Everything is so fluffy! - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everything is so fluffy!

Underlines added to URL's this morning.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Underlines added to URL's this morning.
    It also looks like you made it a lighter blue. 100% approve.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Is any one else having issues telling the difference from unread threads and read theads?

I'm having a hard time tellign the difference from bold light blue and light blue. I would suggest using a much darker blue for new and updated threads.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Is any one else having issues telling the difference from unread threads and read theads?

I'm having a hard time tellign the difference from bold light blue and light blue. I would suggest using a much darker blue for new and updated threads.
    Seconded.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Don't hold your breath on the icon colors

I always click the "Mark All Threads Read" as I'm leaving any site... It helps a bit when I come back.

I can probably get an additional "Theme" or two added... But apparently the icons are a part of the package...
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Any update on the issue reported here?

Search isn't working at all. For example, I try to search for something I wrote a long time ago, doesnt work putting in a phrase and my user ID, without my user ID, or just one word of what I wrote.
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    Search isn't working at all. For example, I try to search for something I wrote a long time ago, doesnt work putting in a phrase and my user ID, without my user ID, or just one word of what I wrote.
    Known issue being worked on... Indexes need to be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Sorry I missed it. Reported today.

Just a further one; sometimes I'm getting a database error page.
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

That's another known issue that's being looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I did an Adobe Flash update and it crammed Chrome and a Google toolbar down my throat... Any way, I was able to recreate the issue WHILE Typing. Once I clicked the Post button all was well. (in fact it's doing it now)

I don't know if this is fixable or even worth trying...But, the developers have started looking into it.

Status Update

Short version is that I received the following reply to a discussion about the site(s) performance and db errors:

DBAs are aware of the problems we’re having on the forums. They're building out a new db server to help with this.

Well they might get it to run a little smother with a new server (depending on what the old one is), but the soft squishy look has not grown on me. So I'll have to join the I don't like it crowd.
    "All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."
    January 21, 2013 The End of an ERROR

Can you ask admin to support mobile devices (ie: resizing/auto fit content) please? Long overdue!

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    Can you ask admin to support mobile devices (ie: resizing/auto fit content) please? Long overdue!
    Is it a feature of vBulletin by default? If not, it would require a massive recode, as they are currently just using the basic vBulletin package with a theme. (From what I can see.)

*Edit: Doesn't look like it.
    Last edited by James; 08-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.