Will an HDMI connection to a monitor from a video card jeopardize sound card working?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Will an HDMI connection to a monitor from a video card jeopardize sound card working?

Will an HDMI connection to a monitor from a video card jeopardize sound card working?

Because modern monitors only seem to have HDMI, and d-sub. I don't want to use D-sub as it has lower picture quality, and I don't want to use any converter, because that will lower picture quality as well. My video card has an HMDI connection, but I assume it'll totally confuse windows. I'm using a sound blaster audigy 2 and always directly connect sound devices to it. I want a Viewsonic, but should I insist on DVI to avoid complications?

Here's my card exactly:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500225

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.87 GHz
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560
    G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666
    (4096MB x2 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V)
    ASRock 870 Extreme 3
    Plextor M5S SSD
    Windows 7 x64 Compaq edition
    Viewsonic VX2233WM

Great White Shark
    Buy yourself a quality monitor and it will come with DVI and Displayport as well.

But HDMI to the monitor would be fine. As long as the monitor doesn't have built in speakers, it should not report sound capability, and windows will default to your sound card. If it comes to it, you can manually set your default back to your sound card instead of HDMI audio output.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64