Jumpy Linksys Router-Home Network

Sharky Forums

Thread: Jumpy Linksys Router-Home Network

Angry Jumpy Linksys Router-Home Network

I have 3 computers (2 desktops and 1 laptop). A router that for some strange reason jumps to the weakest network in my immediate neighborhood. There are about 6 other networks that show up on my router screen-I pick the one I set up and a few minutes later my router switches to the weakest network. It does this constantly.

Is there anyway I can erase the other networks so I don't have this very annoying problem? Thanks in advance.
    dell 4600c w/19 lcd ; 2.4 p4, 80 g hd
    nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 w agp8x

Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by humblejohn View Post
    I have 3 computers (2 desktops and 1 laptop). A router that for some strange reason jumps to the weakest network in my immediate neighborhood. There are about 6 other networks that show up on my router screen-I pick the one I set up and a few minutes later my router switches to the weakest network. It does this constantly.

Is there anyway I can erase the other networks so I don't have this very annoying problem? Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried to update the firmware?

r u just using any wireless neighborhood network that isn't encryted to connect to the internet...

kinda really unsecure....you can eliminate the other wireless with some configuring, then WEP (or stronger) your actual remaining house wireless to keep others from intruding and you will more secure.

i may have read your OP wrong, if so, i apologise...

laterzzzzz.......
    I am gettin too old for all this st.ff!

Specs? it runs.................

Tbird quotes:

"I dont care that much for gaming"
    "I am done with 3dmark."

AsRock 970 Extreme4,Vishera 8320 @4.6, Vertex 4 256GB SataIII SSD, 2xVelociraptor 600GB 10,000 spinner in raid 0 storage....16g Gskill DDR3 2133 @2292, ATI 6850, back on huge air (quiet)....HP Laptop redone OS (ie, no HP krud), AMD Phenom II N620, 8gig DDR3 1333 ram, Sanddisk SataII 120GB SSD, Toshiba 500GB 7200 spinner...

Quote Originally Posted by humblejohn View Post

In your Windows settings, you can set all wireless networks EXCEPT yours to "Manually Connect." This will keep your computer from attempting to attach when the SSID is found.

For Windows XP, here are detailed instructions.

http://malektips.com/xp-wireless-pre...c-connect.html
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD