Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 117

Sharky Forums

Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    Apparently it wasn't good.

This game needs some kind of air vehicle (airplanes, flying horses, whatever). Horses sound great until you realize all of the technical problems, like riding through forests and having to avoid deep water, which pretty much describes 80% of the map (the other 20% being impassible mountains, of course).

And limited visibility combined with higher speeds combined with surface lava pools and randomly placed chasms is a recipe for disaster.
    I have to agree with this - the water issue in particular is infuriating, and it prevents horses from being a valid long-range transportation option. Time to build more rails in the nether!
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
    You need to manually build a second portal in the nether that is closer to the location the second portal in the main world.
    I got that done. Now I'm running into massive latency issues. I can't even work at this point.

However....

Linoleum: Northwest village has villagers who sell Melon! I have 7 slices right now, and was trying to build a melon farm. And it's put on hold until I can sort out these latency issues.

*Edit: Put the melon slices in one of the chests at my mining camp.

*Edit 2: Is anyone else having issues with the new server? I think I'm just having massive latency issues at my house, but man, it is feeling wonky.
    Last edited by James; 10-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Linoleum: Northwest village has villagers who sell Melon! I have 7 slices right now, and was trying to build a melon farm. And it's put on hold until I can sort out these latency issues.
    If you haven't found it by now, I took 2 melon slices upstairs and made a small farm and now there is a chest with 2 stacks of melon slices.

I wasn't having any latency issues, but I killed about 100 chickens figuring that might help. We could probably do away with chickens entirely now that we have melons.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    *Edit 2: Is anyone else having issues with the new server? I think I'm just having massive latency issues at my house, but man, it is feeling wonky.
    Yea, like I said to you last weekend. I couldn't interact with a thing in the Spawn area. Once I went off the protected spawn squares then I could access chests and workbenches.

Kind of a pain when I can't access the chests in the spawn for eats and such.

I eventually died because pressing the door buttons outside spawn didn't do a thing and a skeleton lit me up.

Not such a big deal, but still annoying.
    Last edited by commanderkeen; 10-30-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen View Post
    Yea, like I said to you last weekend. I couldn't interact with a thing in the Spawn area. Once I went off the protected spawn squares then I could access chests and workbenches.

Kind of a pain when I can't access the chests in the spawn for eats and such.

I eventually died because pressing the door buttons outside spawn didn't do a thing and a skeleton lit me up.

Not such a big deal, but still annoying.
    I have the same exact issue. Buttons and chest don't work. I can't break blocks and have to go through the mine to get in and out of the spawn area. Once I am outside the chunk, everything works fine. I have tried it on two computers and both have the same issue (1-wifi and 1-hardwired).

We should probably move the animal farms outside and into separate chunks.
    Last edited by toolfan; 10-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Just seems like the spawn area is locked. I've been on several public servers where this is the case, though in those cases it's usually so no one can grief spawn.

Anyone working on any fun projects thus far? Some friends and I are still looking for an area to call "home".
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Just seems like the spawn area is locked. I've been on several public servers where this is the case, though in those cases it's usually so no one can grief spawn.

Anyone working on any fun projects thus far? Some friends and I are still looking for an area to call "home".
    I think we should shift the spawn point by about 40 or 50 or whatever, and then make a path from that into "base". That way you can still spawn in a safe area, and the base will be accessible.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    I think we should shift the spawn point by about 40 or 50 or whatever, and then make a path from that into "base". That way you can still spawn in a safe area, and the base will be accessible.
    Now that we have several melon farms, my plan is to make a village with a "town square" that is the spawn point. So keep the current area marked out, but make the base around it.

*Edit: That is my "fun" project Rush.
    Last edited by James; 10-31-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I am building an iron farm. The structure is already built near the cow farm, but the hard part is migrating the villagers. I got two about half way from the northwest village to the base but they mysteriously got killed by zombies. I need to build out the northwest village with more doors so that they can breed more and then I will try again.

Update: The iron farm is complete and open for business. You get an iron golem every four minutes or so and the iron deposits in a chest at the bottom of the waterfall. We will see how it goes, but I can build another tier to increase efficiency.

I looked up the issues we are having at the spawn point and its definitely server side spawn protection. Anyone other than OPs can not add/break block, use buttons, or levers and the only way to fix it is to move the spawn point. I accidentally locked a villager in the spawn point when transporting them through the nether because of it.

I also added a portal in the nether that matches up to the nether portal on top of the big gravel mountain near the cow farm.
    Last edited by toolfan; 11-01-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Great White Shark
    I've added a path to the desert house portal.

I started clearing the area for the new "village around the base" so we can disassemble the base eventual and make it simply a nice town square with a portal to the nether.

Hey guys. Im enjoying the new map and I have a small proposal. Last map, I missed out on finding the dragon in the end as I was a little late joining, so I propose that whoever finds the end portal tell us before killing the dragon. This way we can schedule a time for us all to go and do it together in the name of Sharky. How's that sound?

I located the end portal and have setup a nether port that leads directly to it. We still need 10 Eyes of Ender to activate it. I will be on vacation for the next two weeks, so please hold off on killing the dragon until after that time. Thanks.
    Last edited by toolfan; 11-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.

I would like to be in on this dragon murder party.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I too will help slay the beast.

We should also go in fully mounted!
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    So Two weeks from now, ender party.