Fifa 13

Sharky Forums

Thread: Fifa 13

Fifa 13

My wife surprised me with this over the weekend. She saw me playing the demo, over and over and over and came back from shopping and was like 'here, thought you'd like this'.

HOLY SMOKES is this game fan-fan-tastic! I used to play FIFA on the Sega Genesis in '95 back in college all of the time and haven't played any since. I finally spent some time with it last night making my own ultimate team and started a career mode and the detail is just amazing. I am actually surprised at how easy and fluid the controls are. This game can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. Right now I'm on the simple side, but starting to pick up some controller skills that have translated into some nice plays on the screen. I'm really diggin' the flow of the game, the sound selection and just the overall polish of it.

Anyone else play this? I'm playing on PS3 and trying to get a grasp on the ultimate team concept and liking the strategy side of it. Trying to manage your players and put a decent squad on the field to earn some more coins. There are some challenges vs. friends that can score some good xp and coins I wouldn't mind doing. I scored a couple of my favorite MLS players on the super cheap in the auction house, so I have a good solid mid field for my Division 5 team LOL.

I'm happy I've finally found a sports game that I enjoy playing and is holding my interest.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

My friends and I get the new iteration of FIFA every year. '13 has been a welcome change from 12, and we are loving it. FIFA 12 was horrible in so many ways. Through balls mostly didn't work, creative play was not rewarded, and crossing was nearly impossible in the offensive third. The worst part was the contact mechanic - players just seemed to ghost RIGHT through you even if you jammed them up or got directly in their way. It was pretty ridiculous. And defenders/goalkeepers in 12 got the royal shaft - was near-impossible for them to get high game ratings, while strikers who simply scored a goal and maybe had an assist easily topped 8 or 9 in a game.

Rant over. TLDR: FIFA 13 is an awesome game all around and a big improvement on 12.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Sounds like I picked a good year to jump in then! I'm really enjoying the AI calling out for pass through balls, and I'm starting to get the nack of a few little tricks and stuff. I've played about 5 games already tonight and have about 10 more in me before quitting time
    Xbox Series X

Figured out how to upload replays Here's my custom guy. I made a midfielder after my son who plays midfield, uploaded his image to gameface too LOL.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/139347683

good ol' left foot strike just like he did this past Saturday.
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    My friends and I get the new iteration of FIFA every year. '13 has been a welcome change from 12, and we are loving it. FIFA 12 was horrible in so many ways. Through balls mostly didn't work, creative play was not rewarded, and crossing was nearly impossible in the offensive third. The worst part was the contact mechanic - players just seemed to ghost RIGHT through you even if you jammed them up or got directly in their way. It was pretty ridiculous. And defenders/goalkeepers in 12 got the royal shaft - was near-impossible for them to get high game ratings, while strikers who simply scored a goal and maybe had an assist easily topped 8 or 9 in a game.

Rant over. TLDR: FIFA 13 is an awesome game all around and a big improvement on 12.
    I actually used to pass the ball around on defense, including goalie, to get up their ratings
    That's when i discovered the biggest issue with 12, you can pass the ball in your defense for hours litterally and the game never ends. The ref only ends a game when the ball enters midfield :P

I find it interesting though that you think 13 is such a big change over 12 cause when i watch video reviews or read reviews
    they usually say 13 is a minor upgrade and not worth it over 12.
    A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    ABIT KN8 SLI
    2x512MB PC 3200 DDR
    BFG GTS 250 1 GB
    SB Audigy
    250gig Maxtor Maxline Plus II SATA HD
    Viewsonic VA1912wb