Downloads are corrupted... Office Word, logos, graphic I have saved are unusable code

Sharky Forums

Thread: Downloads are corrupted... Office Word, logos, graphic I have saved are unusable code

Expensive Sushi

Downloads are corrupted... Office Word, logos, graphic I have saved are unusable code

[FONT=Arial Black]............................................................ ............................................................ ...........................................................S o I first noticed a problem when I tried to open a thumb drive that had instructional documents that were made on an Apple Computer. Then when I try to save a graphic to post on a document or say one of my facebook pages. it ends up looking like the above.

Do I need to get a service to fix my problem? Does anyone recognize what the possible issue is here? Did I click on something and change my Office Word settings.

NOW remember, it is always a download from some other owner/user. If I open it directly, I have no problem, but it happens when I save it and try to open it at a later date. I have no problem with my photos or videos or logos I created.

Any recommendation or advice is appreciated.

Now, documents and photos are fine, but when I click on a document/PDF or logo from a different owner/user,[B] the item when uploaded looks like this........
    :0});n.requests[this.requestId]=this;}n.getRequestById=function(o){return n.requests[o];};n.prototype.setOpenIDUrl=function(o){this.openidUrl=o;ret urn this;};n.prototype.setSuccessHandler=function(o){this.succes sResponseHandler=o;return this;};n.prototype.setErrorHandler=function(o){this.errorHan dler=o;return this;};n.prototype.setCancelHandler=function(o){this.cancelH andler=o;return this;};n.prototype.setImmediateMode=function(o){this.immedia teMode=o;return this;};n.prototype.setUseExtensions=function(o){this.useExte nsions=o;return this;};n.prototype.setIntermediateHandler=function(o){this.i ntermediateHandler=o;return this;};n.prototype.setThirdPartyLogin=function(o){this.third PartyLogin=o;return this;};n.prototype.send=function(){if(!this.openidUrl)throw "openidUrl is a required parameter. Call setOpenIDUrl()";var o=this.calculateRedirectUrl();if(!o){this.logMetrics('redire ctUrlNotFound');return;}if(this.
    __d("legacy:control-textarea",["TextAreaControl"],function(a,b,c,d){a.TextAreaControl=b('TextAreaControl');}, 3);
    __d("legacy:dom-misc",["DeprecatedCSSMiscellany"],function(a,b,c,d){var e=b('DeprecatedCSSMiscellany');a.show=e.show;a.hide=e.hide;a .shown=e.shown;a.toggle=e.toggle;a.toggleDisplayNone=e.toggl eDisplayNone;},3);
    __d("legacy:startsWith",["startsWith"],function(a,b,c,d){a.startsWith=b('startsWith');},3);
    __d("legacy:link-controller",["LinkController"],function(a,b,c,d){a.LinkController=b('LinkController');},3) ;
    __d("legacy:input-methods",["Input","copyProperties"],function(a,b,c,d){var e=b('Input'),f=b('copyProperties');f(a.Input||(a.Input={}),e );},3);
    __d("legacyrimer",["Primer"],

So I first noticed a problem when I tried to open a thumb drive that had instructional documents that were made on an Apple Computer. Then when I try to save a graphic to post on a document or say one of my facebook pages. it ends up looking like the above.

Do I need to get a service to fix my problem? Does anyone recognize what the possible issue is here? Did I click on something and change my Office Word settings.

NOW remember, it is always a download from some other owner/user. If I open it directly, I have no problem, but it happens when I save it and try to open it at a later date. I have no problem with my photos or videos or logos I created.

Any recommendation or advice is appreciated.

Hammerhead Shark
    I would like to know what file extension you saved it as from the MAC. It sounds like FB and whatever else you are trying to open it with does not recognize the language or it's not compatible. I don't use FB so I'd check with them to see what are acceptable file types to upload. Formatting of Word is different from MAC vs PC. The best thing to do when you want to open a file from a MAC to PC is to save it as a .pdf. The other option is to use open office on both systems. If it's a graphic image you are trying to use, then just make sure the software you are using can support it. Typical graphic files are .jp(e)g, png, gif, bmp. If you are using a particular program to save it on the MAC, then I would remove any extra save option tweaks.
    Last edited by kujoe2002; 03-05-2013 at 07:01 PM.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    CPU: i7-2700K @3.5 ghz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    CPU COOLING:Corsair Hydro H80i
    VIDEO: MSI TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 OC N760 in SLI
    HDD: Intel 320-160GB SSD
    HDD: Samsung 840 250GB SSD
    MEDIA: Plextor Dual DVD
    PSU: CORSAIR HX750W
    CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower
    10 x64 Home Premium
    Monitor: AOC ,32" curved 1440p