Constant BSOD's under Win 7/8.1/10 I think my Processor is dying

Sharky Forums

Thread: Constant BSOD's under Win 7/8.1/10 I think my Processor is dying

Sushi

Constant BSOD's under Win 7/8.1/10 I think my Processor is dying

Rig want from slowly losing its ability to overclock to constant BSOD's under windows 7/8/10, No idea why exactly but I'm pretty sure the cpu is dying somehow, It has BSOD'd 4 times in the last 45 mins.

Its a 4-5 year old rig, has a corsair water cooler but feels useless without being able to OC

I think im going to find a cheap Phenom IIx2, and go from there.

anyone else experience constant bsod's with varying error reasons?

How is the PSU health? Have you tried running @ stock speed and see if the problem goes away?

Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    How is the PSU health? Have you tried running @ stock speed and see if the problem goes away?
    Hello Actually yea I set it back to stock, it still crashed like crazy.

Im not sure what I did but it hasn't BSOD'd sense I initially wrote the original post. I tried various bios setting changes and I don't know if I accidentally corrected the problem or what.

I ordered a cheap phenom iix2 almost a week ago, its supposed to arrive today. So Ill swap it, try some benchmarks/prime95 to make sure its stable, then attempt to unlock the other cores and possibly overclock. Trying to recreate my PC's original conditions to see if it was the cpu.

HWMonitor is showing the voltage settings all look ok, the 3 and 5v rail are reading at slightly above 3/5v, 12v rail is reading at 12.3v