush through the story, or explore and loot. TONS of loot and hidden places to find. Lots of mini-games.

9/10 for me.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I'm actually having more fun with Far Cry 3 now that I've finished the story. The story for me was so ridiculous that it hampered being able to just mess around. However, now that I don't have to deal with story missions I can just do whatever I want. Just finished unlocking all the radio towers, now onto "liberating" the outposts.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I'm actually having more fun with Far Cry 3 now that I've finished the story. The story for me was so ridiculous that it hampered being able to just mess around. However, now that I don't have to deal with story missions I can just do whatever I want. Just finished unlocking all the radio towers, now onto "liberating" the outposts.
    I unlocked all the radio towers during the story.

But I too am liberating all outposts. It's fun to kill them all without ever entering the outpost.
    RIG:
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    Panasonic DVD

Great White Shark
    Mass Effect 3.

I took the time to go through all 4 of the endings available to me. It ended up being a pretty good wrap to the series, though I have to disagree with the games choice of "Best" ending.

Now playing: ME3 again on insanity.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Ok, so I think I finally finished NBA 2K13. Whew!

After 5 long seasons as Jazz GM in Franchise mode and countless exhibition games, and now 2 Championships to show for it, I think I've just about had my fill. I might fire it up now and again to goof around with an all-time Dream Team, but I think its officially retired for the season.
    Long story short, simply phenomenal game. Not perfect, but easily one of the deepest, most polished, most satisfying and immersive sports games ever made. I'm not even that big of a fan of the NBA (I far prefer the college game), but NBA2k13 is just too good to pass up for any b-ball fan.

My Final Score: 9.5 out of 10
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    9.0/10

+Gorgeous, best looking game I've ever seen
    +Immersive
    +Pacing, length

-Shantytown is like the second coming of blight town performance wise
    -Too much combat, not enough puzzle solving

I really, really enjoyed this game. First Tomb Raider game I have actually finished in the series. Worth it at full price.

Currently playing Crysis 3, and man first impressions is this game runs like crap
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    9.0/10

+Gorgeous, best looking game I've ever seen
    +Immersive
    +Pacing, length

-Shantytown is like the second coming of blight town performance wise
    -Too much combat, not enough puzzle solving

I really, really enjoyed this game. First Tomb Raider game I have actually finished in the series. Worth it at full price.

Currently playing Crysis 3, and man first impressions is this game runs like crap
    Crysis 2 ran like crap until several patches. But I had read that they didn't make any improvements to the engine with 3, so it should have been all patched up.
    RIG:
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    Panasonic DVD

Finished up Medal of Honor 360 (This one from 2010). Actually not a terrible game, but not very memorable either. Some cool sniping parts and laser targeting for a C130 Spectre is always fun. Anyway, 2.5/5. Maybe would've been a 3 but it had some slow down in parts....why does that still happen on a console that's been out for so long?

Either going back to Fracture or maybe start Deus Ex or Mafia II. Ain't decided yet.

Tiger Shark
    Beat Bioshock Infinite. I would give it an 8/10.
    The atmosphere is great, the graphics are awesome and barring a few annoying flaws (2 gun limit), the gameplay is great as well. However, I felt like the storyline was way too convoluted for no good reason. The game made it hard to care about any of the characters and the ending was pretty much "meh".

AMD Phenom 2 X4 : 955 BE
    Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    4GB DDR3 Corsair 1333
    XFX Radeon 4890 1GB
    320GB Western Digital RE3
    1 TB Western Digital Black
    750W Corsair PSU
    Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case
    NEC DVD-RW 3520
    Razer Copperhead Mouse
    Windows 7 Pro

Great White Shark
    Finished up ME3 on Insanity. I think I will probably do a "Wurm" and play back through with a female Shepard to see the differences, but at this point I'm in it for the story, so I'll probably play on easy.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Witcher 2 EE, I played it long enough to get around 8 of the endings, loved every min.

Playing now: Witcher EE, Decided to go back and play the EE content, I played the game through without it and playing Witcher 2 made me decide to go ahead and do it. Decided to go with the Sco'iatel this time through, since I worked with Siegfried of Denesle last time I played.

Next up, Metro 2033 again, to warm me up for last light
    War... War never changes.

Great White Shark
    Finished off my 3rd ME3 playthrough. I've discovered that apparently I never once had Ashley survive Virmire, it was always Kaiden. I've also decided that I hate Kaiden. He's a hollow character at best. Ashley was more of an angry clown in ME1, but at least she had personality.

So, I might go back through and play through quickly (and probably cheat-ily) to see how things go with an Ashley survivor from Virmire.

I'm still slowly chipping away at Assassins Creed (Steam). When it's not crashing to desktop it is the most repetitive and shoddily controlling game in recent memory. I would have even said this when it launched. The control is janky. No two ways around it. And the formula (so far) is the same (I'm on the 4th assassination).

For the 1st 3 missions:

- go to town (all the while getting chased by anybody that doesn't like you galloping or doing anything more than trotting by with your horse)
    - get to town and notice there is 1 entrance. 1 main gate that's guarded.
    - save villager and butcher guards within earshot and line of sight of guards at the gate (don't worry, they won't react)
    - "blend" with group of passing monks that won't spawn until you perform the bloodletting
    - guards don't notice all of your extra gear
    - get in town and climb some towers to see some map
    - go to assassins hideout while the shopkeeper usually acts disgruntled
    - complete 3 missions (since doing anymore really serves no purpose)
    - go back to assassins hideout to start the assassination proper
    - kill the mark any way you want, so far it seems the alarm goes off regardless
    - go back to the assassins hideout while killing the entire town. you get counter early on and while it seems flaky at best you're pretty unstoppable with it

and on and on I'm assuming 9 times. MY GOD how did this sell well enough to warrant sequels? We're people THAT starved?
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Finished off my 3rd ME3 playthrough. I've discovered that apparently I never once had Ashley survive Virmire, it was always Kaiden. I've also decided that I hate Kaiden. He's a hollow character at best. Ashley was more of an angry clown in ME1, but at least she had personality.

So, I might go back through and play through quickly (and probably cheat-ily) to see how things go with an Ashley survivor from Virmire.
    Ashley has her reasons to be angry, and if you talk to her enough they come out. I also decided I dislike Kaiden, he is poorly written.

Steve Cortez was better written, with Kaiden I think they forgot what they wanted to do with him.

Normally I always took Ashley and she develops nicely across the 3 games.

My very last play through, I took Kaiden to give him a chance and regretted it the first time he started his poor me routine.

Ashley > Kaiden

Quote Originally Posted by dyne View Post
    I'm still slowly chipping away at Assassins Creed (Steam). When it's not crashing to desktop it is the most repetitive and shoddily controlling game in recent memory. I would have even said this when it launched. The control is janky. No two ways around it. And the formula (so far) is the same (I'm on the 4th assassination).

For the 1st 3 missions:

- go to town (all the while getting chased by anybody that doesn't like you galloping or doing anything more than trotting by with your horse)
    - get to town and notice there is 1 entrance. 1 main gate that's guarded.
    - save villager and butcher guards within earshot and line of sight of guards at the gate (don't worry, they won't react)
    - "blend" with group of passing monks that won't spawn until you perform the bloodletting
    - guards don't notice all of your extra gear
    - get in town and climb some towers to see some map
    - go to assassins hideout while the shopkeeper usually acts disgruntled
    - complete 3 missions (since doing anymore really serves no purpose)
    - go back to assassins hideout to start the assassination proper
    - kill the mark any way you want, so far it seems the alarm goes off regardless
    - go back to the assassins hideout while killing the entire town. you get counter early on and while it seems flaky at best you're pretty unstoppable with it

and on and on I'm assuming 9 times. MY GOD how did this sell well enough to warrant sequels? We're people THAT starved?
    I hated the game the first time I tried playing it. I uninstalled and gave my copy away after around 30 mins of play. And I haven't gone back to the series since.