Online storage solution recommendations

Sharky Forums

Thread: Online storage solution recommendations

Online storage solution recommendations

I'm looking for an easy to use service to backup photos, videos, documents etc. There are a ton of choices out there...any recommendations? I'm willing to pay and probably need 75gb-100gb of space right now, with the ability to expand in the future. I'm just tired of backing up crap to an external USB drive and dread the day something catastrophic happens. As it is now I back all of our family photos/videos up to an external drive and sync that amongst 2 laptops and a desktop and once a year I'll burn a couple DVDs and put in the firesafe. As you can see I'm willing to pay an annual fee to just turn on my computer and have stuff sync to a cloud service automatically.

So far, http://www.justcloud.com/ is a service that seems to fit the bill. Any others to consider? Anything technical to consider?

Thanks
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

CrashPlan is my absolute fav.

https://www.crashplan.com/consumer/store.vtl

Very cheap, Works fabulously on Windows/OS X/ Linux. I even installed it on my ReadyNAS. I paid the $288 for 10 PCs with unlimited data for 4 years. That is 60 cents a month per PC for unlimited backup.

If you just want to pay monthly for 1 PC it's $5 a month and you get unlimited.

I've tried a lot of backup services and have found nothing equal in terms of value and functionality.

I even moved our business stuff over to CrashPlan Pro. I can drop it on any client server for $7 a month unlimited backup and manage them all centrally.

Edit- Forgot to add that you if you just wanted a daily backup between 2 PCs, you can do that for free with CrashPlan free edition. You can simply backup between friends/family/work PC, etc.

http://www.crashplan.com/consumer/crashplan.html
    Last edited by vertices; 08-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Vertices...looking at their site looks like everything I need and more.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

What's also very nice is you can have multiple destinations. So for my home gaming PC, I set it up with CrashPlan to backup locally to my NAS, as well as to CrashPlan cloud. So for most simple failures, I can use fast restore from a local device, but also have it in the cloud in case of serious loss such as a fire.

Give the trial a shot you won't be disappointed.