Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 78

Sharky Forums

Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I can update the server now, I'm assuming you can't login at all until I do that.
    *Edit: server updated to beta 1.8. Only you can't get to it because the Minecraft authentication server is down. (Or at least it is for me.) Also, only the smp map is running. I have left the "Creative" map turned off for now.

As for a new map/sticky thread, whatever, if people are OK with the performance of the system, I'll continue to host the server.
    I'm all for a new map - a fresh start is always nice
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I have left the "Creative" map turned off for now.
    There is actually a "creative" mode in 1.8, where you have an unlimited supply of all blocks, where you can fly, where you take no damage, where it takes virtually no time to remove/place any block type, etc. Could be fun or really dangerous to enable that mode on our creative server. Having tried it on a local map, the way it's setup is way better for what we would need to actually clean up the creative map (don't need an admin around to spawn blocks, can remove TNT blocks), but it's also pretty easy to remove stuff accidentally (especially doors, switches, and other stuff you mean to "use" rather than remove), and removes all point of needing particular block types since all materials are removed at the same rate.

As for the survival server, I've seen a few bugs so far:
    - all chests appear to point the same direction (so double chests "show" rotated even though they physically seem to occupy the correct place)
    - paintings all look super dark
    - minecart didn't show any type of indication of being mined (graphics or sound) when I picked it up

So I expect 1.8_01 soon.

Also, try holding Tab when you are logged in. You will like it.
    Last edited by linoleum; 09-14-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: @creative: I guess I mean that it's the same to build out of obsidian as it is to build out of dirt, aside from the look

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    Also, try holding Tab when you are logged in. You will like it.
    Still can't even login.
    *Edit: Update, I manually downloaded the new Minecraft. Got right in after that. Weird that my 1.7.3 wouldn't login/update.
    Last edited by James; 09-14-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Had to reset my password and now I can't even get in.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Had to reset my password and now I can't even get in.
    Redownload the exe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Redownload the exe.
    Can't since I need my password to log in to get the .exe from the minecraft site.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Can't since I need my password to log in to get the .exe from the minecraft site.
    Ahh! I thought you were saying you couldn't log into the game, which was the problem I saw until I went and downloaded the exe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Ahh! I thought you were saying you couldn't log into the game, which was the problem I saw until I went and downloaded the exe again.
    Couldn't even get to the .exe

However, I figured out my password an hour ago but I'm work and will have to wait till later tonight to get on.

What's the server ip again? I tried looking for it in all these posts manually and with the search function but I still couldn't find it.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

darksavior.net:25567

Great White Shark
    So, with 1.8.1 being out, do we want to go ahead and create a new map?
    Last edited by James; 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Minecraft has been unplayable for me ever since a certain update (I'm not sure which one). It stutters every 2-3 seconds.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

I vote yes for new map

Been more than 6 months since I've played, but I do want to fire Minecraft back up and see what's been added to the game. Count me in for a new map... after I recover my password.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

I would like to be different and vote for a new map...but a new Creative map.

• biomes aren't finished yet (no snow right now, for example), and this will affect terrain generation (including in the nether)
    • no NPCs in villages yet, so they're less exciting to find right now
    • more strongholds with bosses will be added

All of these things are gonna make us want another new map when 1.9 comes out (within 2 months, possibly 1 month depending on if there is going to be another version before the "full release" version) the same way we had no snow, no new trees, no lapis lazuli anywhere nearby in the current map because they were only generated in the new sections of map.

With a creative map, we can freely test some of the newer features (like minecarts/rails, pistons, etc) without having to mine forever to get enough iron, gold, etc to make them. Terrain generation won't matter as much since the new blocks will be free anyway. We can build stuff quickly, rather than spending the next month building up inventories of building materials only to start over again if we want to make a new map again at that point. We haven't had a good creative map going since almost a year ago.

What does anyone else think about that?